enough with Lucio losing his ult

General Discussion
01/27/2018 08:59 PMPosted by MoonKeeper
Mercy had her immunity before with the rez
She doesn't anymore and her ultimate was still instantaneous so it only helped after ulting.
01/28/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Xaron
01/28/2018 12:09 AMPosted by DontBanThis1

Then just be smarter when you use it.

I don't complain that I lose Genji ult while I'm casting it.

Lucio has no mobility when casting his ult. Genji does. A better comparisson would be Lucio's ult and Bastion's, except everyone complains about the casting time on Bastion's. That still doesn't change the fact that Lucio has to be in the center of the fight to use the ult. It's not a matter of positioning yourself or playing smart, if you're using the ult in reaction to an enemy ult you need to be with the team, in the line of fire.
Bastion can't move though and he's a very large target. Don't ever ult as Bastion unless you're severely hidden if there's a Hanzo or you'll be oneshot every single time.
01/28/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Terranguard

Lucio has no mobility when casting his ult. Genji does. A better comparisson would be Lucio's ult and Bastion's, except everyone complains about the casting time on Bastion's. That still doesn't change the fact that Lucio has to be in the center of the fight to use the ult. It's not a matter of positioning yourself or playing smart, if you're using the ult in reaction to an enemy ult you need to be with the team, in the line of fire.
Bastion can't move though and he's a very large target. Don't ever ult as Bastion unless you're severely hidden if there's a Hanzo or you'll be oneshot every single time.

I know Bastion can't move and he's a large target. I was using the fact that he had no mobility when casting his ult as my target for comparison, because the guy above me was comparing Lucio and Genji's cast time without looking at the full picture.
I think that all ultimates need to be more like Lucio's. What fun is it when ultimates are easy to use and possess enormous effectiveness?
01/28/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Xaron
Again, playing smart isn't a factor. Half of all of it's uses come in reacting to enemy ultimates. If I use Sound Barrier to counter a Tac Visor, I can't stop myself from being targeted in the middle of casting my ult. I can't hide beind cover because anything solid will block my ult, squandering it. I can't dash into a room and dash back out when my ultimate is cast, because I can't just think about myself when casting.

Then do it while Visor is casting or get your D.Va to DM in the Soldier's face for the 2 seconds it takes you to use it.
01/28/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Triskan
The problem is that sound barrier is a reaction ult.

I'm a Lucio main, I know I use it in reaction to a deadeye, a tacvisor, a death blossom, a barrage...

So the people asking to be smart about how to use it dont really understand Lucio.

Except when you use SB to engage (and that's not most of the time, truly), you dont have time at all to see what's around you. Could be your're the first one in Soldier's visor, could be you're just next to Reaper's blossom, could be you're straight under Pharah's rockets... but you dont have the time, you just have to react imediatly...

So yeah, that ult loss really hurt our boy Lucio, I hope they'll remedy to that sometimes.

Soldier's ult has an animation of roughly 1 second from the moment he starts saying the voice line until he actually starts shooting.

Lucio's casting time is less than one second. If you time it correctly, you can still get it off even if he has a lock on on you. Same thing with Death blossom. 170 damage per second, not enough to kill you in time. And Sound barrier doesn't really counter barrage. It never did.
01/28/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Triskan
The problem is that sound barrier is a reaction ult.

I'm a Lucio main, I know I use it in reaction to a deadeye, a tacvisor, a death blossom, a barrage...

It seems specifically designed not to be a reactionary ultimate, precisely because of that delay, which was obviously deemed central to the ability's intended design.

If it clearly can't, and never had been, able to be used particularly well as a reactionary ultimate, why should we assume that it was intended to be one, rather than as some manner of initiation ultimate or the like, as it is more often used in pro play?

It's able, since Deadeye has a cast time before its 250 DPS and Death Blossom has 170 DPS vs. the minimum 1-second cast, but that cast time's there for a reason.

What I don't understand is simply why there isn't a side-benefit to that design choice (the delay). For instance, why isn't it empowered when running above its minimum cast time? Why doesn't he receive any of that shielding earlier?
I agree with OP. I ended up switching to McCree on ps4 because my Lucio play is so much less effective with that insane ult cancel.

Lucio can say "Let's", a Doomfist can look at you, realize you said "Let's", think "Oh, I should uppercut him", uppercut you, effectively quintupling the time it takes for you to cast, and then everyone have like 6 full seconds to shoot you to death.

Meanwhile Zen presses one button and gets an ability that stops way more ults than beat does.

They should remove the "on the ground" requirement for it imo.
01/27/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Arandmoor
Having spent tons of time playing characters that channel their ults, nah. This just brings you in line with everyone else who can have their entire ultimates wasted if you press Q at the wrong time.

The difference is that any other hero doesn't jump up for his Q to be the perfect target for everyone. Lucio is even yelling like "Gonna ult, shoot me, quick!"
01/28/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Tillerz
01/27/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Arandmoor
Having spent tons of time playing characters that channel their ults, nah. This just brings you in line with everyone else who can have their entire ultimates wasted if you press Q at the wrong time.

The difference is that any other hero doesn't jump up for his Q to be the perfect target for everyone. Lucio is even yelling like "Gonna ult, shoot me, quick!"

So does McCree, who can't instantly get an effect out of his ultimate.

So does Mei, who also has a cast time.

So does Hanzo, who also has a cast time.

So does Bastion, who also has a cast time.
01/28/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Piltmannen
I think that all ultimates need to be more like Lucio's. What fun is it when ultimates are easy to use and possess enormous effectiveness?

Yes! Make Hanzo unable to ult through walls to bring it on par. :P
01/28/2018 12:17 AMPosted by DontBanThis1

Again, be smarter when you use it.

every healer know how to be smart with their ults
its easy to interrupt Lucio while he is trying to counter ults then lose it
whether he needs to cast it immediately or just cast it faster if he gonna lose it frequently, Lucio is my most played hero and I always thought its just so slow to cast his ult
One tip I can give you for Lucio is that if you use SB you have a little known time span you get to apply it to people. If you sense an incoming ult or have any bit of cover, get behind it as you ult then you have about another second to move back out from it. You'll still send SB to any ally in line of sight coming out from behind cover so you don't need to use his ult in full sight of everyone all the time.
01/27/2018 11:48 PMPosted by DontBanThis1
01/27/2018 10:44 PMPosted by possumcorpse

Or it could just not take 15 seconds for him to hit the ground. That cast animation wasn't put in place for balance purposes it is just eye candy.

I rarely get shut down when ulting on Lucio, just play smart, people should be rewarded for hitting the Lucio while he's ulting.

If Lucio keeps his ult when he dies then we might aswell revert one of the most logical balance changes in OW history, which was to have all ults go to zero as soon as you use them.

If you remove the cast-time you might aswell make every ult in the game instant.

01/27/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Xaron
The difference between most other ults is that Lucio has to be in the center of the fight for it to have full effect.

It has a huge AoE radius, just get LoS of your team and pop it.

then why dont they do that the same with genji or soldier?

i know its a transformation ult i think, but roadhog is so easy to stun with his giant hit box
01/28/2018 08:59 AMPosted by BlyZeraz
One tip I can give you for Lucio is that if you use SB you have a little known time span you get to apply it to people. If you sense an incoming ult or have any bit of cover, get behind it as you ult then you have about another second to move back out from it. You'll still send SB to any ally in line of sight coming out from behind cover so you don't need to use his ult in full sight of everyone all the time.

and that's not Lucio play style
he will always be and need to be next to the team helping with dive and extra damage and speed boosting I know the meta has changed now Lucio feels like not a good pick and losing ult isn't a good thing either if you are engaging with your team you will lose it at some point even though you only ulted to counter enemy ults like yesterday I was solo healing this great team so first time I ulted to help tanks stay alive and push to check point the second time heard genji ulting I ulted I got slashed right away I was behind the team though but that didn't help and lost it but what if I cast it a little faster would that help I wonder?!
I dont know but I hope I see this as a buff to Lucio
01/28/2018 02:10 AMPosted by DontBanThis1
01/28/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Xaron
Again, playing smart isn't a factor. Half of all of it's uses come in reacting to enemy ultimates. If I use Sound Barrier to counter a Tac Visor, I can't stop myself from being targeted in the middle of casting my ult. I can't hide beind cover because anything solid will block my ult, squandering it. I can't dash into a room and dash back out when my ultimate is cast, because I can't just think about myself when casting.

Then do it while Visor is casting or get your D.Va to DM in the Soldier's face for the 2 seconds it takes you to use it.

Tac Visor activates well before Sound Barrier does, and coordination in QP or in Comp at my level doesn't exist. I think you just hate healers and are unwilling to add anything constructive to the argument.
01/27/2018 10:41 PMPosted by DontBanThis1
Be smarter when you use it, wait for the enemy to use CC, get back so you don't get shutdown using it.

If you get shutdown by another hero while you're ulting you deserve to lose your ult.

"Hang on team! I know that Genji is slicing you all to bits right now, but I can't drop the beat because McCree hasn't used flash yet!"
01/29/2018 12:51 PMPosted by YunChun
Look what I've found from 1 1/2 years.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749718057#post-1

wow man
then losing ult wasn't a thing at least you will have it for next push/fight but now no nothing
Really was a bad change for lucio, might be possibly why he has fallen out of favor lately (besides mercy).