I was here when Ana was nerfed

General Discussion
All you Mercy mains were also saying she deserved it, and couldn't be happier.

Hmmm, something seems so familiar today.
01/30/2018 12:49 PMPosted by JimmyCarter

You just can't be serious. There is this stuff like, support brotherhood, you know. It's like you want to see your team alive and victorious. Why would you be happy because of any support nerfs?
01/30/2018 12:52 PMPosted by GoTHiQuE
Why would you be happy because of any support nerfs?

Support is OP. Support is nerfed. People are happy. EZ.
Hi, I main Ana now and then at the time.

I can’t wish or celebrate this kind of nerf to any hero. There’s a difference between a scalpel and a sledgehammer— except it seems that the difference is too overwhelming to some to grasp.

While I did witness Mercy-Mains that were pretty...unsympathetic to Ana's plight back in Season 3 (especially Console Mercy Mains who were unaffected by Ana's dominance in the slightest)...this isn't right.

Instead of holding on to grudges and laughing at someone when they're down, you can at least be empathetic.

Even those these balance changes were necessary for the game, it still hurts to have your favorite hero shot down multiple pegs.

Sorry OP, but as an Ana-Main, I can't get down with this.
Because this forum is 90% mercy one tricks. What do you expect...
Moira is still a more desirable choice than Ana. Nothing about changing Mercy is going to change that.

Well, Ana definitely did need a nerf. Mind you, not the nerf they gave her, but she was a bit too good. And Mercy also definitely needed a nerf. I just wish both nerfs had been done with more grace and thought.

Nice generalising.

Same with Roadhog. The karma is real.

Except nobody asked for a damage nerf, only things that needed to be toned down were her healing so she couldn't 1% HP to 100% HP tanks within a couple seconds and that was fixed. The damage nerfs were kinda uncalled for. And Ana is my 2nd most played hero so don't even pull that "You didn't even play Ana" crap.
01/30/2018 12:52 PMPosted by GoTHiQuE
There is this stuff like, support brotherhood, you know.

lmao
I was a Mercy main and knew it was the dumbest decision they could make. Unfun but not imbalanced. Ana's winrate was lower than Mercys at the time of the nerf. Actually, I came on the forums and made a post begging blizz to make console specific balancing. 39% winrate later, she has friendly fire aim assist, and is still considered garbage. The issue with supports is that when one is meta they need to gently bring the f tier counterpart up to par, through gentle nerfs and buffs to the support roster. Not taking a chainsaw to one particular character (same with reworking the most popular support in the game to a 90% pickrate because you don't like her ult and making a nonissue into a legitimate issue).
She (Ana) did deserve it tho. It was broken AF. Watching a Roadhog go from 50 to 600 in a second... No. Never again. It was busted. And it created an awful meta that abused the grenade in its full.

But so did Mercy. It was cancer.
01/30/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Zwei

Except nobody asked for a damage nerf, only things that needed to be toned down were her healing so she couldn't 1% HP to 100% HP tanks within a couple seconds and that was fixed. The damage nerfs were kinda uncalled for. And Ana is my 2nd most played hero so don't even pull that "You didn't even play Ana" crap.

I saw a lot of flanker mains very upset that Ana had the audacity to be able to duel and win a fight with them. (and her being able to duel well was supposedly the reason for the damage nerf iirc?).
Wasn't Mercy mains...
I hadn't even bought the game yet back then, but since you say so...
She did deserve it since she was a must pick, just as Mercy deserved it because she was a (kind of) must pick.

Though, just like with Ana, Blizzard took the nerf a step too far and made them meh. Not totally awful. Just meh.
Ana was mostly nerfed because of dvas dm fix/buff and Winston's shield cool down buff. She doesn't suck because mercy got buffed or changed. You still won't win easier games vs dive. Blizzard buffed special heroes and nerfed ana at the wrong time.. but ppl don't even get why ana is bad.
I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WAS ALL MERCY MAINS THAT REJOICED AT THE ROADHOG AND ANA NERFS LLAAAWWWWWLLLL

GEEZ MAN PEOPLE ON THE FORUMS ARE EXTREMELY IGNORANT