No Mercy No Win And We're Tired of Mercy

General Discussion
Our 6 stack has been switching mercy duty around for a bit.
Today we decided to play a few matches without Mercy.
We were absolutely clobbered.
There's just no way to keep up with the healing and once there's a Valkyrie the fight's pretty much over.

How much longer until the PTR usually goes live?
How long until we get a revert? Because let me tell you, as long as Resurrect is on a cooldown, even with the cast time and slow down, Mercy will ALWAYS be a must-pick. Being able to undo a kill every 30 seconds is too valuable.

Ironic the point of the rework was to "lessen the impact of Rez", so let's make sure she can use Rez more than ever. :) Such brilliance.
We get it. People don't like the Mercy meta. This is only the 1,000th thread on it. Please make more, I think we'll get the picture by the 5,000th.
01/14/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Trash
We get it. People don't like the Mercy meta. This is only the 1,000th thread on it. Please make more, I think we'll get the picture by the 5,000th.

what are you talking about, ive seen people defending mercy meta more so than people not liking the mercy meta. its just one post...
ps: supposedly the patch goes live on tuesday
I remember when they did the rework. And how everyone including professional players and youtubers were happy about it. And i was sitting there saying to myself, Are they serious? Res as an ability with a cooldown and a valk with 4 reses? Why are they happy about it? That'll destroy the game.

But i do believe that this ptr change will tone her down significantly. She might still remain a must pick afterwards, but It won't be valk= Teamfight victory anymore. There's a chance that after this, she'll actually become balanced.
the only solution is to remove res from the game. this is not warcraft.
01/14/2018 06:42 PMPosted by cmdrkilljoy
There's just no way to keep up with the healing and once there's a Valkyrie the fight's pretty much over.

Tuesday is patch day usually. Hopefully then.

01/14/2018 06:45 PMPosted by fayescarlet
How long until we get a revert? Because let me tell you, as long as Resurrect is on a cooldown, even with the cast time and slow down, Mercy will ALWAYS be a must-pick. Being able to undo a kill every 30 seconds is too valuable.

Ironic the point of the rework was to "lessen the impact of Rez", so let's make sure she can use Rez more than ever. :) Such brilliance.

Good luck getting a revert, when it's been pretty much confirmed the Devs don't make changes based on the forums anymore.

Exactly. Before the nerf I got at most 20 rezes in one match and that only happened on like 5 round koth matches. Now you play an 8 minute round and you probably have 6-10 rezes

I played comp games with Moira/Lucio and Moira/Ana (believe it or not) and we won against teams with Mercy. There's no way you should be letting an enemy Mercy live long enough to rez someone every 30 seconds. I've played QP games with just one Moira as healer and same thing, not to mention top heals and top eliminations. It's not impossible to play without Mercy.

I main Anna and I've won plenty of games without a Mercy.

Maybe you shouldn't be having people in your team just switch healers and have someone practice with a couple of them to get use to them.

Its the single most oppressive meta that has existed, its across all levels of play, and she literally locks in 1/6th of the match slots.

Its a joke its lasted this long.
Lol im sure mercy was not the only reason your team lost.
I usually flex because i am a pragmatist - ends justifies the means type of gamer. But i am so tired of having to play mercy 90% of my games and the rest I usually have to fill as Rein. I don't think i have even touched my old love, Reaper this whole season.
#NotMyBioticRifle
01/14/2018 07:11 PMPosted by idSurge

Its the single most oppressive meta that has existed, its across all levels of play, and she literally locks in 1/6th of the match slots.

Its a joke its lasted this long.
Th triple tank meta locked 4/6ths slots.

Jeff has already stated that the next patch is the one that includes Blizzard World and it does not include the Mercy changes. At the soonest it will be the patch after that. Also, considering even people that hate Mercy such as XQC think the nerf is too harsh, it will probably (hopefully) be rolled back a bit and thus it will have even more time on the PTR.

Apparently Blizz doesn't get it.
01/14/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Karo

Apparently Blizz doesn't get it.

Hopefully today is the day Blizzard shows they get it.

Jesus, you nailed the problem right on the head for both mercy/non-Mercy players, but then proceed to double down on wanting mercy made to be both garbage even more boring =\