OWL has been

General Discussion
super dope. INCREDIBLE first week! Loads of heroes being played, Pines Mccree was simply orgasmic. So many tight matches!

Learning a lot from the pros - I feel like I can take on the world when I play competitive lmao. Especially Tracer, on my alt account, Im training her, and watching these guys play is helping so much.

I didnt expect it to be this tense, but Blizzard and the team did well. I'm very impressed. Good job! <3

Spitfire are my team! But do I support them by buying their skin, or buy Houston/Dynasty skins for aesthetic purposes? Decisions!
Only issue I really forsee is that the OWL goes through August, and I honestly am already losing interest outside of a few cool videos of pros doing what pros should be doing anyways.

Also I would like some kind of charting for individual players stats, either with the games they've played and/or for the stage of play they're in. That would be helpful for the audience in terms of what kind of expectations we can anticipate for swaps or when a player goes out of their way to do something beyond what their base stats say they should be.
01/15/2018 02:09 AMPosted by DrZack
Only issue I really forsee is that the OWL goes through August, and I honestly am already losing interest outside of a few cool videos of pros doing what pros should be doing anyways.

Also I would like some kind of charting for individual players stats, either with the games they've played and/or for the stage of play they're in. That would be helpful for the audience in terms of what kind of expectations we can anticipate for swaps or when a player goes out of their way to do something beyond what their base stats say they should be.

Hopefully when the meta shifts, it will spike some interest again, and shake things up.

What I really dislike the most is the same maps being played again more than anything. I wanna see some LJ towers, Eichenwalde, Volskaya. But other than that, I'm really enjoying it. They show stats of the players after the rounds, I believe, during the breaks. But not really in a charting formation, and theyre more relative to opposing team roles e.g itll show Gestures Tank stats, then as a comparison it'll show the other teams Tank stats.
Wait how long does owl last? I thought it was just like this past weekend and thats it. I mean I haven’t cared to watch anything but i was hoping it would just blow over after this week
01/15/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Roxas
Wait how long does owl last? I thought it was just like this past weekend and thats it. I mean I haven’t cared to watch anything but i was hoping it would just blow over after this week

For a while... lol
Yes, it was a great start for sure.

I loved the tense matches. Kind of underwhelming to watch the 4 - 0 stomps, though.
01/15/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Roxas

because this is the "Inaugural Season", the Overwatch League is going to last a long time. just this season alone goes until about July. Then playoffs start.
Assuming the OWL continues with success, this will only get bigger, leading to more seasons. Once people see the business and profit possibilities in the OWL, there will most likely be more investors leading to more teams.
Welcome to the E-sports world of Overwatch.
I too enjoyed the games, especially the Valiant vs Fuel, all matches were all intense.

But I've gotta ask, what exactly did you learn from it? It's just a bunch of pros doing what they do best, with 8 fixed heroes in all games, strategies that can only work when you have premade team and players.

I installed the game back in because I was so excited to play Ana again after watching Jehong, but I didn't learn anything from his games.
01/15/2018 02:28 AMPosted by UpARayBan

Hopefully when the meta shifts, it will spike some interest again, and shake things up.

What I really dislike the most is the same maps being played again more than anything. I wanna see some LJ towers, Eichenwalde, Volskaya. But other than that, I'm really enjoying it. They show stats of the players after the rounds, I believe, during the breaks. But not really in a charting formation, and theyre more relative to opposing team roles e.g itll show Gestures Tank stats, then as a comparison it'll show the other teams Tank stats.

I don't think that dive meta is going anywhere unfortunately. Minus a few odd picks I'm already getting pretty bored seeing the same thing over and over again.
01/15/2018 03:13 AMPosted by JupiteL
I too enjoyed the games, especially the Valiant vs Fuel, all matches were all intense.

But I've gotta ask, what exactly did you learn from it? It's just a bunch of pros doing what they do best, with 8 fixed heroes in all games, strategies that can only work when you have premade team and players.

I installed the game back in because I was so excited to play Ana again after watching Jehong, but I didn't learn anything from his games.

Blink management, positioning, aim (thats a weird one but I'll explain later if you want). I wanna get really good with tracer as I believe shes the best hero in the game, and I wanted to test this ''tracer has no counters'' hypothesis - which is complete bullsh*t btw.

But yeah, they've taught me how to fight certain heroes, when to go aggressive, when to recall how to deal with duels, etc. When Im watching a certain hero, Im thinking to myself okay what would I do in this situation? And then see what the player does, If he does something I wouldnt have done, I'd ask myself why did he do that etc. I tend to analyse quite deeply, sometimes.
Dallas Vs Dynasty.

Definitely one of the best overwatch games i have ever seen. From the first reveal of the double sniper meta on junkertown to the INSANELY CLOSE anubis game and the final numbani draw. Just amazing.
01/15/2018 04:00 AMPosted by D3LT4
Dallas Vs Dynasty.

Definitely one of the best overwatch games i have ever seen. From the first reveal of the double sniper meta on junkertown to the INSANELY CLOSE anubis game and the final numbani draw. Just amazing.

Im incredibly looking forward to SpiteFire v Fuel

It's a league. Not a tournament. So people for the most part should be tuning for their favourite team instead of watching every match, as that simply will burn out literally everyone.
01/15/2018 03:55 AMPosted by UpARayBan
Blink management, positioning, aim (thats a weird one but I'll explain later if you want). I wanna get really good with tracer as I believe shes the best hero in the game, and I wanted to test this ''tracer has no counters'' hypothesis - which is complete bullsh*t btw.

But yeah, they've taught me how to fight certain heroes, when to go aggressive, when to recall how to deal with duels, etc. When Im watching a certain hero, Im thinking to myself okay what would I do in this situation? And then see what the player does, If he does something I wouldnt have done, I'd ask myself why did he do that etc. I tend to analyse quite deeply, sometimes.
I suppose you're right. I wouldn't know about that since I don't use most of the DPS they're using. The problem with the perspective is that it only favors the DPS perspective and barely shows any healer aside from Zen, since it's almost all about Mercy and Zen.
Yeah it's been super fun watching it. All these people complaining about dive are the ones who haven't watch it.

Seen triple tank come as a dive counter, priate ship, triple dps, triple support. The Widowmaker meta of having her protected by the Orisa and Dva. That game also have an unbelievable god like headshot on a tracer and then jumped into the air and headshot the enemie Widowmaker. The Rinehart play, where he hid around the side and used is ult and got like the whole team down. And yeah pines Mccree was very impressive.
logged in just to downvote this
It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. There werent many surprises.

01/15/2018 01:59 AMPosted by UpARayBan
Loads of heroes being played

What?