Best D.va in OWL

General Discussion
Who do you think is the best D.va in OWL? And why?

Haven't seen many yet but Zunba looks good and poko was awesome last night. I have never even heard of him before.
For me it's kind of a tie between NotE (Boston Uprising) and Envy (LA Valiant)
I don't know how to compare the D.Va professionals alone because I feel their Winston partner is also a very important factor on their plays. For exemple, I think MG (Shangai Dragons) could be much better if Roshan wasn't so reckless on his Winston.

That said, I like watching Fragi+Poko (Philadelphia Fusion) and Fate+Envy (LA Valiant)...

And a special shoutout for Cocco+Mickie (Dalulz Fuel, RIP xQc) although I wouldn't say they are better than the ones I mentioned earlier.
I say Mako but im a sucker for NYXL.

Pine, Saebyolbe, Jjonak, Mano, theyre all fantastic.
They all do the same thing. Its like asking who is the best Mercy.
02/19/2018 09:54 AMPosted by TrapWidow

Lmao. Ark is 100% the best Mercy, its quite obvious. The best D.Va actually isn’t in OWL, the best D.Va is almost 100% VoiD. Out of the OWL D.Vas, Fury is my pick for #1, but EnVy and Meko are strong contenders imo. Zunba is a solid D.Va, but his Zarya is generally better.
02/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by SquidKD
02/19/2018 09:54 AMPosted by TrapWidow

Lmao. Ark is 100% the best Mercy, its quite obvious. The best D.Va actually isn’t in OWL, the best D.Va is almost 100% VoiD. Out of the OWL D.Vas, Fury is my pick for #1, but EnVy and Meko are strong contenders imo. Zunba is a solid D.Va, but his Zarya is generally better.

That is interesting. You somehow managed to not give any reason at all for who is the best D.Va or Mercy. I say they all do the same thing. Tell me what each one does differently or better than the others?
Poko is insanely good with his ults, but I dunno if he's the best
Not liek they show much of the tanks but definitelly Poko.

Also most of the ppl in OWL aren't even d.va mains. They just play her for the meta.
02/19/2018 10:11 AMPosted by TrapWidow
02/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by SquidKD

That is interesting. You somehow managed to not give any reason at all for who is the best D.Va or Mercy. I say they all do the same thing. Tell me what each one does differently or better than the others?

I agree that D.va is one of the easier heroes to learn in the game, but mechanical aim, positioning, and game sense are definitely different per player. Your implication that D.va takes no skill is just silly.

It is also unfair to demand that someone state what exactly one pro does better than the others. Who has the time or ability to watch and understand how all of them play? Be reasonable.
02/19/2018 10:17 AMPosted by HappyRogue
02/19/2018 10:11 AMPosted by TrapWidow

I agree that D.va is one of the easier heroes to learn in the game, but mechanical aim, positioning, and game sense are definitely different per player. Your implication that D.va takes no skill is just silly.

It is also unfair to demand that someone state what exactly one pro does better than the others. Who has the time or ability to watch and understand how all of them play? Be reasonable.

Hmm... Two things here.

1. I did not suggest that any hero takes no skill. I just feel like certain heroes at the highest levels don't really have anything in their kit to set the best players apart.

2. If you feel that it is unfair to demand that we measure up the pro players who use D.Va then ask a mod to lock this. Because the OP is asking us to do exactly that.
I think it's too soon to say. Coolmatt and Poko seem pretty good.
02/19/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Amerasian

If this is the case then why is it that neither of those players were in the stage 1 finals? Or are they just being held back by their teams?
I think the term "best" is relative. One may be best during one game, but everyone is constantly improving.

The current contenders for me are Fate, Note, and Coolmatt.
02/19/2018 10:38 AMPosted by TrapWidow

If this is the case then why is it that neither of those players were in the stage 1 finals? Or are they just being held back by their teams?

I don't feel like one player would be able to carry their team all the way to the finals. Ultimately the teams that were in the finals were there because they had good communication and teamwork.

I do feel like Poko is a good contender for being one of the best D.Va's in the league mainly because his ults usually come from unexpected angles and somehow manage to get picks. In an interview Poko said he spent hours in custom games trying to figure out the best angles to be able to throw D.Va bombs so that they would catch people off guard. (And please, if I mixed this up with another player someone please let me know.)

That kind of work ethic to me is pretty amazing. If he continues with that along with honing his skills he could very well become the best D.Va player. But then again, any of the league D.Va players could be if they continue to put in the work and improve their skills with her. We're only just reaching stage 2 of season 1 for the Overwatch League so there is still plenty of time for someone to surprise us. Who knows, maybe Geguri in this upcoming stage will take the title.
Envy?
Pokoman of course. His bombs are a joy to watch, its obvious he has practiced so much with them

I'm just speculating, I'm not definitively saying they are the best. Although to answer your question, success in the owl is probably dictated more so my team cohesion rather than individual performance.
02/19/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Amerasian

I'm just speculating, I'm not definitively saying they are the best. Although to answer your question, success in the owl is probably dictated more so my team cohesion rather than individual performance.

I agree. Diya from Shanghai Dragons and EFFECT from Dallas Fuel both have amazing Tracer players. But their teams are at the bottom of the league.
Makes you wonder if it is even worth debating who the best player of any hero is in the league when no one player can carry their team. This is OWL not competitive ladder after all.
Coolmatt cause I’m a diehard Houston fan to the bitter end.
Poko has some pretty sick ults though.