Performance based SR and switching heroes

Competitive Discussion
Why when swiching heroes you get less sr for win/ lose more sr for loss at the end of the match? I had a game where I switched 3 heroes. And for all of them I played really well. But at the end I got only 22 sr.
Because it's a dumb system. I have ran into dozens of players that refuse to switch at all during a comp game because they don't want to lose more SR. Performance based SR basically favors one tricking.
PBSR sadly, by its current design, brings out some of the worst in competitive play and the way players are. It likes one tricking, it likes off meta niche picks, it likes damage dealing players, it likes individual plays instead of actual solid teamwork, it likes smurfs who de-rank deliberately (making their trip down quicker and easier), and so on.
01/24/2018 09:38 AMPosted by dostheboss
But at the end I got only 22 sr.

The system is built to have people grind games, as in 100s of rounds of comp. If you're at 38w-36l-4 right now that is only 2 games over a 50% win rate. If you look at all games played you're -2 under .500 really, at least win wise.
but even at 22SR per you could still make 3k with 12 wins at your current rank.
How is that really a problem? You could still knock that out in day.

I'm not really sure how fast people expect to climb or why they are shocked the climb is slow if one is only a few games over the 50/50 mark. 50/50 isn't climb, 50/50 is stay where you are at right now.
If you had to switch heroes multiple times in a game chances are you weren't doing well so why lie?
01/24/2018 01:21 PMPosted by BabyRage
If you had to switch heroes multiple times in a game chances are you weren't doing well so why lie?

His team won, probably because he switched. I'd say that's enough that you should get decent SR for it.

In any case, the entire performance based SR system is a trainwreck that frequently promotes suboptimal play. They should really just remove it entirely like they've done for the higher ranks.
01/24/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Terotrous

His team won, probably because he switched. I'd say that's enough that you should get decent SR for it.

In any case, the entire performance based SR system is a trainwreck that frequently promotes suboptimal play. They should really just remove it entirely like they've done for the higher ranks.

At first I thought they were just testing it on higher ranks first, but it seems like they are just going to ignore lower ranks entirely.

Why don't you troll somewhere else. You have no idea what the enemy team was running or whether they were switching to counter. So, chances are, you're clueless.
01/24/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Pyrofool
01/24/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Terotrous

At first I thought they were just testing it on higher ranks first, but it seems like they are just going to ignore lower ranks entirely.

Indeed, by now if they were testing it in the higher ranks first they would've most probably said so. They're silent have remained silent, I stand by my original viewpoint that I think this was mainly done to address complaints made by some professional players, popular content creators and popular streamers (most of which are usually diamond or above). Can't hurt the company's or game's precious reputation can we? It's pretty obvious by now that they don't remotely care about the dire game play in platinum or lower tiers, to them those don't exist.