Carrying players

Competitive Discussion
Platinum players carrying silver players in gold ranked matches.
if a silver player has 1999 SR does that make him worse than a gold at 2000sr?
Is it just me or is it really annoying when platinum players carry silver players, obviously the skill difference is huge and can lead to unfair advantages. Why is this a thing that is allowed? I get when platinum and gold play together when there only a 100-150 SR difference, but it makes no sense when there like a 600 SR delta.
I've seen threads complaining that in this situations the team with the platinum player would always loose since the game is more often decided by the worst player as opposed to the best player.

How are more credible than the people who created those threads?
01/27/2018 05:50 AMPosted by silvertain

Im talking about a match with 2400 sr average, theres a silver that 1900, and a plat that is 2500, so yes theres a difference in skill at that point
In my opinion the group SR gap allowed should be 500 SR maximum, not the humongous 1000 SR that it currently is.
I've had this experience in high diamond aswell during the placement season.
GM's taking a gold/plat player making them play mercy to minimize the noticeable skill difference while they pocket the gm.

It was fairly frustrating x).

But on the other hand I can see why people would wanna play Overwatch competetively with friends who just happen to be 1 or 2 leagues below them.

It's a difficult subject to handle perfectly for everyone, and I think Blizzard is looking to find the best of both worlds scenario.
Specifically between silver and plat, there's such little skill difference it mostly comes down to attitude and synergy.
01/27/2018 06:05 AMPosted by FoolishStew5
Specifically between silver and plat, there's such little skill difference it mostly comes down to attitude and synergy.

Im not so sure about that, if theres proof to that statement, ill change my opinion
01/27/2018 05:57 AMPosted by blamBandcoot
01/27/2018 05:50 AMPosted by silvertain

Im talking about a match with 2400 sr average, theres a silver that 1900, and a plat that is 2500, so yes theres a difference in skill at that point

I play all the time with my mate he is 2700 odd we do fine together ,ive never once had anyone call me out because I'm doing !@#$. Silver rank has some decent players has do gold and bronze I wouldn't pay too much attention to the rank or SR
01/27/2018 06:11 AMPosted by blamBandcoot

Im not so sure about that, if theres proof to that statement, ill change my opinion
I was in platinum in S3, didn't play as often and decayed, and was depressed for several months in a row (job stress), so now I'm at high silver/low gold.

It's mostly just attitude and ability to synergize, guy
01/27/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Hauven
In my opinion the group SR gap allowed should be 500 SR maximum, not the humongous 1000 SR that it currently is.

^ This, I always wanted this changed. You should not be able to carry someone or boost SR. Platinum should not be carrying Silver players. I find it disgraceful to play against a silver and the silver player is always a healer due to no skill. They haven't played the game on Platinum/Diamond level.

I also hate seeing Diamonds group with Golds just for an easy win. Why are you grouping with a freaking Gold. You suck for for real and are carrying someone who should be working on their on skill level. Again, it's always a gold healer with a Diamond.

I am not sure about the Diamonds/Masters. I have not reached that level of play yet in COMP but hope to someday. I have encounter a Master Tracer as a Diamond and she was Godly. I could not even counter her as Symmetra when I was 3051 High Career. I am finally over 3064 SR with High Career. Why? I worked hard for it and never boosted my SR with low level players. My matches where much more balanced except the times where I saw a Diamonds with Golds. (I beat them though thankfully for this season).

Lmao. There’s a huge difference. I have played with friend that was silver as a platinum. Games were ridiculously easy. In silver everything from gamesense to mechanical skill is lacking. They arnt hard games to carry.
I can't tell you how many times I have outplayed these Plat players that do this and they are on the opposing team. I find they get really aggressive and play ridiculously out of position because they start to get sloppy likely to feeling less challenged.

You only improve by playing against people that are better then you. A plat stacking with a silver is only favorable for the opposing team and the silver player.