Where's Blizzardworld?

General Discussion
They said they would release it very early.. but we're almost halfway done with this month. I'm speculating Tuesday or Thursday depending on their normal specific-day release schedule.
Its behind the stage in OWL. We'll see it after the tourney ends.
01/13/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Akko
They said they would release it very early.. but we're almost halfway done with this month. I'm speculating Tuesday or Thursday depending on their normal specific-day release schedule.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760778623#post-6
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760778623#post-17
They said it would release very early
That doesn't mean they'll release it on the first week of January, nor the second week due to the OWL. It's coming the Third Week aka this Tuesday. Hopefully.
01/09/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But "stuff" can happen.

01/09/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The map/items are already in console certification
01/13/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Error
01/09/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But "stuff" can happen.

01/09/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The map/items are already in console certification

Love you
They said early 2018. That usually means the first quarter, which means before the end of March at latest.
It'll probably be Tuesday now that OWL is in full swing. Maps been on the PTR for quite awhile now.

01/13/2018 09:49 PMPosted by SunDragon
They said early 2018. That usually means the first quarter, which means before the end of March at latest.

I mean, technically, but no map would ever be on the ptr that long :P
Is not going to be next week that is for sure.

Maybe the last january week with luck.
We're not getting sh!t until after OWL. They want to make damn sure nothing else could possibly divert attention from their esports trash.
01/13/2018 09:51 PMPosted by WhiteRabbit

Why not?
It has to be next week or else it would have to be released after the Year of the dog event.

There's literally nothing keeping it from next week? No one can say for sure when, but you also can't say "not next week for sure!"

01/13/2018 09:52 PMPosted by BaboonSlayer
We're not getting sh!t until after OWL. They want to make damn sure nothing else could possibly divert attention from their esports trash.

Uh... GL with that.... OWL goes past june and runs every week.
01/13/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Roflmeow
It'll probably be Tuesday now that OWL is in full swing. Maps been on the PTR for quite awhile now.

01/13/2018 09:49 PMPosted by SunDragon

True but March is the end of the first quarter of 2018. There's a pretty good chance that it will be released about a week after the league ends.
01/13/2018 09:55 PMPosted by SunDragon

<span class="truncated">...</span>

True but March is the end of the first quarter of 2018. There's a pretty good chance that it will be released about a week after the league ends.

League doesn't end til after june, I really don't know where people are getting this from? There's like a week off between series?
My main problem with it all, is that if you include PTR time and then time before another one is announced, we're going to get VERY long map release schedules.

Let's say a map is announced 2 months after the last one was released. It hits the PTR 2 weeks after, and stays on the PTR for 2.5 months before hitting live. That's 5 months for one map. This example might be a bit off what's happening here, but it's close enough to make a point.

Uhg, I'm probably just being petty due to waiting for Blizzard world for so long...Jeff's posts about it being a big map with a lot of things to sort out kind of make my pettiness evident, but...5 months is still a long time.
01/13/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Scolines

Why not?
It has to be next week or else it would have to be released after the Year of the dog event.

Is because Jeff's words.
It seems that it won't be ready for a while.

Trust me I want it now, but probably they are going to release it on January 23.
01/13/2018 09:59 PMPosted by WhiteRabbit

Why not?

Is because Jeff's words.

Trust me I want it now, but probably they are going to release it on January 23.

Blizzard is always vague about release dates, the minute they say one and miss it (they almost never do, last one i can remember is TBC) the community crucifies them.

As good a chance its next week as the week after, no later than that though.

Why not?

Is because Jeff's words.

January 23 will be the event most likely (going by last year), so i highly doubt that.
01/13/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Scolines

Is because Jeff's words.

January 23 will be the event most likely (going by last year), so i highly doubt that.

Event may be a bit later this year since year of the dog starts feb 16th while year of the rooster started jan 28th.
jeff has confirmed that the blizzardWorld will release before the end of the month.