MMR videos

Competitive Discussion
01/26/2018 12:05 AMPosted by ClAyMoRe
01/25/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Pokadotdurr
I know you asked not to focus on your gameplay but all I can see are mistakes that players in low silver would make. You can't tell me these games are unfair when there were more then enough opportunities for you to turn them around. For instance in one game you use a junkrat tire to kill one person when your team had already won the team fight. That tire could have been saved to pick off one of their team on their next push. Then later when you get a tire again and your team is trying to end overtime you stand outside of the point lobbing grenades on to the point though the window. Yes your team won the round but you had zero impact in both these occasions; Your team very much carried you.

In the same game I watched you run on to the point well after your team was eliminated and tried to 1v6 them as symetra. You also picked symetra after someone on your team said the tracer on the enemy team was flanking you. Instead of staying with the other healer to help peel for them you run away from your team and try to 1v1 her. You also tend to walk right into the effective range of both junkrat and reaper a lot and usually end up getting yourself eliminated.

So again, do yourself a favor and drop the idea that the system is trying to keep you down because its very clear why you are down there. You 100% need to work on your game sense and learn the basics. I would highly suggest that you continue to record your games and watch them back. Pay attention to where your team is, who is eliminated and try to think what decisions you could have made to differently. This is what I do because I want to improve and it has been successful because I climbed from Bronze in season 1 to where I am now. I truly believe the only thing holding players back from climbing is themselves.

My team carried me because I used tire against 1 person, can you be more specific which game are you talking about?
Yes my Sym gameplay was bad, but it was because I was quite tilted at my team for previous rounds and I have not played sym in a long time.
Also I do not need your guides to tell me how to climb out of Silver, I can do it any time,doing it right now, as I do not really need to stay in silver anymore, I have improved enough on heroes I wanted , , as I said , I am not there to carry my teams , but to see whole picture, how will I be able to show if my team was bad or good , if I will just carry them?
I think you are to high thoughts about your own gameplay , make some videos and post them here, it is easy to notice mistakes in other gameplay , I am certain that yours will be no better.

To be clear I was only giving a few examples of issues where you made bad plays where you could have made better decisions. These were on games where you lost.

Also I don't think highly of my play. This is why I said I record my game play and review it myself. I admit I suck at the game because I'm in gold and not in Master. However, because I recognize this in myself I can also recognize my mistakes. Like I said I record my games and review them. I try to see where I make mistakes and figure out how to fix them.

However all I hear from you is that you don't belong where you are but your game play speaks for itself. You seem to be blaming your team and the system as being unfair but at no point do you seem to place blame on your own mistakes. So again I say, you should spend less time trying to focus on factors you can't control and focus on yourself.
Okay, so I've gone through the Sym footage (game 7, round 2) which is kind of my specialty. Everything the comes below will be my play-by-play analysis of what I would have done differently. Note that I wouldn't almost never lose a 1500 game, unless there was a leaver on my team; so this game was VERY winnable.

Here we go (writing as I go) :
11:56 : You go high ground. It's the start of the game, so you're not going to get camped by a Reaper/Tracer, which would be a good reason to high ground. You're taking a longer path for no reason, and missing out on some easy ult charges by shooting down at the enemy entrance at ground level.
12:03 : You should turn every corner with a fully charged ball ready.
12:04 : If you had that ball ready, you could have dropped right on Tracer and one-shot her with Ball/melee hit. Instead, you do no damage to her and waste your barrier. A good tracer would have no problem killing you now. If this happened in my game, I would be running for cover towards my spawn because you're defenseless (no barrier / turrets) and cut off from your team (took the high ground route).
12:07 : Tracer recalls (big mistake from her) and you know 3 seconds ago she was right below the high ground ledge. This would be the perfect time to Barrier behind you and safely run to point. See how cooldown management matters?
12:14 : Still no ball charged while turning the point. Poor play...
12:21 : You are locked on to Lucio. You kill him, your team wins the fight.
12:22 : And... he's gone, and you're making a b-line for DVa. 2 of your teammates just died and Reaper was picked off. There is NO WAY you kill that DVa before they kill you. You need to run asap.
12:27 : You should barrier towards Junkrat while you're in the air to avoid getting killed by the second jump pack. Had you done that and instantly run towards junkrat protected by your shield, he was dead and Lucio would have to die or run.
12:48 : 94% ultimate. You should wait out the last 5% and Shield Gen in that high ground room.
12:54 : Damn your team could really have used that Shield on the fight that's about to go down... You turn a corner overlooking the point with no ball charge. You should be entering the point with 2 full balls flying ac cross the point, not 0.
12:58 : Why are you wasting Barrier when they havn't even noticed you.
12:59 : If you kept track of the feed, you're now 4v6. This fight is lost, and you need to get out.
13:03 : You killed Lucio, but didn't transition to Junkrat. Instead you went for DVa. Now, I still don't think you should still be in that fight, but killing Lucio AND Junkrat would have made it winnable. Only Lucio? That fight is done.

70 seconds in and you screwed up every step of the way. You could have changed the pace of the game at almost any point. The point should be yours considering how bad the other team is doing. Also note that you havn't thrown a single ball yet.
(part 2)
13:28 : That shield is terrible. Anyone coming from the center through the ledge can kill it without entering the room. Anyone coming from the stairs by walking around can also kill it without entering the room. It's basically placed to make it indefensible by turrets.
13:41 : You die without using barrier. This should have been an easy kill.
14:17 : Now you're actually cleaning up, which is good.
14:37 : Your turrets need to be on the ground or as high as possible. Fighting Moira, mid-level turrets will get destroyed constantly. Your turret placement is also pretty slow. It shouldn't take you 10+ seconds especially when you're about to enter a new fight.
14:59 : Ahahahahahah The struggle as you try to place your turret while under attack...
15:03 : So Tracer just bombed Rein's back from the left side. Yet, you don't seem to acknowledge it as you havn't even looked in that direction yet.
15:08 : And.... you run right into Tracer without knowing...
16:24 : Your team just got wiped from 4 ultimates. Not much you could have done, but you still have time for 1-2 pushes.
16:42 : I like those turrets placement, but WHY ARE YOU GOING TOWARDS THE POINT... Shoot balls at the point while you wait for your team and maybe bait the ennemy to chase you right into your turret + your full team.
16:55 : Forget Tracer man, this is very likely the last push for your team. GET ON THE POINT WITH YOUR TEAM.
17:08 : Tracer killed you. It took about 8 seconds longer than it should have taken (she's terrible), but now your team is in huge trouble.
17:19 : Yeah, just from the feed, it's obvious this is over. This is now a 2v5 on point.

Ok, this was sad. Some games can be hard to win. This one was hard to lose.
Okay got some things for you watching it now will post as I see:

1) Game 1 right at start idk what stats your looking at, press P and hover over everyones top 3 heroes and think to yourself "who should do what role?" If your team has 3 support mains and your a support main, but maybe you play a lot of dps, GO DPS. Only time I look at someones profile is if they make a questionable pick or I think they are throwing/smurfing.

2) Game 1 right at start, you wait until 4 ppl have selected, 2 tanks 2 dps and you go dps???? go support! 2 supports are needed, if you have 2 sups 1 tank then 3 dps is okay!

3) Game 1 5 minute mark: youre standing outside of their spawn as widow? this is stupid they would walk out and shoot you and kill you in any higher rank game. you only get away with this b/c its low elo.

4) game 1 7min 45 secs: what are you doing here? away from your team, low impact damage waiting to die. if the enemy team was smarter they would charge in there, demech you, kill you then bam now its a 5v6 in favor of enemy team

so those are some specific examples of an overarching theme. Your mechanical skill is very good for your rank, your game awareness is actually terrible. you're playing like a bot! but what does that really mean? it means you are shooting players, moving to point to contest, but you arent thinking about what the enemy team wants to do. who is isolated that you can quickly kill? They have an orisa shield in front of this angle, where can I go to get some pressure out as widow?

Things like this will greatly increase your skills and let you climb. also never stand still lol.
01/26/2018 02:58 AMPosted by ClAyMoRe

You weren't countered as Orisa, you were out of position 95% of the time.

It is low Silver game, I do not need reasons why it would not work in your rank, I have never seen my Orisa shield being eaten so fast in this low ranks, except when they have bastion , but that is whole different story, also , even though my shield positioning could have been better, it does not change fact that when they moved in, they destroy it like paper, please do not forget it, you can clearly see it, it does not matter where I would put it , they would get trough it in no time anyway.

It's a wrong to think being out of position changes at the lowest ranks for an easy target like Orisa. You are leaving yourself vulnerable and complaining when the enemy team acted on it for once.
I watched a bunch of them. Thanks, btw, for posting these.

Overall the games all looked pretty normal for silver. Players were inconsistent, ultimates were thrown with wild abandon, and reaction time/awareness was pretty low.

You aren't getting wrecked sometimes because the enemy team are a bunch of ringers but because those are the times you get punished for being out of position or not reacting effectively.

You made lots of boneheaded errors, but so did everyone else. If you identify these errors wherever possible and practiced you could likely reach gold in a week or so; you're definitely not hopeless at the game, and there's lots of low hanging fruit to improve your win rate.
If your playing at 1 am or later you’d going to get drastically different comp srs
At first, thanks to the OP to start the project. Many on the forum have requested someone doing this, and this is the first attempt ive seen.

The purpose of such a project should be to analyze the BEHAVIOUR of the MATCHMAKER and NOT of the PLAYER. In my opinion, this thread has filled with way too much gameplay analysis.

But let me suggest one thing: The most prominent issue with the MMR and Matchmaking system on this forum at this time are the FORCED STREAKS. So what we want to do is analyze when and how these happen.

This would require someone to post evidence of a player going on a streak (win or loss) and then show how the Matchmaker behaves over a series of games. The behaviour can be demonstrated by showing different key indicators, such as:

- the subject player's SR
- the subject player's win/loss ratio
- the teams' average SRs
- the subject player's SR gains/losses
- the team mates' individual win/loss ratios
- and so on

To the OP: If you are continuing this project, please update the opening post every time you post new videos with an overview list (or table) with how every game turned out. This way it is easier to see for everyone which games are interesting to look at (as evidence). People who want to research will probably not take the time to watch every single video patiently in hope to find what is interesting for them. Again, thank you so much for stepping up! I hope more people will follow you.
-
01/27/2018 02:52 AMPosted by Stue
At first, thanks to the OP to start the project. Many on the forum have requested someone doing this, and this is the first attempt ive seen.

The purpose of such a project should be to analyze the BEHAVIOUR of the MATCHMAKER and NOT of the PLAYER. In my opinion, this thread has filled with way too much gameplay analysis.

But let me suggest one thing: The most prominent issue with the MMR and Matchmaking system on this forum at this time are the FORCED STREAKS. So what we want to do is analyze when and how these happen.

This would require someone to post evidence of a player going on a streak (win or loss) and then show how the Matchmaker behaves over a series of games. The behaviour can be demonstrated by showing different key indicators, such as:

- the teams' average SRs
- and so on

To the OP: If you are continuing this project, please update the opening post every time you post new videos with an overview list (or table) with how every game turned out. This way it is easier to see for everyone which games are interesting to look at (as evidence). People who want to research will probably not take the time to watch every single video patiently in hope to find what is interesting for them. Again, thank you so much for stepping up! I hope more people will follow you.
-

Idk if I want to continue, most people at this thread will better waste their time telling me what could I have done to carry my team, rather then looking at games as whole, what I already did expect , but had hope that maybe it will not turn out like this and then they as you to give prof, like what are they expecting, that you will play like GM make almost no mistakes ,carry your team and still lose to make it valid prof of something.
I want to add that to many people her have to high thoughts about their rank games, Sorry to tell you this , but silver, gold games can be very similar, idk if it is because there are to many people with multiple accounts. or just because skill difference is not that huge, but I personally am getting just as bad players in gold as in silver, making same mistakes
01/27/2018 05:31 AMPosted by ClAyMoRe
01/27/2018 02:52 AMPosted by Stue

- the teams' average SRs
- and so on

-

Idk if I want to continue, most people at this thread will better waste their time telling me what could I have done to carry my team, rather then looking at games as whole, what I already did expect , but had hope that maybe it will not turn out like this and then they as you to give prof, like what are they expecting, that you will play like GM make almost no mistakes ,carry your team and still lose to make it valid prof of something.
I want to add that to many people her have to high thoughts about their rank games, Sorry to tell you this , but silver, gold games can be very similar, idk if it is because there are to many people with multiple accounts. or just because skill difference is not that huge, but I personally am getting just as bad players in gold as in silver, making same mistakes

I wouldn't take it too personally. It took a lot of guts to put up your gameplay, players don't usually open themselves up to that kind of criticism, not eve too themselves.

But that last point brings me to the problem with thinking the system is "rigged". It is not so much that the system is seeking to make you lose 50% of your games, it is that SR is by design made to group people with similar skill to make the fairest match. With two teams, one winning, one losing, the probability of winning a fair match is 1 out of 2, 50%. If you find yourself winning as much as losing, that is a result of being in your proper rank (downvotes incoming).

The point is that the criticism, while not what you wanted, is warranted. Are these things you noticed in your own play. Since you have the ability to record games do you ever go back and watch and see what you could have done better? The amount of feedback you got shows many instances of opportunities you didn't see or take advantage of that potentially could have swung the course of a match.

These type of opportunities present themselves more and more the lower in rank you are due to the lower overall skill of the player. At the low ranks there are many opportunities to exploit at any given time due to the knowledge, skill, reaction and awareness of players being lower.

A skilled player wins games by leveraging the weaknesses of their opponent. Poor accuracy can be taken advantage of. Poor team composition and be taken advantage of. Lack of awareness can be taken advantage of. This is what smurfs do. They aren't amazing at the game, but compared to the people in the matches they derank to artificially inject themselves in they essentially farm the inabilities of the teams they play against.

Is this an amazing basketball player?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roSwBPmlAbI

The answer is no. Overwatch is similar. A Diamond in Bronze looks amazing, a Diamond in Grand Masters is more like the little kids. Many pro players don't even want to play on ladder unless they stream because players on ladder are so beneath their skill level.

It's all relative, the game will ultimately place us all in games where we are surrounded by people of our skill level, and we will all tend to a 50% winrate when we get there; that's what the performance SR does. It is essentially a curve to group players by identifiers that mark them as "good".

The way it does this is flawed and biased, and pure win loss better reflects a players skill at a game, but the system is built more around fair matches than accurate rating. All of us will eventually stop climbing when we are in matches that we cannot individually impact.

You don't rank up indefinitely as a result of playing, you rank up as a result of improving individually. Even if you never improve, you'll find people in your match more similar to you, whether we admit it or not, more often than not.

If you win more than you lose and perform consistently well in comparison to your peers you will move up. Even if performance sr is removed, you will still need to win games and that comes from you individually being capable to outplay your opponents. Individual bad habits and lack of ability will still cost games, regardless of the system.
I am going to climb to about 1950 SR and will start my videos from there, lets see what funny comments I can get from there.
Okay so I got through a couple games, specifically 4 and 5. Decided to start with a win for context, then move on to a lose. I plan to watch a couple more before the weekend ends.

Game 4:

Now this is a really interesting game, because you got spawn camped for three minutes before turning it around and winning. One more lost fight, and you would have been spawn camped the entire attack. I guarantee people would say "clearly an example of broken match making". Yet your team won. This is really important, because people often don't realize how small of a difference is needed to go between "getting stomped" and winning. Thus, they often claim games that are actually close were unbalanced and rigged.

I know it's not the point of this post, but a few notes on your personal play.

• You actually have good aim and decent movement, you compensate for these skills with terrible game sense.
  • Why do you feel the need to suicide if you haven't died in 30 seconds? Wasn't a problem on defense, but on offense you ran into the enemy as both Junkrat and even Widow, just why?
  • If I saw someone swap heroes every life, I'd honestly think they were intentionally throwing. Do you know what ult economy is?
  • Basically, play smarter and you could definitely rank up. You have the basic skills.
  • Game 5:

Wow, I'm kind of surprised you posted this game. Now there were a couple of things out of your control that sucked. Moira's first death on defense was really dumb, and you had a player DC briefly.

On defense it wasn't too bad. You got snowballed a bit after losing the fight, and your team struggled to regroup. This is a common issue even in much higher ranks. The other team was established on cart with an ult advantage, and y'all couldn't break that. This very much includes yourself, who went in alone at times and threw out a Blizzard without any teammates around.

But some of your behavior wasn't just mistakes. Your continued, seemingly random, swaps. You emoting while you had teammates fighting, etc. It definitely made me raise my eyebrows. Then on offense, it looked like you dropped the pretense and started actually throwing. This is a game after a win-streak right? Why are you playing like someone who is pissed-off and tilted?

Literally right off the back, your teammates get 3 kills, Even faster than the enemy got 3 kills on your team when you were defending. What do you do as the only tank? Suicide charge into an Orisa and die. The next life you push up right to the enemy team even though your DPS were respawning (because they died without their tank). Maybe this was a legit mistake, total lack of awareness, but it gets you killed again.

Then you SWAP TO THE 4TH DPS ON YOUR TEAM. This was not a case of "my DPS weren't getting any kills eithers". The player named Chips and your Hanzo were getting plenty of kills, your team just had no backbone to push. When you got your ult as Reaper, you moved at the isolated enemy Widow, then moved away from her slightly before ulting and hitting no one. You literally stepped away from her, the only target, before hitting Q. What the hell?

I don't know what this is supposed to show about match making. Your teammates weren't perfect always, but played fine. A couple of them were actually really good, your hanzo threw his first dragon on attack after 40 seconds. That means he was chunking damage into the enemy team. By all accounts, this SHOULD have been a balanced fair match.

But you, specifically, threw the match. And not like "you're a bad player because you're low rank" threw, but like "this player is intentionally not trying to win" throw. it honestly pisses me off, that guy named Chips played well, he didn't deserve a loss.

I'll watch at least one more video of a loss, but if it looks like this one I think I'm done. I'm not going to sit and watch someone throw matches and post them as evidence about anything related to match making.
    Yo, Claymore!

I'm a three times master league Zenyatta main from the EU servers who is looking to improve as a coach/analysist by making vod reviews for anyone willing to improve!

It's important to reflect on the games we play in a slowed down setting to truely figure out where we can improve/benefit the most to up that winpercentage bit by bit. Since 1 out of three games we will lose no matter what we do, the other 1 you will win no matter what you do thanks to teammates or enemy throwing, and then the last 1 out of the three are games is where our own decision making actually can have a big impact on turning it into a win or loss. Anyway let's try to not solidify mistakes we have yet to spot in our plays by doing some reviewin 'n improvin!

You can see previously made vodreviews on my youtube channel here;
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Gulzath/videos
    Or if you are interested in submitting a vod where you yourself felt like you could've made a bigger impact without throwers/people way better then your own team, then feel free join my Discord here and I'll make a video for you going through what's most important to work on next;
    https://discord.gg/rtRhSqH
    Hope it helps! Have a good one, and glgl hfhf my man!
    Well, I watched game 5. And I can see why you got tilted. Your Moira's positioning was "interesting" to say the least. (Don't worry, people in gold still run ahead of shields. Heaven knows why).

So why bother tanking when your team don't use it?

And when you were getting good picks as Reaper you were probably tilted that your team was unable to follow up.

Basically your team mates were !@#$e. At least compared to what you see in pro matches and higher ratings. Thing is, you're in silver. You're not great either.

I'm in gold and I'll admit that I'm %^-*e. I watch back my vids of choice games and I'm horrified at the positioning errors that I make.

Here's a choice game summary where our start "wasn't the best" to say the least. But I'm mellow enough to carry on playing to the best of my ability, even though I was expecting an auto loss. (And was swearing like a boss into the microphone - as not in comms, just venting). Turns out that we managed to pull things around.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760927730#post-1

If I'm getting "no so great" team mates at gold, you're going to get shocking ones at silver, guaranteed.

Just do your best, try to take on board all the great advice given by other forum members and you should climb rapidly.
    subjective opinionated assessments based on small sample size? What could go wrong!
    01/27/2018 01:33 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
    Okay so I got through a couple games, specifically 4 and 5. Decided to start with a win for context, then move on to a lose. I plan to watch a couple more before the weekend ends.

Game 4:

Now this is a really interesting game, because you got spawn camped for three minutes before turning it around and winning. One more lost fight, and you would have been spawn camped the entire attack. I guarantee people would say "clearly an example of broken match making". Yet your team won. This is really important, because people often don't realize how small of a difference is needed to go between "getting stomped" and winning. Thus, they often claim games that are actually close were unbalanced and rigged.

I know it's not the point of this post, but a few notes on your personal play.

• You actually have good aim and decent movement, you compensate for these skills with terrible game sense.
  • Why do you feel the need to suicide if you haven't died in 30 seconds? Wasn't a problem on defense, but on offense you ran into the enemy as both Junkrat and even Widow, just why?
  • If I saw someone swap heroes every life, I'd honestly think they were intentionally throwing. Do you know what ult economy is?
  • Basically, play smarter and you could definitely rank up. You have the basic skills.
  • Game 5:

Wow, I'm kind of surprised you posted this game. Now there were a couple of things out of your control that sucked. Moira's first death on defense was really dumb, and you had a player DC briefly.

On defense it wasn't too bad. You got snowballed a bit after losing the fight, and your team struggled to regroup. This is a common issue even in much higher ranks. The other team was established on cart with an ult advantage, and y'all couldn't break that. This very much includes yourself, who went in alone at times and threw out a Blizzard without any teammates around.

But some of your behavior wasn't just mistakes. Your continued, seemingly random, swaps. You emoting while you had teammates fighting, etc. It definitely made me raise my eyebrows. Then on offense, it looked like you dropped the pretense and started actually throwing. This is a game after a win-streak right? Why are you playing like someone who is pissed-off and tilted?

Literally right off the back, your teammates get 3 kills, Even faster than the enemy got 3 kills on your team when you were defending. What do you do as the only tank? Suicide charge into an Orisa and die. The next life you push up right to the enemy team even though your DPS were respawning (because they died without their tank). Maybe this was a legit mistake, total lack of awareness, but it gets you killed again.

Then you SWAP TO THE 4TH DPS ON YOUR TEAM. This was not a case of "my DPS weren't getting any kills eithers". The player named Chips and your Hanzo were getting plenty of kills, your team just had no backbone to push. When you got your ult as Reaper, you moved at the isolated enemy Widow, then moved away from her slightly before ulting and hitting no one. You literally stepped away from her, the only target, before hitting Q. What the hell?

I don't know what this is supposed to show about match making. Your teammates weren't perfect always, but played fine. A couple of them were actually really good, your hanzo threw his first dragon on attack after 40 seconds. That means he was chunking damage into the enemy team. By all accounts, this SHOULD have been a balanced fair match.

But you, specifically, threw the match. And not like "you're a bad player because you're low rank" threw, but like "this player is intentionally not trying to win" throw. it honestly pisses me off, that guy named Chips played well, he didn't deserve a loss.
    I'll watch at least one more video of a loss, but if it looks like this one I think I'm done. I'm not going to sit and watch someone throw matches and post them as evidence about anything related to match making.

Game:4
    Of heroes I picked only junk had impactful ult at this situation, bastion ult would most likely fail, and my switch was what probably made their defences to crumble .
    Game:5
    There were 4 teammates that were just standing in distance and did not come to help against only 2 guys , I explained why I threw it in post before,my swaps were not random ,I explained then in post before as well, except widow which was more like last resort
    There was no player name Chips on my team, so not sure what you are referring to, my team did not die because of me,even though my rush was kinda stupid , because we had only junk in close combat, Junk that each and every time run alone suicide and died, first time he got lucky and got 2 kills , but after that he not only died himself, but also took mercy with him , after which he quit, after he quite there was really no need for me to stay tank as all my team consisted of snipers and we were 5 vs 6 which was pretty much lost.
    Closer I get to Gold , more I realise that skill difference in these ranks is almost non existing.
    K I have reached 1962 SR and I am going to start my videos again, have fun discussing how bad I am and deserve low Silver rank
    Best tip for you. Play quick play. It is more competitive than <2500 ranked. Trust me on this one. You are not going to learn anything from the other silver/bronze players.
    01/28/2018 04:47 AMPosted by ClAyMoRe
    Game:5
    There were 4 teammates that were just standing in distance and did not come to help against only 2 guys , I explained why I threw it in post before,my swaps were not random ,I explained then in post before as well, except widow which was more like last resort
    There was no player name Chips on my team, so not sure what you are referring to, my team did not die because of me,even though my rush was kinda stupid , because we had only junk in close combat, Junk that each and every time run alone suicide and died, first time he got lucky and got 2 kills , but after that he not only died himself, but also took mercy with him , after which he quit, after he quite there was really no need for me to stay tank as all my team consisted of snipers and we were 5 vs 6 which was pretty much lost.

Sorry I meant Chris. Watching league I think I got names mixed up with Chipshaven. Anyway...

• You were 5v6 for all of 20 seconds before your teammate rejoined
  • Your teammates were getting plenty of kills, should have been an easy first point (had the tank not suicided and swapped)
  • Your team could have easily matched their performance, gotten the cart and pushed it to the end. You literally threw an even game.
  • Even with the 4th DPS reaper swap, you could have taken that first point easy if you ulted after one of the multiple times your teammates got kills. Could have brought the enemy team down to 2 people so easily.
  • Game 6:

Basically all that matters is the offense. First off, I'd strongly recommend not selecting tank only to swap off onto DPS. I'm not saying you HAVE to tank, but you should at least make it obvious if you aren't going to.

There were two fights that were really close, with many ultimates used and kills gotten on both sides. From what I can tell, the match looked pretty close. The interesting part is that in both fights, you had zero impact.

Fight 1 - You were on Widow. You had a good pick on Orisa before hand, which is respectable. You then proceed to walk through the choke and feed for some reason, instead of using the enemies lack of shields to snipe them. This burns up one of your teams rezzes, after which you proceed to do nothing until the fight is over. Despite your teammates getting several kills, they are fighting with 5, and wasted one of their rezzes for no gain, so they lose.

Fight 2 - You were on Mei. Again, you got a pick before hand on Genji. Then you walk up to the high ground and start sniping with right clicks from far away doing tickle damage. Despite your non-involvement, your team gets several kills and would have won until the enemy D.Va got a 4 man bomb. Now you spun around, so I can't see what happened. Was it a good bomb? Lucky bomb? Were your teammates dumb? Who knows.

What's funny though is Mei can actually block D.Va bomb. Had you been involved in the fight and just saved 2 teammates, you were have almost assuredly gotten the point.

From a match making perspective, it looked even. Both teams traded kills very closely. The enemy just barely saved themselves on defense.

Perhaps some players have a misconception that if they get a pick, they've done their job as a DPS. That's not true. If you get a pick and then do nothing, you've just created an even fight, 5v5. Think about it, your supports are not trying to kill enemies.A DPS is responsible for two picks in a fight.

In my mind, this game looked very similar to Game 5 in terms of match making. You had two very close teams trading kills, and in both cases the enemy team barely held out.

Game 5 you threw intentionally. It didn't look like that in Game 6, but in either case you had almost no impact. When your team was getting kills and had the opportunity to win the fight, you didn't do anything.

I can't say you'd win the match, who knows how the games would have played out, but both games were absolutely within your power to secure the first point your team failed to take. They key point here is you didn't need to "carry" in either case. Your teammates in both cases got multiple kills with basically no help from you.

My final opinion: These videos are evidence the match maker balances well, and your loss streak was due to your own play.