After trying the Mercy nerf...nope.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
See you in plat bruh

LuL
It wasn’t irrational, she was a must pick every game. If you’re team didn’t pick her and the opposing team did, it was GG. Do you think it’s fair to force players to choose Mercy every game?

The playerbase will just have to get used to it. Just like they got used to the Ana nerfs, remember when tank meta was running amuck?

Maybe now players will actually stay safe instead of dying instantly and yelling at Mercy players to Rez them.

Anyone who felt "forced" to play any hero at any time was the architect of their own misery. Get real dude.
I agree that valkyrie now has almost no ability on affect the game.

At low levels people are disorganized, so hardly any chain healing happens, and they are unlikely to get the needed picks because of your damage boost in the smaller window of time

At nigher levels people focus down targets. A discorded person who is being focused is going to get popped just as fast as if you weren't using valkyrie, and at best the next person they focus down might be a bit more topped up because of the chain healing. A lot of good that'll do him when the team is now down a man and it will only take a second or two to pop him as well because you alt isn't doing anything.

Any out of place rez is a suicide mission

Valkyrie might now be the lest impactful ultimate in the game now
01/30/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Ph4yte
01/30/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Yamamoto61
just checked all the dudes who cheer because she's nerfed , you guys play less than 3 hours with mercy on all mode so i'm taking your opinion as those who mad at her because you just not good enough to counter a team with her in it . lets say they nerf Genji that he can no longer reset dash when he kill some1 , see how you react to that

plus i honestly dont understand the nerf this time , each hero ultimate should be a game-changing move . i dont see much of game-changing in current mercy ult , mass-healing ult can be easily replaced with Zen .

Im cheering that she was nerfed because she needed it. Also Genji is fine

And many people thought Mercy was fine.

inb4 "Well they're wrong and I'm right."
Let's all calm down a bit ^^. The Mercy nerfs were needed, indeed. And I think it's a bit too early to say if she's useless now. Let's just play with the changes for a few weeks /months and we'll see. I mean, I just lost one and won one Game with her at a GM niveau so it can't be that bad.
It's important tho, that Mercy stays a lil' underpowered for a while to make people less toxic about her.
01/30/2018 12:51 PMPosted by MERCY
Let's all calm down a bit ^^. The Mercy nerfs were needed, indeed. And I think it's a bit too early to say if she's useless now. Let's just play with the changes for a few weeks /months and we'll see. I mean, I just lost one and won one Game with her at a GM niveau so it can't be that bad.
It's important tho, that Mercy stays a lil' underpowered for a while to make people less toxic about her.

It really is a damning indictment of this game's playerbase that a hero has to spend some time being underpowered for people to calm the heck down about them.
These changes are too much.

They could have started by removing the second rez charge and keep everything else the way it was.

Perhaps remove the multi healing/boosting component of Valk and return her to single target healing.
This would force Mercy to prioritize even more.

I'm a Mercy main too and played several matches today.
Too early to tell though if i won't be able to adapt to this.
Have had to do it several times now so we'll see.

But now that Mercy and Junkrat have been nerfed, when is Hanzo and his one shot ability up?
I'm going to laydown some facts to you people when mercy was the only support that was played for seven months straight and no other support was played her pickrate was above 80% and the five-man rez was a Band-Aid for poor game sense, there was something that needed to be done.

Now I have been here for five years that's right 4 Beta years 1 live I have played mercy and other supports but the one that made me more and more regret playing competitive was mercy because having one support constantly dominate the support bracket was annoying enough, I played a lot of mercy In almost every placement match I've played, I have won every game with those mercy games also it's a little annoying when you have a bad player on your team and you waste that Rez on that player that has no game sense The Band-Aid needs to be ripped off with the new changes we will see other supports as the game is intended.

We do not need mercy dominating the support bracket I know I'm going to get a !@#$ ton of down votes and a lot of mercy mains mad at me but to be honest none of you know what needs to be done in the game you all just want that Band-Aid back.

I'm sorry but it's time to learn a new support or get better with what she has now, you can cry you can whine but it needed to be done if it didn't the game wouldn't progress forward we'd be stuck and people would've left the game of overwatch as you know it today would be boring and bland with 5 man Rez you can try to say it wouldn't but I have the facts and numbers to show that this needed to happen so stop attacking the blizzard overwatch team.

Someone stated if the pick rate goes below a certain percentage they will try to fix it but she needs to be in-line with other supports she can't be the only one that is ruling this bracket it's time to stop and learn the game and every hero has a skill ceiling and mercy had little to no skill ceiling now she will so to those That said your top 500 it's time to prove it with skill I believe in you as you believe in yourself.
01/30/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Cozy
This "if your team has no Mercy you lose" arguement is SO anecdotal and false. I have won games where the opposing team had a Mercy and we didnt.

It's not anecdotal nor is it false. It's blatantly obvious when even in the highest tiers of play, people are switching off their best heroes (other supports) to Mercy who they despise playing because otherwise the game is lost.

But it's actually hilarious that you call my claim anecdotal and then proceed to use ultimate anecdotal evidence yourself.

Yes, no Mercy vs Mercy games can be won. 1 in every 10-15 games when the MM system badly matches you and the enemy team is playing like they are several ranks below you. But most of the time, MM will work fine and what I described will actually be the case - no Mercy vs Mercy = no Mercy loses. You can occasionally win with 6 meme DPS versus a balanced composition. Because the MMer messed up and gave you a wildly unbalanced matchup where the enemy is simply an order of magnitude poorer than your team in terms of skill.

You know, whether they have one of not she can still be killed right?

Harder than any other support even without Valkyrie. And in Valkyrie she is essentially untouchable unless you use ultimates but even then, a good Mercy can dodge it 9 out of 10 times.
just checked all the dudes who cheer because she's nerfed , you guys play less than 3 hours with mercy on all mode so i'm taking your opinion as those who mad at her because you just not good enough to counter a team with her in it . lets say they nerf Genji that he can no longer reset dash when he kill some1 , see how you react to that

plus i honestly dont understand the nerf this time , each hero ultimate should be a game-changing move . i dont see much of game-changing in current mercy ult , mass-healing ult can be easily replaced with Zen .

No other ult resurrects players from the dead before their designated respawn time.
No other ult undoes the “game changing” effect of another ult
No other ult punishes players for using timing and coordination by undoing a part of that either.

There’s game changing and game breaking and what you Mercy mains want is game breaking.
01/30/2018 01:00 PMPosted by FIDELIS0311

No other ult resurrects players from the dead before their designated respawn time.
No other ult punishes players for using timing and coordination by undoing a part of that either.

There’s game changing and game breaking and what you Mercy mains want is game breaking.

No other ult can negate a grav -- nerf zen.

No other ult can setup a teleport -- nerf sym.
01/30/2018 12:50 PMPosted by MerlinBrando
It wasn’t irrational, she was a must pick every game. If you’re team didn’t pick her and the opposing team did, it was GG. Do you think it’s fair to force players to choose Mercy every game?

The playerbase will just have to get used to it. Just like they got used to the Ana nerfs, remember when tank meta was running amuck?

Maybe now players will actually stay safe instead of dying instantly and yelling at Mercy players to Rez them.

Anyone who felt "forced" to play any hero at any time was the architect of their own misery. Get real dude.

You don’t think support players were being forced to pick Mercy? Are you playing the same game I am?

You’re a Mercy main with over 150+ hours played i her. Explains why you never saw any complaints in comp games. People that picked any support other than Mercy were !@#$%ed at until she was finally picked. You have no clue because you picked her every game and we’re fine with it.
01/30/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Zenn3k
You mean EVERY fight will no longer be determined by you being able to rez half the team?

Hurray!

Half the team... what half are you talking about? 2 rezes don't equal half the team in a 6 man team, where are you getting your math? Are your blind?
Now she is lucky to even pull off a single rez during a big team fight.
Sure they made mercy's ult 15 sec, take away 5 sec to res anyone, she essentially has a 10 sec ult now.
She's still broken tbh
01/30/2018 12:50 PMPosted by MerlinBrando

You don’t think support players were being forced to pick Mercy? Are you playing the same game I am?

Well, Mercy players mostly have skewed vision about that because they are always on the team that has Mercy.
01/30/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Direwolf20
01/30/2018 01:00 PMPosted by FIDELIS0311

No other ult can negate a grav -- nerf zen.

No other ult can setup a teleport -- nerf sym.

Yea why aren't they nerfing sym, she is the only char in the game with a proper rez now... and mind you that is 5 people she can res, not the "maybe" one that mercy currently has
01/30/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Karo
01/30/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Pagy
given how many people are desperate and can't aim, the mercy mains out there are going to be very upset.

to those people i say: don't play only one character. learn to aim and try all the heroes.

"Mercy is unkillable during Valk!"

I lol'd.

Shame they killed her. Whether she's useful or not now is debatable, but she's definitely the most boring and brain-dead one to play.

01/30/2018 12:55 PMPosted by BetelGeuse
I'm going to laydown some facts to you people when mercy was the only support that was played for seven months straight and no other support was played her pickrate was above 80% and the five-man rez was a Band-Aid for poor game sense, there was something that needed to be done.

[/quote]

Facts. I would probably have around a 100 hours on her, 99 of which would be 1.0. I had 6 five-man resurrects in total. Six. You also "forgot" to mention she was considered to be a "Troll pick" for quite some time ...
01/30/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Direwolf20
Mercy main, around top 500, not that it matters.

I've just tried the nerf out in Comp. I think we can all agree she needed to be a less frequently picked hero, but this....this is too much. By far.

My ultimate no longer has any impact on the fights. Res'ing during Valk is now a huge liability that I just can't risk. You can call Valk a preemptive ult, but frankly, its easy to out damage my chain healing. Flight speed is much slower now, making it even easier to kill me while Valk'ing. And as a healer, i'm still a priority target.

Ultimately, Valk is a weaker version of Zen's ult that does less healing, and leaves me very vulnerable, albeit the ult lasts longer.

Frankly, I feel like I have zero impact on the fights with my ultimate ability. I'll keep trying to adjust to these changes, but my opinion so far (as a mercy main) is that this was far too strong of a nerf.

Any one of these changes is a big nerf, but combine the 4 of them together? Anyone who thinks this was warranted is just sick of seeing mercy so frequently picked. I agree with you. But this was way, way too far.

Preach. Everything I wanted to post was already done for me.
I will just like to say i personally belive rez shouldnt be in the game in the first place, being the game has pretty small map designs (i.e corridor syndrome etc etc) rounds tend to be pretty short (yes I know there is outliers in this case) and its 6v6.

There is a reason why Valve will never add Medics resurection from Mann. vs Machine, because it would be an overpowered nightmare.

The problem is less the constant nerfs but the way blizzard is balacing, that is balacingg around 1 single part of a heros kit (Mercy rez Symmetra beam (thats the part holding her back) roadhog hook, you get the idea) if the game was balanced around all parts of a kit and not just primary usage there might be a bit more thought.... but i expect to get down voted for this both because I am a sub platnium (who supposedly doesn’t know what I am saying) and somewhat low hours on heros... I just figured i’d say this.