[Megathread] on Bastion's Current Situation

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
01/24/2018 09:10 PMPosted by ArcticGator
What do you think about giving bastion a short cc immunity ability for his e ability? It would be like orisa's fortify except much shorter and without the damage resistance. I think this would help him against the tanks, which he's supposed to counter anyway.
Tank cc abilities affected:
Orisa: Halt
Rein: Charge, Earthshatter
Roadhog: Hook, Whole Hog
Zarya: Graviton Surge
D.va: Thrusters, Call Mech, Self Destruct

Non-tank cc abilities would also be affected, like sleep dart and flashbang, but what do you think?

I don't think it would really be worth it as an entire ability seeing as it would need perfect timing to counter these CC abilities and there's usually more than one CC to face anyway.
01/25/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Waveform
01/24/2018 09:10 PMPosted by ArcticGator
What do you think about giving bastion a short cc immunity ability for his e ability? It would be like orisa's fortify except much shorter and without the damage resistance. I think this would help him against the tanks, which he's supposed to counter anyway.
Tank cc abilities affected:
Orisa: Halt
Rein: Charge, Earthshatter
Roadhog: Hook, Whole Hog
Zarya: Graviton Surge
D.va: Thrusters, Call Mech, Self Destruct

Non-tank cc abilities would also be affected, like sleep dart and flashbang, but what do you think?

I don't think it would really be worth it as an entire ability seeing as it would need perfect timing to counter these CC abilities and there's usually more than one CC to face anyway.
If this were a thing People would immediately go crazy because "there would be no counters"
Bump, I really don't want this to die. Bastion threads hardly ever get off the ground while other F tier heroes have their threads build up fairly easily.
I don't think there's enough people who care about Bastion :P The other F tier heroes have a huge group behind them but there's almost no-one for Bastion. :(
02/12/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Terranguard
I don't think there's enough people who care about Bastion :P The other F tier heroes have a huge group behind them but there's almost no-one for Bastion. :(
I'll try to keep it alive with you :( It really sucks that Bastion is just so hated by the community.
FIGHT FOR BASTION!
Saw this thread and thought I'd help you keep it going. Had my own ideas for Bastion here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761946324#1

#FightForBastion
I support bastion, Terran.FIGHT FOR BASTION
I love these ideas! really unique, great thread :)
I love bastion, and I and really like the idea of a mini tank mode, if anything it'd let me rocket jump to where I need to be alot quicker.
02/17/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Zoozoo
I love bastion, and I and really like the idea of a mini tank mode, if anything it'd let me rocket jump to where I need to be alot quicker.

In place of his ultimate? or in addition?

In addition I think would be busted honestly, but an ability or mechanic that allowed that kind of jumping would be interesting... would let him get to a lot of neat set up spots.
02/17/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Ŋuclear

In addition I think would be busted honestly, but an ability or mechanic that allowed that kind of jumping would be interesting... would let him get to a lot of neat set up spots.

You can already rocket jump with his current ult, in fact its the most consistent way for you to actually hit his tank shells, sometimes I'll just tank mode to jump onto a ledge I can't normally get to. and In place of his ult.
02/17/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Zoozoo
You can already rocket jump with his current ult

Yeah I knew that, I was thinking of while in Recon mode... Like some kind of Iron Giant boosters under his feet to get him airborne slightly more than a normal jump does.
No hero should be made fun of/hated- that just shows bad design
I recently posted a threat about this. I'm very surprised the devs haven't addressed him along with all the other F tier heroes. Does that mean they think he's fine, or does it just mean he won't be getting changes as soon as the others?

I don't play Bastion, but I really hope they can finally get him right.
02/17/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Aycers1
No hero should be made fun of/hated- that just shows bad design

I think it's more indicative of a lack of understanding from the players. Especially with heroes like Mei, Bastion, Symmetra, and Torbjorn.
02/17/2018 09:21 PMPosted by PabloPenguin
I'm very surprised the devs haven't addressed him along with all the other F tier heroes.

Some of those heroes, namely Mei, Sombra, and Doomfist, are being worked on right now on PTR. And there's been talks of making changes to Symmetra and Torbjorn as well possibly in the near-ish future.

But as of yet, nothing on Bastion. Perhaps he'll be discussed once they get through with this next batch of changes.
Hello Bastion mains and Bastion frequents, Symmetra main here to say I bookmarked this thread and want to help y'all out. Now that I know my girl Sym is being looked at by the dev team, I want to help raise attention for other heroes, so I'll bump this thread every now and then. Good luck fellow off metas
Not sure if it's already been said, but:

Buff Bastion's recon mode! Make him a more effective DPS against the current meta!
02/17/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Polyrhythm
Hello Bastion mains and Bastion frequents, Symmetra main here to say I bookmarked this thread and want to help y'all out. Now that I know my girl Sym is being looked at by the dev team, I want to help raise attention for other heroes, so I'll bump this thread every now and then. Good luck fellow off metas

:D Your support is greatly appreciated and more than welcome! Best wishes with the changes you'll be receiving!