Just a thought...

General Discussion
Hello pals !

I was just wondering, instead of asking for nerfs to tracer and genji, or asking blizzard to add a hard counter to them, what about buff sombra for her hack not being interrupted when under fire ?

Just a thought as I am not a fan of nerf, I would rather buff heroes instead...
Because that would make heroes based on abilities, like Doomfist, useless and they would not have anyway to stop it.
I feel like that would be OP
01/22/2018 01:52 AMPosted by PaPa
Because that would make heroes based on abilities, like Doomfist, useless and they would not have anyway to stop it.

Isn’t that her purpose ? Disable heroes abilities ?
I'm with you there concerning the "buff instead of nerf" mentality. I don't think Tracer should be nerfed or buffed because she's working well as the benchmark for all the balancing (pretty much zero changes since release), as intended by the devs. Genji has had some changes but he's still a regular pick. To me as a potato aim Mercy, I feel like they are in a good place as they got a high skill ceiling, meaning that someone who masters them can legit carry a team.

Concerning Sombra... at least from my experience, I feel she's pretty strong right now.
01/22/2018 01:54 AMPosted by SneakyTurtle
I feel like that would be OP

The way op has it, yeah realistically it should take X amount of damage before its interrupted to counter the spam bullets that arent aimed at you. Melee damage would be enough so theres still counter play.
Let’s set a threshold that could be 30 damages ? It is frustrating to have it broken because one lost bullet reach you... (same way it is for stealth in the spam meta)
I rather there is a dps threshold for her hack instead of a straight up uninterruptable hack.
The outcome is not clear in my mind (and have no authority to make Blizzard to apply them anyway...) but the point is if people complain about tracer and genji mobility, let’s buff the one who is by design, an anti-ability hero !
They tried that before she got released. They hinted that she was obnoxiously OP and as a Sombra player i can see why that is. Imo what Sombra needs is more hack reward, not making her easier to play.
Both Genji and Tracer would still be able to blink/swift strike away out of range, so it would mostly affect characters without movement abilities. So while I would be fine with a general buff that gave Sombra's hack a damage cap (like, damage below 30 does not cancel it) I doubt it would really cause either Tracer or Genji any concern at all.
01/22/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Ashram
Hello pals !

I was just wondering, instead of asking for nerfs to tracer and genji, or asking blizzard to add a hard counter to them, what about buff sombra for her hack not being interrupted when under fire ?

true but the deflect is kinda the only genji thing as for tracer couldn't be more right
While i agree that elevating other dps to Tracer's level is preferable to nerfs, a buff to Sombra's Hack would hurt certain heroes that are already struggling much more than Tracer (or Genji). Effectively making Sombra viable at the expense of heroes like Doomfist.

Can't we just make her gun less...awful?
01/22/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Fruitslayer
While i agree that elevating other dps to Tracer's level is preferable to nerfs, a buff to Sombra's Hack would hurt certain heroes that are already struggling much more than Tracer (or Genji). Effectively making Sombra viable at the expense of heroes like Doomfist.

The point of this thread is not how to solely buff sombra, it is what could we propose to counter / reduce effectiveness and « all mightyness » of tracer and genji without nerfing them
01/22/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Ashram
Hello pals !

Nah they should give it a thresh-hold. Like, she must take at minimum 10 damage to cancel it. Most heroes can do that instantly, but it'd stop cross-map D.va fire or a single reaper pellet from down-town from stopping her hack.

They should make sombras hack and Meis left click cripple. Cripple would disable movement abilities. Sombras would cripple while the pre-animation is going off disallowing movement based abilities during the hack. Mei's left click would apply a cripple for .2 seconds per hit, meaning she'd have to stay accurate or they can still get out of it.
Not being able to cancel Hack at all would be busted. A damage threshold would be fine, though.
01/22/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Skrimiche
Not being able to cancel Hack at all would be busted. A damage threshold would be fine, though.

Like i said, the proposition can be tweaked, and a threshold is ok, i was just wondering community’s thoughts about that possibility
But then the sombra can just hack the enemy rein with no real effort at all. Smart sombras dont need that buff in order to be good.

I dont know, a damage threshold sounds a bit odd in my opinion.
01/22/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Ethereal
But then the sombra can just hack the enemy rein with no real effort at all. Smart sombras dont need that buff in order to be good.

I dont know, a damage threshold sounds a bit odd in my opinion.

It would be (with a threshold) the same situation as the one we currently have. Even if there were no threshold you usually not hack a Reinhardt at point blank! :)
01/22/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Ashram
01/22/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Fruitslayer

The point of this thread is not how to solely buff sombra, it is what could we propose to counter / reduce effectiveness and « all mightyness » of tracer and genji without nerfing them

I realize that.

I just think Sombra should be allowed to better capitalize on her advantage over Tracer, make her an actual counter like Widow vs Pharah.

For Genji, i'd be looking at Doomfist. The bug fixes might just be enough but i feel like a more forgiving Rocket Punch hitbox to deal with forgiving hitboxes: the hero would be more than fair.