How is S8 going for you?

Competitive Discussion
I'v had better seasons, 1/2 games have 1 or more leavers or throwers. It's really annoying
Generally not too good, dropped from 2250 to 2050. I'll try a bit of comp tonight but might end up dropping that even lower.

Just gotta keep working on myself. I'm working on Winston for after the Mercy changes hit.
01/22/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Deadwing
And 95% of Moira players I see just try to put out damage through purple orbs instead of focusing on healing their team mates.

Yeah, they have to do damage to heal. l2moira
Aweful

I think without even exagerating about 2-3% of my games have people who talk. Deranked form mid gold to low silver. Close to giviong up on the game for a couple of months and just come back next season.

If i drop any lower i'm just gonna stop trying and play who the hell I want... everyone else seams to be.
as every season goes, comp score only goes down

i guess i suck?
Pretty good. Got Masters on PC for the first time, and am hovering around there now, though time will tell if I can get much further up as I play more. I've encountered some super salty teammates but for the most part positive throughout Diamond, with relatively few people upset at comp decisions other than not having Mercy (and even when missing the meta queen it's 50/50 odds people are upset). Even encountered some great people to play with both in terms of comms and skill; kind of regretting not adding some of them. Got to play DPS occasionally even if I'm more often tanking/healing. Had relatively few games where my team got blown out, plenty of close games and big comebacks, and more than a few crushing victories.
Playing flex on all 3 account has me seeing a 1000 SR gap between accounts. The system is !@#$. You can have the best 3 games of overwatch you have ever had and come up -60SR and %^-* all to show for your time. A !@#$ty game where you try to get better and fall.
This has by far been the most toxic season. I have had more throwers and toxic team mates than in any other season to date. I was in plat though which may explain it.
01/22/2018 12:53 PMPosted by prophet
And 95% of Moira players I see just try to put out damage through purple orbs instead of focusing on healing their team mates.

Yeah, they have to do damage to heal. l2moira

I get that. But healing orbs + RMB (which includes LMB eventually) > damage orbs + LMB
Bad as i just got past placements

1 loss 9 wins

With actually trying to kill the enemy players when getting the change. As healers and tanks

1009 even further away from silver then i ever been

Bronze ever since season 3 -_-
I haven't been able to play much this season....at least as much as I want, adulting sucks.

I have 3 accounts all around 2600-2900. On one account I am trying to play heals only (prefer Zen/Moira, but I'll play whatever healer I think we need), on another I play tank only (dva, hog mostly), and dps on another (genji/tracer mostly). I am logging all of my game results/stats into an excel sheet to see how I do over the season and average sr gains/losses per type, etc etc. At the end of the season I want to see what I can play best to climb with, and possibly publish them for everyone to see and give a good idea or SR gains/losses. Sounds cheesy and make, but I don't care haha.

So far I have close to 20 games on this account and close to a 70% win rate on Zen. Tank account I have 10-12 games I think and 60% win rate on dva and dps account is 10-12 games and like 70% win rate on tracer.

Ideally I want to do 10 games on one account then go to another and do 10 games, rinse and repeat. But sometimes I'll get tired of 1 role and swap to a different account.

I'm sure some people will say something about me sticking to 1 toon a game and locking certain roles, but I really do try my best every game.
Honestly I feel this season has been great for me. I finally hit master for the first time and most of my games are really competitive. At some point I was #40 genji in my region but as of right no #94 due to me dropping a little bit. (Like 70 sr) Hopefully, by the end of the season, I can comfortably hang around mid masters and hover around 3650-3700 instead of 3500-3550. :)
Honestly I feel this season has been great for me. I finally hit master for the first time and most of my games are really competitive. At some point I was #40 genji in my region but as of right no #94 due to me dropping a little bit. (Like 70 sr) Hopefully, by the end of the season, I can comfortably hang around mid masters and hover around 3650-3700 instead of 3500-3550. :)
!@#$ing throwers and hackers best season yet

Blizzard..
Masters has been fairly balanced games so far.

Been mostly playing to keep rank, but still on an upward trajectory. Taking a minimalist break before returning.

Doing some Ironman on Xcom2 WoTC.

Mercy players are already hesitating to pick her and getting mentally prepared for a massive nerf. Ana is way too hard to play. Lucio won't do the trick of the team's reckless. Zen requires a certain amount of skill, awareness and positioning that low elo players don't usually have. And 95% of Moira players I see just try to put out damage through purple orbs instead of focusing on healing their team mates.

Wow, it's almost as if it takes skill to play heroes effectively and get out of low elo. It's not a flaw if bad players who lack skill and gamesense play noticeably worse than good players. That's what skill based matchmaking is for.

None of the supports got any major nerfs in s8 yet, and mercy's couple of nerfs in s7 had basically zero impact on the meta. Her winrate basically stayed the same after the rez cast time was added and the double valk charge was removed in s7.

Next nerf will be significant but Mercy is still going to be a popular and effective choice in low elo due to how easy it is to heal a lot compared to the other supports. Valk is still gonna be better than coalescence or nano most of the time.
Going well for me. I placed in low platinum on this account, have beat my career high (2650ish). Hovering around 2500-2600 so far. My goal this season is to stay in platinum. I main tanks and support on this account as I know that I cannot DPS at a plat level at the moment.
On my other account (DPS and off tanks), I placed low silver and have now climbed into gold playing DVa and Tracer mainly, occasionally Reaper and Soldier if need be. I do play support if the team needs it, but I prefer not to as I am trying to improve DPS skills. My other account is
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/Wobbles-11774
I just had a 4 stack of school kids all go support "cause it's so funny". So yeah, not great
I bet it's fun to be carried...

Then one day you log on to overwatch and solo queue only to find out you can't even stay in masters...
i always played on xbox one... A while ago i started on ps4....

I got myself up to level 75... So people would not yell that im too low of a level .... But my first placement... i played moira becuz no one else was even willing to heal.... Im just not good with mercy.. but i want to help so moira it was..

After round one, a kiddo started to yell in the mic that i might as well should leave the game if i dont heal enough or he would report me for throwing..He was Genji en died non stop.. I understand why he needed healing all the time ;)

Then i tried a second placement.... Also no healers so i got Zen... Same shtty story..
And im done allready with comp.... I dont mind to fill in, when the other team has 2 healers.. I mean no one wants to heal, but everyone yells "we need a healer" pfff

So no... this season allready is Sh#t... Same as season 7-6-5-4-3-2