I'm done with Overwatch till they fix leavers

Competitive Discussion
Ive climbed over 700 rank in a few days and 95% of my loses are people just leaving the game and leaving us in a 4 or 5v6 ... and because one person dc's the rest of us 5 have to lose 25 SR ... this is beyond a joke.

While i enjoyed playing this game I do not feel like I should have to lose SR due to someone on the other side of the country not being able to hold a connection. The poeople that have decent connections are being punished.

You should lose no SR if someone leaves your team ... this cannot be abused because you will be banned if you do it a few times ... the person that dc's should lose w/e SR they would have lost plus a 25 sr penalty, but the team they are with at the moment all lose 25 SR even if you were winning the entire match untill you had a leaver.

If you que as a group and someone leaves the group you qued with you should lose SR not the people that solo qued ... if you que solo you should in no way be punished for someone else dc'ing from the game that the blizzard matchmaking put you with .. I cannot chose who i am matched with yet I am punished if one of them DC's ... this is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life.

I don't mind losing because the other team was better or more coordinated ... but I do mind losing to blizzard match making putting me with people that DC every other game ...

This 100% needs to be fixed ... how can SR possibly be an accurate representation of skill if you can lose any match at any time because someone dc's ??... and this is not really a game that you can go 5v6 and really get anywhere.
Am done with competitive as well until they remove 6v6 and put 3v3 and 4v4 will be so much better tons of leavers, throwers during season 8 am just tired of not getting a good group at all. Then you have players taking other people main hero in game and doing, so bad refuse to give that player his, or her hero back I can't stress this enough...
01/25/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Loki
this cannot be abused because you will be banned if you do it a few times

That's because you're thinking it's just one person. I'm sure the leavers in your games are different people each time so even if each individual was banned after a single game, you would not have noticed the difference.
why do ppl always think that ppl left their game... often its just a DC !°
01/25/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Magnus
01/25/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Loki
this cannot be abused because you will be banned if you do it a few times

That's because you're thinking it's just one person. I'm sure the leavers in your games are different people each time so even if each individual was banned after a single game, you would not have noticed the difference.

Literally had a guy the other night DC mid match, then had him again and thankfully he DC'ed before the match began this time, then later on in the night got matched against him and he DC'ed mid match again. It's not impossible.
I don't understand the SR system. I win a game I only get about 20-25 SR. Lose a game with a leaver or someone just throwing I lose 30-40 SR...how does that even make sense?
It's putting you on a winning streak. For instance, in season 7, at one point I had ~2 hours on Roadhog, and a 74% winrate.

Now, after a bit more improvement, I have a ~50% + winrate on him.
01/26/2018 03:49 AMPosted by DrinkyCrow
I don't understand the SR system. I win a game I only get about 20-25 SR. Lose a game with a leaver or someone just throwing I lose 30-40 SR...how does that even make sense?

You lost a game you shouldn't have. In the eyes of the matchmaker. You didn't perform better than people in your bracket, on your character(s), to reduce the loss. If you out preform on characters, in your bracket. You can reduce your loses on any game. Even in a 5VS6 situation. Of course limited below Diamond Rank.
01/26/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Hulkie
01/26/2018 03:49 AMPosted by DrinkyCrow

You lost a game you shouldn't have. In the eyes of the matchmaker. You didn't perform better than people in your bracket, on your character(s), to reduce the loss. If you out preform on characters, in your bracket. You can reduce your loses on any game. Even in a 5VS6 situation. Of course limited below Diamond Rank.

Theoretically, yeah, but realistically not likely. That game in particular we had a torb sit in spawn and provide what amounts to as licking windows, then our dps just stopped all together because of the why bother at this point mentality. I was healing so how do I pump those numbers up in that situation?

Literally, because 1 guy was throwing our entire team just crumbled and gave up. Like some began to feed others just started jumping off the map. Point is something of that nature and to that degree I have little control over, yet get punished heavily for it. It's just frustrating and it happens far to often.
Blizzard should just make it to where if you leave a match early no one else loses sr and the leaver loses the sr that the team in whole would of lost. So for example say the loss was going to make you lose 120 sr total, 20 from each player, then the leaver should lose all 120 and everyone else should stay the same. If people were to start losing a rank every 2 leaves I bet they would stop leaving games real quick.