Mercy mains be like

General Discussion
Forum Moderator Note: We welcome constructive feedback on the forums, but we ask that you avoid the kind of negativity displayed here. Toxicity in all forms will result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges.
Well you all hate one-tricks after all...
It's the beauty of the current matchmaking, sometimes you'll play a game with 3 mercy mains, sometimes you'll have no healer main, and more. Fun times.
It'll be better once Mercy is nerfed, because then any healer can be viable. Right now you have to have someone who plays Mercy specifically. And loads of people hate Mercy's playstyle and refuse to play her.
01/29/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Otterchin

No no no, you got it all wrong.

They hate one tricks when it doesn't suit them!
its the same as when "pro" flex players picks mercy. :)
I mean, people complain about Mercy 'mains' being one tricks. People then complain when they play something else.

if they were *honestly* attacking you, I'd point it out. But as this stands, this thread just sounds.. bait-y.

01/29/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Mitrovarr
It'll be better once Mercy is nerfed, because then any healer can be viable. Right now you have to have someone who plays Mercy specifically. And loads of people hate Mercy's playstyle and refuse to play her.

no it won't. Mercy's nerf does nothing for what makes her meld really well with the dive composition. (not saying her beam/mobility should be nerfed, that would honestly kill her) she'll still have that free rez out of the gate, too. It just makes it so that no one uses valk to rez.

for the best support layout to change, the meta needs to change. Or there needs to be shield busting heroes added to enable Ana.. or something.
I need healing.
01/29/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Mitrovarr

To be honest, this doesn't make sense to me. If and when Mercy is nerfed, it isn't going to magically buff the other support heroes. Unless they are buffed or reworked themselves, they are still going to be just as viable as they are now. Mercy will just be more on their level, not the other way around.
01/29/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Pisces
I mean, people complain about Mercy 'mains' being one tricks. People then complain when they play something else.

if they were *honestly* attacking you, I'd point it out. But as this stands, this thread just sounds.. bait-y.

[/quote]
Played a game on another account where the clear Mercy main instalocked Zen on Numbani attack. Nobody else on the team had time on Mercy except me so I filled as her. We won the first round but lost the second. Score is 3 - 3. At this point the Mercy main on Zen says, "Very bad Mercy." I said well you main her so why are you on Zen?
01/29/2018 07:49 AMPosted by GremlinDiVA
01/29/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Pisces

Played a game on another account where the clear Mercy main instalocked Zen on Numbani attack. Nobody else on the team had time on Mercy except me so I filled as her. We won the first round but lost the second. Score is 3 - 3. At this point the Mercy main on Zen says, "Very bad Mercy." I said well you main her so why are you on Zen?[/quote]

then you pointed it out and defended yourself. That's good. they were being toxic, and if it escalated I wouldn't blame you if you reported them.

still, this thread has no where to go but down.
I find It funny.

-Mercy main tries new characters

You suck, Go back being a Mercy main! Stop playing other characters!
KYS!

-Mercy main shrugs and keeps playing Mercy after the nerfs and stuff

You suck, you no-skeellz, boosted, Mercy main! You don't play a skeeled character like me!KYS!
I don't really get the point here. You want Mercy One-tricks to play a new hero don't you? Isn't it good for any one-trick to atleast try playing another hero?

I don't get this community sometimes. On one hand you hate One-tricks, but then you hate when they play anyone else besides the one-tricked hero. Make up your minds people....
01/29/2018 08:05 AMPosted by xavvypls
I don't really get the point here. You want Mercy One-tricks to play a new hero don't you? Isn't it good for any one-trick to atleast try playing another hero?

I don't get this community sometimes. On one hand you hate One-tricks, but then you hate when they play anyone else besides the one-tricked hero. Make up your minds people....

I'm fine with a Mercy main flexing. But why are they talking down to the person playing Mercy in their place?
Am I the only one who is legitimately trying to understand why is OP getting downvotes like crazy?

I mean, the obvious reason is that anything that puts Mercy and anything negative in the same sentence will get you downvotes because forums lol.

But what is there to downvote?

If a person X who is a main of a hero X does not want to play that hero and person Y is forced to fill on hero X, how is it okay that person X makes snidey remarks about how someone (person Y) sucks on hero X when it isn't even their main? What sense does that make?
01/29/2018 09:40 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Am I the only one who is legitimately trying to understand why is OP getting downvotes like crazy?

>.> I find you have a hard time understanding a LOT of things Twix...
Mercy Mains shouldn't be counted as One-Shots as they are viable in all match-ups.
01/29/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Honchkrow
01/29/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Otterchin

No no no, you got it all wrong.

They hate one tricks when it doesn't suit them!

Nail in the Coffin.
01/29/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Honchkrow
01/29/2018 09:40 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

>.> I find you have a hard time understanding a LOT of things Twix...

Yes please resort to unbased insult some more so that you mask the fact that you + 90% of this thread misread the OP's post in its entirety.