Skin missing or becoming locked

Bug Report
02/10/2018 10:09 PMPosted by flygongaby
Hey just to update you on my situation. A few days ago I got a notification saying that my ticket's status was changed to resolved. I didn't have the time to check if that meant anything in game that day. Today I logged in and after fixing some display settings (my mouse was off center), I noticed the "new" next to the hero gallery. When I went to check all the stuff that I had lost was there with "new" tags. I don't know if the recent update fixed it or if the devs did manually, but yeah. I hope you and everyone else whose cosmetics disappeared get them back. Thanks for continuously spreading awareness about this issue and I will try to share my story and your's as much as I can to hopefully resolve this.

Thank you very much for the update. I will take a look into this for my experience and hopefully others that have experienced the same thing look into it as well. Which I do encourage just in case, so hopefully some of those people are still reading this topic.
It's good to know that you got your stuff back at least. It's possible the recent update might have resolved it but without no clear indication from Blizzard, we can only wonder.
In regards to the ticket status being marked as resolve, it could have just been the shoddy policy the game masters follow in support. I.E, leaving a sub standard and somewhat automated response and moving onto the other tickets they are tasked with.
Just found another user I knew of that experienced this saying it is now resolved for them.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761597069

Not entirely sure what is going on...

I STRONGLY URGE ALL THOSE AFFECTED TO PLEASE CHECK YOUR HERO GALLERIES AND POST AN UPDATE. THANK YOU.

EDIT to add my experience:
It looks like this mystery thing hasn't yet reached my end. So really not sure what made things better for Chi and flygongaby. We'll see in due time hopefully and more so if others post an update.
Bump for today.
Also missing a large number of skins. This needs to be resolved.
I too was directed to post a bug about my missing stuff after sending a support ticket.

I was going through my hero gallery looking at all the new Year of the Dog stuff, when I noticed that my Orisa puppy emote was locked. There's been a few times lately where I've noticed that something was locked that I was so sure I had before, but my memory was a little fuzzy so I let it go. But I KNOW I had the Puppy emote. I remember opening it and showing it off to my husband and him being so jealous....and now it's locked. Makes me wonder if the others I noticed before really used to be unlocked as well. I'm really upset. I buy a lot of loot boxes for events, and it's really disturbing that things can re-lock themselves.
This just happened to me. I paid for lootboxes and got the Genji "Baihu" skin from one and saved up some of my points to buy the Dva "Black Cat" skin. I had some gold currency left after the purchase. Played a couple games with them yesterday, but logged in today and the Genji "Baihu" skin is locked and my gold currency shows -"55". How's that even possible lol. I still have the Dva "Black Cat" skin. I have a video of me playing Genji with the skin yesterday and I have a screen shot of the "-55" gold.
Same With Some Of My Emotes
02/15/2018 06:35 AMPosted by LawlOozyVurt
This just happened to me. I paid for lootboxes and got the Genji "Baihu" skin from one and saved up some of my points to buy the Dva "Black Cat" skin. I had some gold currency left after the purchase. Played a couple games with them yesterday, but logged in today and the Genji "Baihu" skin is locked and my gold currency shows -"55". How's that even possible lol. I still have the Dva "Black Cat" skin. I have a video of me playing Genji with the skin yesterday and I have a screen shot of the "-55" gold.

My guess would have to be a charge back on the loot boxes you bought yesterday that could of cost you to have -55 coins.
My apologises for the quiet past few days. Who knew a minor chat suspension for a game would effect something completely different (Such as the forums).

I don't have time to check back the past few days and update what I can tonight.
However, I will get to it as soon as I'm able so please be patient.
Thank you to the newcomers for sharing your experiences.
Bump and comment.

Okay, I think we are back up to date.
I've gone back to 4 days ago on these forum boards and tried addressing all the topics I saw. I am sorry if I missed any but hopefully I had things covered enough.

As always, if anyone has any development on their cases. PLEASE UPDATE US HERE.
Hello,

OP was kinda enough to find my post and direct me here.

Here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761906022?page=1#post-5

is the link to my original thread. I'll also repost the text in this thread.

Hello,

Yesterday (Tuesday 2/13) at around 1-130am central time i opened a crate which contained Valkyrie Mercy skin. I don't play her too much, she is my 6th most played character across all game modes. I'm pointing this out because when I logged in to play today I did not have the skin unlocked. I took a screenshot of just the skin nothing around her (https://gyazo.com/8fc5bb09257943cccb8c4e95bcd8048d) I know this isn't really proof, but I wasn't taking it to provide it as proof. I simply took it to dump it in my Discord channel to share it with my friends.I will gladly provide any other prevalent info you might need.

This sucks. Sucks even more because Blizzard has straight up ignored it.
Bump.
Bump. Still waiting and looking into this.