Dear consoleplayers

General Discussion
You know you wont die from picking a healer or tank every now and then right? I am done with solohealing all you instalockdpsplayers for every single competitive game. I am losing games and sr just cause you guys are to proud to switch to tanks/Second healer. Like some of you would legit rather lose than switch to what the team needs. Sorry for the rant but i am just fed up with this
True dat.
I just complained about this on reddit.
I really wish they there was a requirement before going to competitive for players to have to clocked in a number of hours for each class. Or something!
That way they can't be so salty about getting off DPS or telling other people to provide support.
Don't you talk to me like I'm Dave Kelly.
My god this is so true. I never get to play DPS cuz I'm the only one willing to go healer.
Considering I don't like to play to play DPS, this works for me.
It's the same on PC as well

9 times out of 10 I'm either forced to fill or risk losing SR because we'll go with only 1 healer or no healer at all
Solo healing forces the solo healer to play much differently (and not in a good way usually), same with solo tanking.
Solo heals is not a very good starting comp.
Remember, overwatch is a not only a game of space (capturing obj.) it's also a game of time (round timer). The more time you burn off the clock, the lower your chances of winning. You need a good time to win.
I highly doubt this is just a console issue...
That aside, everyone should be someone effort into building a decent comp.
I feel you man, though I'd say it's a more of a general thing than a console one.

Most folks are looking for that classic fps playstyle and don't realize that Overwatch isn't a great place for it.
legit thats how i get to top 500 i have good gamesense and can can literally play any hero at top tier level so i can climb cause i flex but only if there were more people who flex and when i group i get a tank and healer while i dps so its fair
I usually go lucio so I can do both but it’s harder for me when I have to go tank or healer because if I am feeling they aren’t doing a good job I feel the need to switch
As a console player I'm aware of this issue, though I think part of it is due to Support balance for console being horribly out of whack.

*Mercy being the most viable Support at launch only to get buffed and re-worked to be even stronger than she was at launch.
*Ana being F-tier since her launch.
*Console Moira's wanting to deal damage more than healing.

What also doesn't help is that the dependance on Mercy to fix every mistake made in game has encouraged a very reckless and loose playstyle and many players are very dumb when it comes to proper positioning...so trying to play Ana (who's still F-tier) is made harder because no one protects her and no one stays close to Moira for her to heal.

With Lucio & Zenyatta, a lot of Lucio's don't switch off from Speed Boost, and most Zenyatta forget that the Harmony Orb exists.

That's not to say that this is solely a console-specific problem (except for Ana's F-tier status), but these are things that I notice.
01/22/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Noidy
solohealing all you instalockdpsplayers for every single competitive game.
I willingly do this every game. Luckily I always get 2 tanks since I queue w/ a friend who plays tanks and 1 of the randoms usually picks a tank as well. I don’t mind having to solo heal as long as we have at least 2 tanks.
01/22/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Rumy
legit thats how i get to top 500 i have good gamesense and can can literally play any hero at top tier level so i can climb cause i flex but only if there were more people who flex and when i group i get a tank and healer while i dps so its fair

We get it you're in the top 500, now stop humblebragging all over the place about it.
01/22/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Nahric
01/22/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Rumy

We get it you're in the top 500, now stop humblebragging all over the place about it.
dont be salty mayne
01/22/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Noidy
You know you wont die from picking a healer or tank every now and then right? I am done with solohealing all you instalockdpsplayers for every single competitive game. I am losing games and sr just cause you guys are to proud to switch to tanks/Second healer. Like some of you would legit rather lose than switch to what the team needs. Sorry for the rant but i am just fed up with this

All day...it's so frustrating. Either you smash the other team because their team comp sucks, or they smash you. And it all team comp. Nobody will counter pick. If the enemy has 3 tanks...pcik Reaper. It's not that hard.
01/22/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Rumy
01/22/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Nahric

dont be salty mayne

I'd have to care to be salty, you're just being annoying. I'll ask you to google what it means to humblebrag, it's a very undesirable trait that you should work out of your character.
But if they pick a tank and no one else picks a healer then they will die.
Some suggestions to make team play more attractive:

- Remove "skill"-based matchmaking and give us a win-based one for every mode and every tier
- add more medals like "damage blocked" or "stun assist"
- from time to time give Potg someone else than Genji and Junkrat
- make every ally visible through walls for every team mate
- make a mini hud with every team member like in Junkenstein's revenge
- able to set role preferences in matchmaking to get at least one tank and healer guarantied (even no preference should be available for flex players and shorter search time)
- let us hide our profile stats (against shaming)
- able to sort players into groups in the main menu
- add a working "prefer" player button to get a higher chance in matchmaking to play with him on the same team
- no automated bans please
- introduce an anti dive tank which absorbs damage frome nearby allies
- let us be able to vote for a map
- please add more arcade game mode slots
Also just because someone picks Ana doesn’t mean they are throwing because I get that crap a lot