Mercy Mains

General Discussion
Here's an idea... learn a new hero? Who likes playing the same hero the majority of the time anyways...
I liked playing Mercy all the time. In fact, if it wasn't for Mercy I would have never played Overwatch. I don't even like FPS games, but Mercy somehow made Overwatch ok. Now when Mercy stopped being enjoyable I uninstalled Overwatch. I don't want to learn another hero, because Mercy was the only reason I even enjoyed Overwatch.
Oh great this argument again, if you can even call it an argument. I have multiple heroes as backing + can flex if required. But apparently willingly supporting a team that keeps trying to trash you for doing so is bad.
Highly Rated
Genji mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?
Widow mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?
Tracer mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?

Got the point?
01/30/2018 12:48 PMPosted by WildWolf
Here's an idea... learn a new hero? Who likes playing the same hero the majority of the time anyways...
I do, actually. Or at least, I did before the rework. Now I find doing the dishes more entertaining and rewarding than playing Overwatch.

"Play a different hero" isn't a solution. It's giving up on fixing a blatant issue because you don't feel like addressing it.

A hero should never be changed to the point of being unrecognizable by their mains.
Why play your hero when you can play another?
It's that simple!
I play other heroes other than Mercy.

Though it has got to stop trying to force healers into DPS and tanks slots.

Healers, Tanks and DPS all require different skills to be played.

When this game runs out of players willing to heal, what then?

The other healers in this game are good, i play them regularly.

But we didn't cry for months for a new healer only to have another be removed due to massive nerfs..
I like her mobility, and I wholly admit that I can't really aim which leaves but a few choices if I want to stand any chance of being a benefit to my team. Because as far as no aim heroes go, it's really only Mercy/Sym/Winston/Rein and Moira to a point. So I mean if you'd prefer a shield gen as opposed to heals when you're on crit just let me know.
I play support because I actually feel as though I’m doing something for the team. Unlike a DPS running in and getting themselves killed, that simple.
There is a difference between someone who mains a character and someone who one tricks a character.
One flaw in your argument:

Getting reported and later banned for NOT playing Mercy.

Or getting reported and later banned for playing some other hero that is currently considered "non-meta."
01/30/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Andrej
Genji mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?
Widow mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?
Tracer mains ... Here's an idea ... learn a new hero?

Got the point?

Exactly! I know how to play every hero. One tricking is so basic and boring.
01/30/2018 01:14 PMPosted by SilkPenny
One flaw in your argument:

Getting reported and later banned for NOT playing Mercy.

Or getting reported and later banned for playing some other hero that is currently considered "non-meta."

I've played Sombra hundreds of times in competitive and never got reported or banned for it.
01/30/2018 12:48 PMPosted by WildWolf
Who likes playing the same hero the majority of the time anyways...

all the hanzo, genji, tracer, soldier, and widow mains who will never ever flex even if it means 5 dps one healer in comp apparently
01/30/2018 01:08 PMPosted by TheArchangel
I play support because I actually feel as though I’m doing something for the team. Unlike a DPS running in and getting themselves killed, that simple.

Then keep healing? You can still play Mercy if you must but there are 4 other healers that can keep up with her now. Fair is fair
I have and do play other heroes, although during the Mercy meta I really didn't get a choice who I played in comp. Now I get to choose, but I am pretty sure Mercy will still be very useful, but I look forward to getting a bit more playtime on Zen.
Yeah. Been there. Ana.
Like I wanna play her now, right.

Next I’ll jump on Moira. Already expecting the same Mercy/Ana treatment there too!
01/30/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Qwazi
I liked playing Mercy all the time. In fact, if it wasn't for Mercy I would have never played Overwatch. I don't even like FPS games, but Mercy somehow made Overwatch ok. Now when Mercy stopped being enjoyable I uninstalled Overwatch. I don't want to learn another hero, because Mercy was the only reason I even enjoyed Overwatch.

I guess everyone has their preferences when it comes to hero's but not trying any of the other 25 characters? I feel like you missed out on the real Overwatch experience and for that I am sorry.

If you reinstall try playing a few different hero's from each class. I think you would enjoy what some of the other characters offer and maybe you'll fall in love all over again with this game.
01/30/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Qwazi
Good riddance, the salt in these forums are hilarious. Keep it coming Mercy mains LOL