OWL Women's League...maybe...

General Discussion
I've seen a lot of Posts about No female Pro players and it made me wonder, what would you feel about a woman's bracket? maybe at the end have the woman's team face off with the guys? Yes , no , maybe so? I'm not advocating for or against it.

I'm just curious if you think it's a step forward or backward?

Tough call in my book, but I think it's worth a discussion.

I think I'd have to see what the females had to say about it before I could make my decision, what about you?
Yes, let's separate people further instead of bringing them together. Having a separate league just for women perpetuates the problem.
Why are you making an unnecessary post? There is already a post like this on the first page...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760905960

And my answer is no. Why? Read that thread.
Yea, that's the issue with traditional sports. Definitely a step backward. This isn't something that can be a forced change or a quick change, but something societal and slow.

Overwatch League has a good chance at making a difference in the appearance of women in the eyes of e-sports though. As Esports are normalized, like OWL attempts to do, women in them will be normalized as well.

I think something that needs to be considered, as well, is how dominant South Korea is in E-sports, and how rigid gender roles are there. As long as we get so many players from SK, there will always be gendered divides in Esports until SK itself changes.
Impossible. You cant have 6 mercys in a team. :v

kidding xDDD

I would definitely watch that!
They need to have a rule like in the NFL were before you sign any players, you have to try out at least a few female players. This would literally lead to more equality in the league.
01/11/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Seppy
Yes, let's separate people further instead of bringing them together. Having a separate league just for women perpetuates the problem.

and female team will never win against pro male team. CSGO and dota proved that enough
Why don't we find someone women good enough for OWL? Of course, they have to apply and try out for teams
I can bet all of the ppl who make threads like these are men.

How many women do you know that would want to dedicate their whole time entirely to esports?
01/11/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Stunlaw
They need to have a rule like in the NFL were before you sign any players, you have to try out at least a few female players. This would literally lead to more equality in the league.
I'm sorry but Females in the NFL is an absolutely terrible idea.
01/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
I'm sorry but Females in the NFL is an absolutely terrible idea.

I mean..didn't they try that?
01/11/2018 10:22 AMPosted by SunsetHippo
01/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
... I'm sorry but Females in the NFL is an absolutely terrible idea.

I mean..didn't they try that?
I dunno, but seeing some of those hits on dudes it looks awful, just imagine that happening to a female
Is anyone going to watch that though?
Are there actually any female top end players who have said that they even want to play in OWL? Are there even enough to get multipile teams? We already have OWL devided into 3 tiers basically, does anyone want to watch something that's going to be T3 at best and at that point more than likely not even going to be that just because it's women?

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

*draws breath*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Outside of place kicker, not a single NFL position could be filled by a Woman before a man.

Not.One.
op's the type of person that gets triggered by pepe the frog
Dont know... no women have this confident or no history of women players? Almost women don’t care e-sport? There is so many women characters, why don’t have female players?
01/11/2018 10:18 AMPosted by HanzoMaker
01/11/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Seppy

and female team will never win against pro male team. CSGO and dota proved that enough

People aren't going to want to say it, but the average male has about 1-2 frame(s) faster reaction time than a female.( This study went on for 10 years feel free to look it up).This is a disadvantage in games where reaction is so important. That being said their are women are the exception,and if they're good, I have 0 problem with them joning the league. Why would I? But adding a female for the sake would definitely be a step backward.
I want to watch a league where the best of the best compete, not a bunch of runner ups who couldn't get into the actual pro scene.

Besides, honestly I don't think there's enough top tier female players to justify it.