ranked is a coin flip

Competitive Discussion
Player preferance needs to be reintroduced into this game I am sick of working hard for my SR only to lose it to idiots in my games .I played 2 games just then my first game had a non switching widow that did nothing all game like usual and my second game had some 16yr old swearing and abusing the team over the mic .

So basically i lost 50 sr in 2 games due to people who refused to help the team.I feel like this is what is killing overwatch atm .Because its a coin flip weather you get a good team or not .
The game literally gives you every tool you need to win. If you feel like your groups are really such a coin toss, perhaps rig it in your favor by getting a group of others to play with you. Takes out all of the randomness, don't ya think?
01/11/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Krows
The game literally gives you every tool you need to win. If you feel like your groups are really such a coin toss, perhaps rig it in your favor by getting a group of others to play with you. Takes out all of the randomness, don't ya think?

Every tool to win lol.you sure you dont mean every tool literally .Its incredibly hard to carry in overwatch unless you play for 8hrs a day and the time i do have which is not alot i would like to know i havent got idiots who think its quick play or who abuse the team because they think they are a god when they have no medals .
I believe I'm overwatch league material, but I'm stuck in bronze because of crappy teammates. What do I do?!?11
01/11/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Evonoucono
I believe I'm overwatch league material, but I'm stuck in bronze because of crappy teammates. What do I do?!?11

Uninstall and play a more balanced game lol.
01/11/2018 09:20 PMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
So basically i lost 50 sr in 2 games due to people who refused to help the team.I feel like this is what is killing overwatch atm .Because its a coin flip weather you get a good team or not .
Beat the odds by stacking with a group of people who you know are good, reliable and who don't pick Hanzo.

Solo-queuing to climb is like smoking to improve your respiration.
Just out of curiosity, what rank do you think you deserve, SUPERIORDoom?
If you feel like your groups are really such a coin toss, perhaps rig it in your favor by getting a group of others to play with you. Takes out all of the randomness, don't ya think?

Ahh! So ranked should always be biased against the solo-quer.
think of each game as a slice of bread, your input is the butter. how much you put in is gonna give you the higher chance to land on your side.
Solo queue will bring these unreliable results. Play with a team if you are serious about the game.
01/11/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Chublis
Beat the odds by stacking with a group of people who you know are good, reliable and don't pick Hanzo.

Solo-queuing to climb is like smoking to improve your respiration.

I gotta agree with this i won 4 games in a row and then i got 3 games just now with idiots and people who were abusing the team .Im starting to wonder what is even the point in playing this game .I am the only one left out of all my friends who have left overwatch and i had like 15 friends who got this game and they all left for the same reason that every game is just a gamble weather you get a good team or a bunch of idiots .
01/11/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Evonoucono

I play in masters almost everyday and win 70% of my games that why i get annoying with this coin flip crap because i get 3-4 golds every game no matter what hero i play and yet if i play on my friends account i am like literally beating almost every master i face as soldier .This match making is just so broken .You win 1 then lose 1 ,you win 2 then lose 2 its just rediculous .Its like if you win a few it gives you the most brain dead allies on the planet so you lose .
01/11/2018 10:04 PMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
01/11/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Evonoucono

masters

Typical.
Check your stats on doomfist this competitive season (your most played hero)
and tell me how stats like 1.39 elims per life IS MASTER TIER.
I'm sorry but your stats show that you are performing at exactly where you should be, stop blaming your teammates.

beating almost every master i face as soldier.

Once again, check your soldier stats, they show signs that you are EXACTLY where you should be. Your accuracy with him is 28% this season!
I'm not even a soldier main, and my accuracy with him in quick play is 45% (36% this season, but I only have 6 minutes with him so far this season)

You are not the only one who severely under performs and then blames their team. I'm sorry but you won't get any pity from me.
01/11/2018 09:48 PMPosted by ChaosDragon

Ahh! So ranked should always be biased against the solo-quer.

Of course not! However if you are specifically having problems with solo queue, make a premade instead. Sorry I suggested a solution to fix his problem, go on complaining in the forums, that's sure to fix your issue!
Bring back attack defense coin, more fair than mercy rez
01/11/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Evonoucono

masters

Typical.
Check your stats on doomfist this competitive season (your most played hero)
and tell me how stats like 1.39 elims per life IS MASTER TIER.
I'm sorry but your stats show that you are performing at exactly where you should be, stop blaming your teammates.

beating almost every master i face as soldier.

Once again, check your soldier stats, they show signs that you are EXACTLY where you should be. Your accuracy with him is 28% this season!
I'm not even a soldier main, and my accuracy with him in quick play is 45% (36% this season, but I only have 6 minutes with him so far this season)

You are not the only one who severely under performs and then blames their team. I'm sorry but you won't get any pity from me.

You obviously didnt see my video of me destroying a whole master team .Stats dont mean anything when you hardly play the character .Im not a soldier main period .I dont play him hardly only in masters on another account .Where my accuracy as him is 68% .Pls use your brain .

Yeah and if you group queue you also get less SR gain and are penalised for it making it almost pointless
01/12/2018 08:11 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom

Stats dont mean anything when you hardly play the character.

You are complaining that you lost sr because other people refuse to help the team. Your elims per life on doomfist (YOUR MOST PLAYED HERO) is REALLY low. That stat alone is enough to tell me you don't do enough work before dying.

on another account .Where my accuracy as him is 68%

If your soldier accuracy is 68%, you would not be in silver complaining, because you would have the best aim out of any soldier in the world, PERIOD. You would be in top 500 easily with that kind of accuracy. But you don't. Your accuracy is 28%, a silver level stat. If your accuracy is 68% on your other account like you claim, just play soldier on this account with top 500 tier accuracy, and win easy.

You obviously didnt see my video of me destroying a whole master team.

I don't need to, your 1.39 elims per life on your main is more than enough information to know you aren't pulling your weight each match.

You are the typical dps main, that thinks they deserve a higher rank, but is being held back due to "crappy teammates". But refuses to check their own stats and see that they are doing wrong. Your kind of attitude is not new to anyone.
If you are good enough, you WILL climb.
Player preferance needs to be reintroduced into this game I am sick of working hard for my SR only to lose it to idiots in my games .I played 2 games just then my first game had a non switching widow that did nothing all game like usual and my second game had some 16yr old swearing and abusing the team over the mic .

Every game might feel like a coin flip, but good players will win over time. If you actually deserve to climb, you will simply because you will win more games. Remember, the enemy team is always more likely to have leavers, trolls or one-tricks. This is because there are 6 randoms on the enemy team, but only 5 randoms on your team. That’s 16% that will never DC, never troll, and always switch off whenever it’s needed. You can’t blame the system with these statistical realities, you can only blame yourself. As long as you play well enough and play enough, you will climb. 100% of the time. If you were to make a second account, I would guarantee that if you played the same heroes to the same level, you would get almost exactly the same SR you are at right now. The system isn’t rigged, Blizzard isn’t out to get out, you simply need to improve if you want to rank up, because that’s how the system works. The system doesn’t benefit someone else or hurt you, the system simply gives you an accurate representation of your current skill at the game.