Can their be a RANK RESET

Competitive Discussion

Even with statistical analysis, data, and review, people still believe in elo hell. There is no appeasing these people. No.

My original main account is stuck in silver / gold while my account I just bought goes between plat and diamond. Riddle me that.

The riddle is that you probably just made that up.

I have 2 accounts as well. This one and Novum#1900. Guess what rank they're both in, actually, they're pretty much within 100SR of each other.

A rank reset won't do anything. You'll end up straight back into the same rank until you improve, because that's the skill level you're at.

Everyone wants to be at a higher rank, that doesn't mean you deserve to be. I"m a Plat player, and will be until I improve, end of story.

If you really do have 2 accounts, one in Diamond, one in Gold, then you probably don't deserve to be a Diamond or even a Plat player and have been carried there by who you group with. TBH I don't believe you even do have a Plat account and that you made it up just to try prove some obscure point. I have never had trouble getting myself out of Gold and into Plat, the difference between mid gold and mid plat is huge, you don't even need good mechanical skill to get there, game sense can easily carry you that far. Like do you seriously think that a Masters player would have trouble getting out of Plat, or that a GM would have trouble getting out of Diamond. Don't think so m8.
02/11/2018 08:08 PMPosted by PsychoMantis

My original main account is stuck in silver / gold while my account I just bought goes between plat and diamond. Riddle me that.

The riddle is that you probably just made that up.

I have 2 accounts as well. This one and Novum#1900. Guess what rank they're both in, actually, they're pretty much within 100SR of each other.

A rank reset won't do anything. You'll end up straight back into the same rank until you improve, because that's the skill level you're at.

Everyone wants to be at a higher rank, that doesn't mean you deserve to be. I"m a Plat player, and will be until I improve, end of story.

If you really do have 2 accounts, one in Diamond, one in Gold, then you probably don't deserve to be a Diamond or even a Plat player and have been carried there by who you group with. TBH I don't believe you even do have a Plat account and that you made it up just to try prove some obscure point. I have never had trouble getting myself out of Gold and into Plat, the difference between mid gold and mid plat is huge, you don't even need good mechanical skill to get there, game sense can easily carry you that far. Like do you seriously think that a Masters player would have trouble getting out of Plat, or that a GM would have trouble getting out of Diamond. Don't think so m8.

When I was in high bronze/low silver I placed and maintained an account in platinum Vigor#11136. Then when I realized I wasn't crazy and I really was better than my teammates like I thought I was I have climbed 1400 SR across 90 hours of game time and a couple seasons. The other account is still in plat and I almost have this account there. Sometimes someone is significantly better than their rank they started at. I was trash when I first played the game. I had to play a !@#$ ton of games on this account to prove to the system that I had improved. Sometimes people are better than their rank they just need the motivation to grind and climb.
Honestly, until they add real social tools like guilds, a rank reset isn't going to change anything. Just another lottery ticket.
I feel like CTF's placements were a test, since they go off your actual competitive sr, but then you gain/loss depending on how you performs.

Not a reset, but placements that actually gives you a change of sr.

Example; I'm 2261sr, my girlfriend is 1307sr. We played Competitive CTF placements together,
I was Sym contesting the flag, she was Genji contesting flag and protecting flag holders.

I got low plat and she got low silver in CTF, both higher than our "actual" sr.
We went 6-4 I believe.

Regardless my point stands that I dont think we'll get a "reset", but we might just get placements that actually change your SR if you perform well, instead of just placing you a few SR off where you ended.
A reset won’t do any good if they continue to use the same matchmaker to queue games.

Until they give an actual competitive mode, its bette that they just keep the matchmaker the way it is. No reason to reset when you can just buy another account to have your mmr reset.

It sucks, but they are proud of their matchmaker and will continue to use it in comp however long they can get away with people thinking that it is a ladder to climb.

Its QP with a number people. When will you realize this?
Let me start by saying rank does not matter(im not stylosa). You are in plat(above average/pretty good at the game) because that is your skill. try watching some coaching vids on your heroes, maybe you can learn something from that. work on mechanical skill. most importantly realize that its just a game you will win some you will lose some just have fun :).
01/15/2018 03:19 PMPosted by ishqwn
Please RESET the RANKS for next season, so many people have asked for this..
I don't want to be stuck in plat for 8 more seasons

then get better, in season 1 i was low gold now im master, improve over time. Believe it or not sometimes you reach a peak where you cant get any better and you need to accept that not everyone can be GM at a game