2350 Damage in Comp Gold Medal. Damage the Blame

Competitive Discussion
I'll try to keep this short. I went from 2938 yesterday back to 2843 and then I made it back to 2920s. When I got back in the 2900s. I was of course once again placed with terrible players.

2 heals, 2 tanks, 2 damages.

Seems like a good setup right? Wrong, the damages on my team were terrible. Scrubs and Noobs. These two should not be playing Comp. They should honestly remain in Quick Play. The Basiton Damage even went Torb and Widow to show he was a thrower for being terrible. And kept saying he understood as we talked bad about him once I revealed I was top damage as a support.

Now my damage was 1800s in the 4 minuets of Attack. I was Moira and I was healing. You telling me you cannot out damage a support. Look at that damage, 1800!!! 1800!!!

Next round defense, it became 2350 exactly. Both me (Moira) and Rein (tank) took golds and we were just doing our roles/jobs. The blame was the two damages on our team. They weren't killing anything. Mercy and Ana on the enemy team surely had the lowest healing out ever.

If you want to be a Damage, how about you do your job and actually do damage. Why in the world were these two in the 2800-2900s is beyond me. They weren't smurfs either.

I'll never get out of Platinum at this rate either. Every Time I make it back to 2900s I get the worst of the bunch. I had nothing against the other players on my team. The damages were at fault.

I know some people will try to defend them. I am not looking for an excuse or to blame someone. But in reality a team losing is usually the fault of somebody. In this example, both the damages.
It's like you don't have an H button to change to another hero and try to compensate or something. Crazy.
Blaming your teammates is the worst thing you can do.

You're going to have some games where you are of higher skill than some of your teammates, but some games you will be carried yourself.

You're going to have leavers/throwers/tilted players some times, but its the same for the enemy team.

Report and block players that you need to.

Cut your losses and focus on improvement

Whining on the forums won't change the past.
This game forced loss streaks and I haven’t been able to win unless I play tracer and yes I’m blaming my teammates for being garbage. Don’t understand platinum and why there’s washed up diamonds and boosted silvers do games are completely one sided. This game gives no way to advance and is not rewarding to play with this !@#$ mercy watch meta.
01/24/2018 01:26 PMPosted by DaddyTorb
This game forced loss streaks

You're wrong, and here are detailed posts explaining why:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305
and
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758885930

I haven’t been able to win unless I play tracer

Your tracer win rate is 52% that's not really a "carry" statistic, I suggest sticking with Orisa and Dva because they have your highest win rates.

yes I’m blaming my teammates for being garbage

Overwatch is a team game based on team mechanics, if you are flaming your team, your SR will reflect that. It is counter productive to blame your teammates and you will fail if you do this.

Don’t understand platinum and why there’s washed up diamonds and boosted silvers do games are completely one sided

These "washed up" diamonds could possibly be diamonds that have decayed over a break and have lost game sense and skill. Additionally, boosted players/smurfs represent a small part of plat players, for the most part, you will be playing true plat players.

This game gives no way to advance and is not rewarding to play

If you don't enjoy it, stop playing
This game forced loss streaks and I haven’t been able to win unless I play tracer and yes I’m blaming my teammates for being garbage. Don’t understand platinum and why there’s washed up diamonds and boosted silvers do games are completely one sided. This game gives no way to advance and is not rewarding to play with this !@#$ mercy watch meta.

Think about it like this, if you were good enough to be in diamond you would be able to carry most games in plat. I mean look at when there is a smurf, they carry the team, so why cant you?
01/24/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Yinno

You're going to have some games where you are of higher skill than some of your teammates, but some games you will be carried yourself.

You're going to have leavers/throwers/tilted players some times, but its the same for the enemy team.

No it's not lol if your teammates are NOT doing their job, then they are to blame. This happens in ANY instance of someone not performing well in anything in life. Don't be a snowflake.
01/24/2018 01:50 PMPosted by yourse1f

Think about it like this, if you were good enough to be in diamond you would be able to carry most games in plat. I mean look at when there is a smurf, they carry the team, so why cant you?

They only carry sometimes if they are a dps. He JUST said he plays support. Please explain to him how he is supposed to "carry" his team. I'll be waiting.
01/24/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Ethereal
01/24/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Yinno

No it's not lol if your teammates are NOT doing their job, then they are to blame. This happens in ANY instance of someone not performing well in anything in life. Don't be a snowflake.

I agree with you on the fact that there are cases where yes, people in a group contribute very little if anything at all, however:

A) Flaming your teammates does not help them improve mid match and will be a detriment to your teamwork and thus, will decrease you chances of winning.

B) Focusing on how our teammates screwed up takes attention away from self improvement or even performing normally

C) Everyone deals with this issue, those that actually climb the ladder deals with these weaknesses in their team and compensates for them

A good rule of thumb is to give your teammates the benefit of the doubt and focus on your own play
Maybe you should look into who the DPS are dealing with and see if the enemy they counter is being pocketed or they are being double teamed. Thats what usually happens when DPS are getting shut down and having a hard time putting in the kills. You have to work as a team and its clear that you werent just by your attitude. Moira can also easily take Gold Damage and healing unless you got a good Ana or Mercy, but on average she can out heal every healer currently if played right.
See, it's kinda hard to sympathize with a one trick.
oh man this is one big problem. I get it a lot of times playing my main, widowmaker. You need to take in account
1: Damage means nothing if you don't kill anyone
2: kills mean nothing if you don't kill the right person.

thing is dps isnt just about being a damage dealing carry. you need to carry the game by killing the right people, damaging the right things, Turrets, teleporters, w/e is important. and you also need to redirect fire either from you, or away from others in the group; as well as protect them. if someone is beating your healer down, like say tracer... then she needs to be #1 priority to get her off of your teammate. same with the tanks, if you see a reaper or like a Dva shooting at a rein hart shield, stop trying to hit that back line from flanking and help scare off whomever is shooting your tank down. There are more ways to carry the game than just dealing damage; and from reading your post, i hope you're aware of this.
01/24/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Ethereal

They only carry sometimes if they are a dps. He JUST said he plays support. Please explain to him how he is supposed to "carry" his team. I'll be waiting.

Every hero in the game has the ability to carry. Thinking that only dps can carry is a big flaw in thinking about how this game works.
01/24/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Ethereal

How to carry as support, if your team is a live then the chances of the other team being dead is higher.
There you go
01/24/2018 02:10 PMPosted by BrokenNinja
Maybe you should look into who the DPS are dealing with and see if the enemy they counter is being pocketed or they are being double teamed. Thats what usually happens when DPS are getting shut down and having a hard time putting in the kills. You have to work as a team and its clear that you werent just by your attitude. Moira can also easily take Gold Damage and healing unless you got a good Ana or Mercy, but on average she can out heal every healer currently if played right.

You are tripping. 2000 damage as Moira is terrible. It's not even try hard damage with her. I told you I was healing much more than dealing damage and I still had gold medal. That is a bad sign and we had shield thanks. Bastion refused to sit on the payload too.

You people talk about teamwork? lol, those two damages were playing CoD rather than doing teamwork Solider and Reapear did nothing either when the other damage was switch. They both switch characters so much too that they didn't even ult. Bastion went Trob to throw then Widow and Tracer. Still sucked.

Yes, both damages were to blame for this loss. Overwatch does need a block system. I don't ever want to play with these two players again. My team also reported them for poor teamwork. I just blocked them on my PSN account to avoid grouping up with then again.
01/24/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Hattori
See, it's kinda hard to sympathize with a one trick.

Yes, I'm a Symmetra and Moira main. And your point? For Season 8 I am mainly focusing on becoming a Diamond Moira through only solo que. When I make it to 2900s. I get throw with throwers/leavers/terrible players.

This has always been how the formula works for Platinum Rank.
01/24/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Laamea
oh man this is one big problem. I get it a lot of times playing my main, widowmaker. You need to take in account
1: Damage means nothing if you don't kill anyone
2: kills mean nothing if you don't kill the right person.

thing is dps isnt just about being a damage dealing carry. you need to carry the game by killing the right people, damaging the right things, Turrets, teleporters, w/e is important. and you also need to redirect fire either from you, or away from others in the group; as well as protect them. if someone is beating your healer down, like say tracer... then she needs to be #1 priority to get her off of your teammate. same with the tanks, if you see a reaper or like a Dva shooting at a rein hart shield, stop trying to hit that back line from flanking and help scare off whomever is shooting your tank down. There are more ways to carry the game than just dealing damage; and from reading your post, i hope you're aware of this.

Great post. The damages were killing Ana or Mercy either despite me and my team telling them to take out the supports and they'll fall. I was the only one killing the supports and so was Dva and Rein.
CoolStoryBob

Sorry your teammates are holding you back from greatness and you made no mistakes. I'm sure Moira was the optimal pick there and with your damage so low, I'm sure you never ran out of healing mist and everyone was always 100% health. Good job telling us about the horrible teammates you had.

CoolStoryBob