Moria is a bit broken.

General Discussion
Moria is a bit overpowered. This is all my opinion but hear me out, because this isn't just b*tching. I'll also include what I would do to fix her.

Her range... Her !@#$%^- range is so far for the amount of damage she does.
She shouldn't have auto lock Symmetra abilities that has super long range, Tracer dash, tracer heals (without the auto lock) and draining health that does way too much damage.

She absolutely dominates the field, as a tank for healing herself and being so small/slippery, as a DPS, and as a support with her kamehameha healing wave. She is very difficult to kill and her only competitor hero that I can honestly think of is Pharah just because she flys and stays out of that godlike range.

What I would do is one of the following to fix her.

1. Reduce her range.
Fair enough if you want high damage, but you shouldn't be able to do it so far away. The tracer-esk dash can make up for the lost range. Then it would be a strong character and fair considering the character is more at risk being up close.
2. Reduce the damage. Want the range? Then lower the damage. Even though I would rather see her go with option A because even with lower damage jumping around dodging hits with auto aim attack still makes it a bit unfair but a skilled player can work around that.
3. Remove the auto lock. Explains itself, make it harder to hit the enemy and its more balanced and fair to the other players.

Ill be honest, I don't like her character. I dont like the roles she was created to do and how she's played. But I can deal with it. I know others DO like playing her and they make some valid points on why she should remain how she is. But imo she needs some adjustment to her character.

What do you guys think? You think shes fine the way she is? What would you do differently to change her?
Highly Rated
"Orb does too much damage and on a really low cooldown. Beam is broken"

Sorry Genji, you just got soloed by a hero who does 30 DPS
Highly Rated
01/25/2018 02:40 PMPosted by DonnieDarko
Moria is a bit overpowered. This is all my opinion but hear me out, because this isn't just b*tching. I'll also include what I would do to fix her.

Lets see your main hero is tracer and you have a genji portrait...

yeah no... !@#$ off
Highly Rated
Tracer main, no time in moira. No arguments. Nothing to see here
01/25/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Facundo

The OP is not even a genji main LMAO. Still Moira isin't broken at all. She is balanced. She just gets on everyones nerves like Scatter.
No, we need MORE interesting supports to play, not less.
01/25/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Facundo

I dont play Genji. I play DVA, Mercy, Ana, Tracer, Orissa, and Pharah.
01/25/2018 02:47 PMPosted by TheHunter
Tracer main, no time in moira. No arguments. Nothing to see here

I can make criticism through observation and experience playing on the other end. You didn't even make any counter arguments.
I main tracer, second is moira.. I kinda agree that its a little difficult to play as tracer against a moira enemy.. BUT.... when i see a moira in the enemy team i just keep my eyes on her... Try to have blinks anytime.. Just in case.. When moira joined the game, u just need to learn other ways around with tracer

Ur dead pretty fast if you dont keep a eye on moira her orb's...

If i play Moira, i notice how easy it is to kill a tracer, but i love both characters..

I kill moira as tracer, and vice versa... Its all part of the game..
Ok, fine. As long as Genji and Tracer get nerfs too. Still on board?

Didn't think so.
01/25/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Nightsbane

yeah no... !@#$ off

I enjoy playing tracer and who cares what my portrait is? Its irrelevant to the conversation.
She shouldn't have auto lock Symmetra abilities that has super long range, Tracer dash, tracer heals (without the auto lock) and draining health that does way too much damage.

1) She doesn't autolock, at all. Have you even played her?
2) She doesn't have anything near the level of blink, and has three times the cooldown for only one charge, stacking zero times.
3) She's a support healer, healing is her thing.
4) She does less damage than Winston.

Stop getting out of position and dueling a hero that is favored to win.
Or do you also dive Reapers as Winston expecting to win, as well?
01/25/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Bullrose

Didn't think so.

Why would they need nerfs? They're balanced characters. Do you get how balancing works?
Genjis abilities have a long cool timer, his ultimate is pretty much only good on enemies with super low health or nano boost with rarely ever happens.

Tracer is a 150HP paper cannon who can easily get rekt.

Again, nobody seems to have a genuine argument other than "WE NEED MORE INTERESTING SUPPORT CHARACTERZ"
Moria isn't a interesting support character. Shes a overpowered/broken one.
01/25/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Nightsbane

yeah no... !@#$ off

DPS main defending a support <3
See, not all of them are like that. It's the vocal minority who wants support nerfs.
01/25/2018 03:01 PMPosted by DonnieDarko
01/25/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Bullrose

Didn't think so.

Why would they need nerfs? They're balanced characters. Do you get how balancing works?
Genjis abilities have a long cool timer, his ultimate is pretty much only good on enemies with super low health or nano boost with rarely ever happens.

Tracer is a 150HP paper cannon who can easily get rekt.

Again, nobody seems to have a genuine argument other than "WE NEED MORE INTERESTING SUPPORT CHARACTERZ"
Moria isn't a interesting support character. Shes a overpowered/broken one.

Every ability of genjis has a reset mechanic. He can easily kill an enemy team with little effort since his ultimate is not mitigated by anything except zarya and maybe support ultimate. You are clearly biased and deserve no attention at all.

Good day
I dont have a problem with the current moira, but when shields no longer works vs her orb she will be too good and of course get an overnerf.
01/25/2018 03:01 PMPosted by RavageDionne

1) She doesn't autolock, at all. Have you even played her?
2) She doesn't have anything near the level of blink, and has three times the cooldown for only one charge, stacking zero times.
3) She's a support healer, healing is her thing.
4) She does less damage than Winston.

Stop getting out of position and dueling a hero that is favored to win.
Or do you also dive Reapers as Winston expecting to win, as well?

1) She does, not to the extent as Symmetra but if the opponent is literally near to the center of the screen its impossible to get away from.
2) I never made that point, I was using that as an example of how hard it is to get away from. People shouldn't be running from support characters.
3) Again, never said she shouldnt heal. But the amount she heals to herself and others IMO is a bit much.
4) Who cares about Winston? We arent talking about him.
5) Thats hard to do when Moria seems to favor to win against most of the hero selection.
Your last point is meh, considering most things when playing are situational. If the Reaper was low and running yeah Id charge with Winston. If he wasnt then no I probably wouldn't wish to.

1. Reduce her range.
Fair enough if you want high damage, but you shouldn't be able to do it so far away. The tracer-esk dash can make up for the lost range. Then it would be a strong character and fair considering the character is more at risk being up close.

Her range is fine. She needs it to recharge her heals. You DO NOT want your healer to be leaving the back line to run towards the enemy because they ran out of healing resource and need to chase enemies to recharge it. It recharges VERY slow on its own. The 21m range is a no issue. It isn't lock on (the animation locks in to the center but if you don't track your target the beam breaks) and it does a small and limited damage (no headshots).

2. Reduce the damage. Want the range? Then lower the damage. Even though I would rather see her go with option A because even with lower damage jumping around dodging hits with auto aim attack still makes it a bit unfair but a skilled player can work around that.

Her damage is already low. 50dps. And the beam IS NOT AUTO AIM. The animation locks on but if you don't track your target the beam breaks contact. She can't headshot with it which means no matter what it does only 50dps and if you move out of 21m then she does a whopping 0 damage.

The only way for her to do more damage is to waste her orb on damage when the healing orb does more. And if she chooses to use her orb to deal extra damage there are even plenty of ways to deal with that:
Deflect
Defense Matrix
Moving out of its range. Move left or right or forward. Do not move backward or you will just follow its path.
Use your mobility/self sustain if your hero has it
Sticking with your team so multiple people eat the damage since it does a max of 200 damage before depleting.

3. Remove the auto lock. Explains itself, make it harder to hit the enemy and its more balanced and fair to the other players.

You can't remove something she doesn't have.

Edit* Also forgot to mention that if your team has any barriers then it makes it much more difficult to maintain her healing resource since she cannot recharge her healing resource with her damage orb.

There are things that Moira is very good at but she also has her weaknesses as well which is what makes her balanced.
Who's Moria?

Long cooldown, really? Swift Strike resets on elimination. SS, reset, SS reset, SS reset..

Tracer is a 150HP paper cannon who can easily get rekt

Her HP is buffered by the fact she has a tiny hitbox and can zip around the map making her difficult to hit.