You can get tokens for watching OWL now

General Discussion
.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7t43b6/watching_owl_with_your_bnet_account_linked_to/

so i checked my account and i got 2 tokens.

is here someone who watched all games and can tell me how many tokens you got?
Before anyone asks, I believe you have to watch it Live watching vods won't help. Guessing, it works same as CSGO and other esport games does, watch it live earn stuff and then redeem.
I'm pretty sure you could always get the league tokens when the league first came out, haven't got any tokens yet from watching though.
01/26/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Nero
I'm pretty sure you could always get the league tokens when the league first came out, haven't got any tokens yet from watching though.

Make sure your BattleNet account is linked, otherwise you won't receive any. To link:
Go to your Settings page on Twitch, then go to "Connections". There should be an option to link your Battle.net account among other things.
01/26/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Nero

i'm not sure.. i always though they would introduce tokens so i opened the OWL stream on my tablet while i did other stuff. so i "watched" a lot during week1 and week2 (week3 maybe one game).. so 2 tokens for watching week1&2 a lot seems low. :D
Now if only they were doing this from the beginning of The OWL
It's official: they're bribing people to watch OWL.
01/26/2018 05:31 AMPosted by lemonworld
.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7t43b6/watching_owl_with_your_bnet_account_linked_to/

Jesus, 2 tokens?

Welp, so much for bribing people to watch OWL matches. On the bright side, at least it'll weed out those people only watching the matches for Tokens, since they'll get upset at the pitiful amount of tokens gained
Anyone know how to link your account?
01/26/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Fireboy769
01/26/2018 05:31 AMPosted by lemonworld

Jesus, 2 tokens?

Welp, so much for bribing people to watch OWL matches. On the bright side, at least it'll weed out those people only watching the matches for Tokens, since they'll get upset at the pitiful amount of tokens gained

most leagues give out rewards for watching. so idk
2 tokens.
that's not even funny, it's just Blizzard spitting in your face.

Edit: For clarity, that's 50 matches watched live for 100 tokens.
as in, you will NOT get enough free tokens for a skin.
Sounds great for those of us in the EU who probably aren't going to sit up till 6am watching...
01/26/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Mirrorkat

there is a link in the reddit post ive linked. https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections

or you can just go to your twitch account settings and link it there.
01/26/2018 05:40 AMPosted by RegalRabbit
2 tokens.

More like they realize they are giving money or currency that transfers to a currency of usd. And realize that if they want to reward dedicated watchers this is a worth while use of such tokens.
01/26/2018 05:36 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
It's official: they're bribing people to watch OWL.
lol you bet they were panicking when they dropped below 50k views the other day
01/26/2018 05:45 AMPosted by lemonworld
01/26/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Mirrorkat

there is a link in the reddit post ive linked. https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections

or you can just go to your twitch account settings and link it there.
2 tokens.

well there are people who have gotten 9tokens.. so 2 tokens is probably not the basic number per match/map/round. maybe 1 tokens?

hopefully blizz releases an announcement soon.
2 tokens.

Or you could treat it as a reward for being a loyal fan and not a bribe? Yes, it exists to pump viewership numbers, but before it was talked about nobody really complained to asked for tokens.

Now that we have a way to get them for free by doing something we should have already been doing, people just complain. Be thankful that you get rewarded for being entertained, it's not that common.
Here's what I said in another thread already:

tbh, it doesn't matter what they bind this to. Even 2 tokens per game would be such a measly reward that it becomes worthless. That would mean you would have to watch 50 live matches for one skin. If it became 2 per hour, you would have to watch for almost two days straight with no sleep in between. And if it were days, OWL would be over before you even got a single skin out of it.

As long as these 2 tokens aren't given per minute, it's just not worth it. They need to at least up it to 10 or nobody is gonna bother with it. I know I won't.
01/26/2018 08:32 AMPosted by ĔǾŊ
2 tokens.

Or you could treat it as a reward for being a loyal fan and not a bribe? Yes, it exists to pump viewership numbers, but before it was talked about nobody really complained to asked for tokens.

Now that we have a way to get them for free by doing something we should have already been doing, people just complain. Be thankful that you get rewarded for being entertained, it's not that common.

I don't get why people are saying "hurdurr Blizzard is bribing people to watch OWL lol it's dying lololololololololol XDDD" when Blizzard already said they were gonna give tokens to people watching the OWL matches sooner or later. Some people really want the Overwatch League to die, don't they? Seriously, a guy made a thread about how they only had 40k viewers yesterday, even though the match literally just started and the view count raised up to 70k and then later 80k.