You can get tokens for watching OWL now

General Discussion
Why couldn't they do this when I started watching it on day 1? And then by day 2 I get bored. Then day three I give up. What is the point of just randomly throwing it in there and then giving only a pitiful amount?
01/26/2018 05:57 AMPosted by TheReinhardt
01/26/2018 05:36 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
It's official: they're bribing people to watch OWL.
lol you bet they were panicking when they dropped below 50k views the other day

01/26/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Alu
Why couldn't they do this when I started watching it on day 1? And then by day 2 I get bored. Then day three I give up. What is the point of just randomly throwing it in there and then giving only a pitiful amount?

The idea for token acquisition was supposed to be implemented from the beginning, which would've made sense. But for some reason the deal was "signed late" meaning the feature wasn't implemented at the start. IMO, very lazy on Blizzard's part considering OWL has been revealed for over a year, and probably in the works longer.

At that, most if not all eSports organizations or represented games offer some sort of in game reward for watching the event live. Call it bribery if you want, but I don't think it is.
01/26/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Alu

To weed out the people like you who don't give a damn about the OWL and just watch it only for the tokens and nothing else.
3 tokens. I'm !@#$ing rich
And for who lives in Europe has to watch the stream at 1/3/5 am. Great...
01/26/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Abeyenopixel
Before anyone asks, I believe you have to watch it Live watching vods won't help. Guessing, it works same as CSGO and other esport games does, watch it live earn stuff and then redeem.
Oh god I hope not. The earth being round and all, only giving tokens to people who watch live is pretty much screwing over about half the world population...
I'm enjoying watching the OWL. The Spitfire vs Uprising match was amazing. Any tokens are a bonus.
i have 5 tokens http://oi65.tinypic.com/24g3wgi.jpg
01/26/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Qube
01/26/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Abeyenopixel
Before anyone asks, I believe you have to watch it Live watching vods won't help. Guessing, it works same as CSGO and other esport games does, watch it live earn stuff and then redeem.
Oh god I hope not. The earth being round and all, only giving tokens to people who watch live is pretty much screwing over about half the world population...

i watch live from the uk. timing is usually awful but i haven't missed a game yet and i have been watching from "twitch /playoverwatch" instead of "twitch /overwatch league"
So if you're from EU you can't get tokens if you have to watch it live.

I mean the OWL is during nighttime, it's like 1 AM.
01/26/2018 08:51 AMPosted by すぐ楽にしてやる
3 tokens. I'm !@#$ing rich

lmao indeed :D :D
01/26/2018 10:05 AMPosted by PancakeKun
So if you're from EU you can't get tokens if you have to watch it live.

I mean the OWL is during nighttime, it's like 1 AM.

i'm in EU as well.. but my sleeping schedule is broken atm.. but if you care so much about it you could open the stream on your phone and just farm it i guess.
Luckily im very satisfied with all the new skins added in Blizzworld update, so yeah, so much for OWL skins
I probably would've opened twitch window in the background if it gave me free ingame credits, but tokens? Don't want to spend my internet on it =)
Though it's interesting how the whole OWL thing will go from now on, since they lose more and more viewers each day. I hope it fails miserably and blizz will finally start working on the actual game.
01/26/2018 05:40 AMPosted by RegalRabbit
2 tokens.
that's not even funny, it's just Blizzard spitting in your face.

Edit: For clarity, that's 50 matches watched live for 100 tokens.
as in, you will NOT get enough free tokens for a skin.

Its really shameful! Its so humble they really shouldn't do this in the first place. >.<
Better nothing then this pathetic way.
01/26/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Stefanonimo
And for who lives in Europe has to watch the stream at 1/3/5 am. Great...

So true!
I watched it all and get nothing.
Should be like watch 3 matches and get 100 tokens.
I watched all of week one minus Saturday, a little of week 2, and all of today... 0 tokens, lol
01/26/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Abeyenopixel
01/26/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Nero
I'm pretty sure you could always get the league tokens when the league first came out, haven't got any tokens yet from watching though.

Make sure your BattleNet account is linked, otherwise you won't receive any. To link:
Go to your Settings page on Twitch, then go to "Connections". There should be an option to link your Battle.net account among other things.

So that's how it works. I've been watching the games since it started and i never got tokens. (And no, i never typed those silly commands on the chatbox). Was thinking it was because the login button on the website was broken. Thanks.

Also, i doubt most will get enough tokens to buy a skin, so i don't think tokens are actually worth anything.
They are still experimenting with the system. Thats why you probably got 2 tokens. Maybe they turned it on for a sec.