I feel sorry for the devs

General Discussion
the devs try to accommodate for the opinions of everyone but the community has such polarising views especially this forum and the competitive subreddit. this forum generally defines fun by playing the hero they like the most whereas the subreddit defines fun by winning. both of which are perfectly fine but they are so different when it comes to opinions on topics like one-tricking.

people play this game with different motives so achieving balance that makes everyone happy is very hard. they said previously, that the "correct balance change" is not necessarily the best thing because the view of the community is very important. generally, the pro players are the ones that define true balance but obviously that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone because we are all not mechanical geniuses but what they say is still important.

that makes blizzards job so hard because one change might make one subgroup happy but make another so unhappy.
Sadly it's a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't kinda thing for them.
That's the problem, they're trying to please everyone

They need to listen to some credible criticism instead of "This hero keeps killing me pls nerf"
01/29/2018 12:54 PMPosted by JumpyLion
That's the problem, they're trying to please everyone

They need to listen to some credible criticism instead of "This hero keeps killing me pls nerf"
this
01/29/2018 12:53 PMPosted by BEASTLY
Sadly it's a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't kinda thing for them.

yep most of their decisions is just picking the lesser of two evils.
The problem, in my opinion, is they're listening to random people on Reddit, instead of the people here in Blizzard's own community.

If you ignore those "Pls nerf 'X'" threads, there's a surprising amount of credible criticism here on the forums, with plenty of video footage to explain things, should words alone not do the trick. Sadly, that's all being ignored.
Don't feel bad for Blizzard - they CHOSE to design the game in such a way where they attempt to please everyone at once.

And these are the problems that come with the territory.
01/29/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Halofreak90
The problem, in my opinion, is they're listening to random people on Reddit, instead of the people here in Blizzard's own community.

If you ignore those "Pls nerf 'X'" threads, there's a surprising amount of credible criticism here on the forums, with plenty of video footage to explain things, should words alone not do the trick. Sadly, that's all being ignored.

why isnt the subreddit their own community, they are players just like the rest of this forum. if you go on the subreddit, a lot of the time, they hold sensible and logical discussions about balance but since its very different to this forum, they see it as trash.

Said random people on Reddit also happen to be extremely passionate about the game, there is no reason why their opinions shouldn't be taken into account either.
01/29/2018 01:08 PMPosted by SputnikGT

Said random people on Reddit also happen to be extremely passionate about the game, there is no reason why their opinions shouldn't be taken into account either.
mention Symmetra should be viable in any thread and see what happens
01/29/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Eggcelsior
01/29/2018 01:08 PMPosted by SputnikGT

mention Symmetra should be viable in any thread and see what happens

Why does that even matter? Both sides have different opinions, both sides should be taken into account.
well its also kinda a compliment to the devs if people start one tricking heroes.. they just love them so much. all heroes have great personalities, voicelines, skins..