How are we supposed to use Valk now?

General Discussion
Honestly.
It grants no bonus rez and rez isn't instant, so now I don't need activate Valk to resurrect people because it has the same affect as outside of Valk. The chain healing isn't strong enough to outdo any other ultimate, so I don't need to make and clutch moves with that, unless I guess my entire team is at critical health, but that can still be healed easily without activating Valk. The only good and proper part of Valk is the ability to fly.
So, do I just save Valk for when I need to escape from an ulting Genji, or when I've been pushed off of a cliff and can't GA back up? I don't see any other way to use it.
The same way as before. You use it to push in with your team and win a team fight. Obviously, it's way worse at doing that than it was, but the use remains the same.
You it to push now I guess? Just pray you don't get shot out the air like a fighter jet while using it now.
I guess you use it when multiple teammembers are on low health. Resurrect will be impossible to use during Valkyrie now. How are you meant to res during Valkyrie when Valk is one of those ults you use when the entire enemy team is attacking YOUR team and vice versa? You can't just stand still for 2 seconds in the middle of a massive team fight and rez without dying. Res is going to be unusable during Valkyrie.

At least give Mercy an E ability she can actually use while ulting?
01/30/2018 11:54 AMPosted by LazyTitan
You it to push now I guess?

You always used it to push. Holding onto valk for the double rez is a classic mistake most of the time. Holding onto valk means the enemy Mercy will outpace you.
To start a team fight with that 60hps on your entire team.
Press Q and pray your teammates group up (They Will NEVER) and hope that McCree/ Soldier isn't smart enough to press Q.
01/30/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Zwei
Press Q and pray your teammates group up (They Will NEVER) and hope that McCree/ Soldier isn't smart enough to press Q.

If you Valk and get Q'd by Soldier/McCree it's literally your fault. Those are just ults you have to be aware of when Valking. If the enemy team has them, don't take to the skies while in valk.
You mean you no longer get an "I win button" for the team?

*worlds smallest violin playing*
its basically a Moria ult but you can fly loooool
Press Q when team is not yet dead and needs healing.
Why even use valk honestly I can push with a lucio ult cancel most explosion ults with and do the same with zenyata. Mercy can’t even effectively defender herself so why bother
Oh, silly mercy main, supports aren't supposed to be good! That might make genjis or tracers feel like they're slightly less important, and we can't have that!
01/30/2018 11:56 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
01/30/2018 11:54 AMPosted by LazyTitan
You it to push now I guess?

You always used it to push. Holding onto valk for the double rez is a classic mistake most of the time. Holding onto valk means the enemy Mercy will outpace you.

I never held on it double rez. Usually if one of my team members die and my team is advancing i'd pop valk, but now its just....

Anyways I've been playing more moira I'm ready for quad tank please.
Valkyrie becomes preemptive. So, it's press Q to initiate, and press E to ruin your enjoyment.
01/30/2018 11:58 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
01/30/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Zwei

If you Valk and get Q'd by Soldier/McCree it's literally your fault. Those are just ults you have to be aware of when Valking. If the enemy team has them, don't take to the skies while in valk.
They're long range ults with aimbot and you're telling me it's my fault for not being able to strafe my way out of aimbot attacks with infinite range?
it's more proactive than reactive..

you don't wait for people to die.. you use it when people get on point to attack or when your point gets attacked.
I was forced to fill Mercy last night, and used Valk a few times without rezzing once.

It's particularly useful pushing the last point on 2CP. Damage boost most or all of your team to get a clean team fight win and stop any stall, while having the ability to heal any teammate no matter where they are with your super heal and GA range. Not to mention it makes you almost impossible to kill in the push.

None of that will change. The best way to describe it is Valk was two ults in one. You could ult for insane survivability and support buffs, or to insta-rez two people. Both were as good as a normal ultimate. Now, it's just one ult.
01/30/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Zwei
01/30/2018 11:58 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
They're long range ults with aimbot and you're telling me it's my fault for not being able to strafe my way out of aimbot attacks with infinite range?

Yes? You have to be aware of them BEFORE you valk. Like...you know they have those ults. If it has been a few minutes since they last used it, or if the Soldier/McCree just fragged, you KNOW they have those ults.

If you need to valk and know they have those ults, valk behind cover and peek in and out while attaching your beam to allies. Its range is HUGE. Otherwise wait for the person with the anti-valk ult to die.
If you were using Valkyrie just for a second rez, you were using the ultimate wrong. Do you think Orisa's ult is good? Yes? Mercy's ult is arguably better and has a similar function.