How are we supposed to use Valk now?

General Discussion
On QP: use it whenever you wish to be flying dispencer
On comp: when your team push or enemy team push your possintion, simple as other ults
very very carefully. Its not a get out of jail card anymore. Dont be an idiot and valk into a mcree high noon.

And the problem with the old rez is that it was way too forgiving for mistakes made . The current rez is more punishing to those mistakes. say a junkrat tier or pulse bomb kills your tank as you group up to push, valk lets you get back into the fight and chain heal/damage into that fight, while the other team is down a dps ult. something short like rip tier and pulse bomb can be forgiven but something longer like tac visor, blade, and death blossom will still do damage, but with that chain healing, it gives your team more time to react and kill the dps ulting your team. Its just how you use it. be more tactical, less reactional.
Don't forget the flying is far worse and you can't escape anything with it. Moira, a turret, Soldier, McCree, Junkrat's tire... any of them can kill you easily because you can't get away from anything anymore.

So pretty much only useful for pushing in like it's an orisa ult (but worse) or using it when your team is low on health like it's transcendence (but worse).
Same way moira uses coalescence. Not clutch but useful during a team fight
Only as initiation and to gtfo and save yourself when in trouble.
While it won't save a team from ults the way Zen's does, it's still very good sustain that can easily last not just an initial push, but a whole fight.

Still wish it was more fun, but it's not useless by any means.
01/30/2018 11:53 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
The same way as before. You use it to push in with your team and win a team fight. Obviously, it's way worse at doing that than it was, but the use remains the same.

Before, I'd mainly use it to turn around a team fight or, especially, on 2CP attack when we'd aggressively push onto a point, take 2 losses, and then I'd bring them back. The nerf will make 2CP attacks harder to secure.

Now, I think Valkyrie is essentially like Moira's ult and mainly effective at initiating a fight. You need to coordinate with your team more to ensure everybody's on the same page about doing this to maximize its impact.
01/30/2018 11:53 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
The same way as before. You use it to push in with your team and win a team fight. Obviously, it's way worse at doing that than it was, but the use remains the same.

So a !@#$tier version of a Lucio ult? How does this make her balanced if its not even equal to that of another character in the game?
I use it when i am the only one left after a battle to get back to spawn without dying :S i dont think im using it correctly anymore. This feelsbadman!
01/30/2018 12:00 PMPosted by dradventure
Why even use valk honestly I can push with a lucio ult cancel most explosion ults with and do the same with zenyata. Mercy can’t even effectively defender herself so why bother
Because it lasts 15 seconds.
01/30/2018 12:04 PMPosted by TheKnaveDave
Don't forget the flying is far worse and you can't escape anything with it.

Then don't fly. Y'all know you can hold down control to go downwards during valk, yes?

Valk, AT WORST, makes Mercy more mobile on the ground. The flying helps, but obviously there are situations (e.g. against Soldier Tac Visor) where taking to the skies is a bad idea, and remaining grounded while in Valk is the smarter move.
01/30/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Spooky
If you were using Valkyrie just for a second rez, you were using the ultimate wrong. Do you think Orisa's ult is good? Yes? Mercy's ult is arguably better and has a similar function.

Mercy's ult has a 30% damage boost while Orisa has a 50% damage boost but Orisa can shoot and put down shields when she used her ult, Mercy has to channel her ability. So, if you are comparing Orisa and Mercy I would say that Orisa wins this one by a mile now.
01/30/2018 11:58 AMPosted by ZSSenpai
01/30/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Zwei
Press Q and pray your teammates group up (They Will NEVER) and hope that McCree/ Soldier isn't smart enough to press Q.

If you Valk and get Q'd by Soldier/McCree it's literally your fault. Those are just ults you have to be aware of when Valking. If the enemy team has them, don't take to the skies while in valk.

Just like when Mercy 1.0 pushed Q then it's literally your fault for not watching out for her. You have to be aware of Mercy 1.0. If the enemy team has one dont drop your guard. #DPSwatch #AwarenessSucks
01/30/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Macster
If you Valk and get Q'd by Soldier/McCree it's literally your fault. Those are just ults you have to be aware of when Valking. If the enemy team has them, don't take to the skies while in valk.

Just like when Mercy 1.0 pushed Q then it's literally your fault for not watching out for her. You have to be aware of Mercy 1.0. If the enemy team has one dont drop your guard. #DPSwatch #AwarenessSucks

I agree. I've been a supporter of 1.0 Mercy since the inception of her rework.
01/30/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Qwazi
01/30/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Spooky
If you were using Valkyrie just for a second rez, you were using the ultimate wrong. Do you think Orisa's ult is good? Yes? Mercy's ult is arguably better and has a similar function.

Mercy's ult has a 30% damage boost while Orisa has a 50% damage boost but Orisa can shoot and put down shields when she used her ult, Mercy has to channel her ability. So, if you are comparing Orisa and Mercy I would say that Orisa wins this one by a mile now.

But valks chain heal/damage boost is more mobile and also IT HEALS. Its not tied down by a stationary building.
Is this a troll post or something? Valk is fantastic, you can heal most of your entire team ridiculously fast. Rez isnt the only thing in her kit.
01/30/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Thee
its basically a Moria ult but you can fly loooool

Moira’s ult is better and more useful than valkyrie lol
01/30/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Macster

You took the words out of my mouth. It kind of sounds like "it's OK if the requirement for that awareness falls on someone else, but not me.:
This is one of the biggest nerfs I have ever seen...
You pick zen and use trans that’s how you valk