Anyone else At The Same Skill Rating For 5 Seasons?

General Discussion
I view myself as a very competitive person and when i approached Overwatch Like many others i instantly was drawn into the competitive scene like a Moth to a Porch light. The only problem is this Moth has been Hovering in the same spot for 5 seasons with no real pattern of development. Now Season 2 i peaked at 2400 and quickly reached 3499 by season 3, "i Know what your thinking..thats a jump of 1,000 SR". Yes i agree that is far from hovering and if things would keep progressing like this that would be great! Season 4 is where the troubles begin, I continued to progress up to my career high of 3849 and just went downhill from here. I ended that season, "season 4", at 2960... had some skill decay but just could not regain that SR :( season 5 i Reached 3300 and yet again dropped to 3000. season 6 i finished 3399 and Finally at season 7 i peaked at 3730 and finished at 3690. it took me 3 Seasons to get within 200 SR of my career high... WHY!! note: my Win/loss percentage has always been right around 60% with my main and overall around 50/55%. Share your SR stories please :)
nope

get gud
01/16/2018 11:37 AMPosted by heyyVirus
nope

get gud
That's what i posted this for, maybe get some advice from those who haven't been laying stagnant in the SR pool :(
Im no where near that skill level myself; but I can relate. Stuck in between Bronze and high Silver most of my OW career; no matter how much effort I put into my games. I have off nights like everyone else, and as soon as I notice that, I take a break. I also have amazing nights and feel like a true hero on my team.....but get very little to no reward for my efforts so im kind of bummed out on even continuing competitive anymore.

I really want S:76 golden gun though and im only 600-ish points away.... *sigh*
My friend found a team on Reddit and gained 500 SR in one day. (He was in mid gold, now high plat). I think it wouldn’t be that hard to find a team on reddit and climb. If you’ve stayed at the same place for that long that means you’re putting in the same amount of effort each season. Good luck.
You are where you are supposed to be.

Try focusing on your mechanical skill (aiming) and get better of positioning and game sense (know when to chase and to not chase even though you "might" get the kill,etc.)

Unfortunately some people just have this naturally better than others.
Could be worse, you could of been prestige 500 something and in the silver/gold region.... Oh wait.

--to be fair I had only played zen/healer up till now and trying to expand and get more serious ( I tell myself then give up)

I ain't the greatest but I try (:
Nope. This is the first season i have ever reached Grandmaster and Top 500. I’m happy.
01/16/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Neptune
My friend found a team on Reddit and gained 500 SR in one day. (He was in mid gold, now high plat). I think it wouldn’t be that hard to find a team on reddit and climb. If you’ve stayed at the same place for that long that means you’re putting in the same amount of effort each season. Good luck.

That is good advice, The only problem is i play on the Xbox one and i feel as if it's harder to find serious players on the console as opposed to PC. Worth a try tho :)
I notice huge fluctuations throughout the seasons. I'll drop way down and then go all the way back up again. Sometimes almost 1000sr difference. I'm only getting better at the game though so I'm not sure what's happening.

It is kind of fun when it drops me though, because then I just absolutely wreck every game I'm in.
01/16/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Starr
Could be worse, you could of been prestige 500 something and in the silver/gold region.... Oh wait.

--to be fair I had only played zen/healer up till now and trying to expand and get more serious ( I tell myself then give up)

I ain't the greatest but I try (:
I notice this a lot and that's the same way i feel, i feel as if i play great 80% of the time and no matter how much i contribute to the team the win/loss is never in my hands
Who are you playing so that your SR can fluctuate so much?
01/16/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Malmortus
I notice huge fluctuations throughout the seasons. I'll drop way down and then go all the way back up again. Sometimes almost 1000sr difference. I'm only getting better at the game though so I'm not sure what's happening.

It is kind of fun when it drops me though, because then I just absolutely wreck every game I'm in.
:) Im the same exact wwayy
I have thought the same thing, and I agree it is odd. But you also have to remember, this is a new game, and everyone else is improving as well. If you joined this game today, and then never improved your SR by season 14, then I'd say that's a little fishy.
01/16/2018 11:36 AMPosted by HappyFeet
Share your SR stories please :)

I sorta slowly improved from mid gold to about mid platinum.

That's about it.
I was for a whole 6, only went up this season.
01/16/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Thoven
Im no where near that skill level myself; but I can relate. Stuck in between Bronze and high Silver most of my OW career; no matter how much effort I put into my games. I have off nights like everyone else, and as soon as I notice that, I take a break. I also have amazing nights and feel like a true hero on my team.....but get very little to no reward for my efforts so im kind of bummed out on even continuing competitive anymore.

I really want S:76 golden gun though and im only 600-ish points away.... *sigh*

I was always stuck like that but then I started playing with two irl friends with voice comms and I went from bronze to gold this season. If you have that option, I'd recommend it.
01/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by BAD
Who are you playing so that your SR can fluctuate so much?
I mained Roadhog from season 2 thru Season 4, until he was nerfed into the ground :( so i mainly play soldier and widow
I was Silver with Gold Season High after Season 4 finished(my first one). Every season from then i got to a higher rank from the previous. I was close to make the rule completly true in season 7 when i missed Masters by 8 SR. Now i don't have much time to play the game. I decayed and now i will probably play a little worse. I don't know if i get to finish the placements in season 8.

I experienced a constant improvement till now when i stopped playing regulary.
Season 3 (aka my first Season. Joined in the middle): Got into High-Gold. Not bad for first placement
Seasons 4-6: Still High Gold with little to no differences
Season 7: High Platinum finally!

And you know what's the catch with Season 7?

In Seasons 4-6, I won the majority of my Placements
In Season 7, I only won 1 Placement Match.

So apparently according to this game, winning matches means you're gonna get nothing while losing literally all of your placements means you're due a promotion to the next rank?