Recent dev update, but nothing for plat and lower?

Competitive Discussion
So I've watched the recent video you've posted, some good news and bad news for some of course. The one thing that greatly disappoints me however, especially after hearing that community feedback is listened to, is a popular topic on performance based SR or any competitive play changes/improvements for platinum and lower. This topic was missing from the video. Why?

Those in platinum or lower tiers deserve attempts at getting a fairer or better competitive experience as much as the higher tiers, right now during the daytime it feels so random and very much like quick play in platinum and lower tiers (typically stomp or be stomped). The group SR gap of 1000 is insanely huge and should be toned down. PBSR should either be fine tuned, nerfed or even removed for more than just the minority of players. The sudden switch from PBSR to non-PBSR or vice versa, when you climb or fall, feels unpleasant as it feels like there's a barrier around 2900 to 3100 of fallen one tricks or non-team players, smurfs and finally try hards trying to climb. I mainly play late at night now as games feel much better compared to during the day.

Please stop with this silence and at least tell the community that it is something you are at least closely monitoring, as right now it feels like it's something you are ignoring. Thanks in advance.
Why would you want NO performance based SR in plat and below? That's like allowing a smurf to go full rampant crazy for about 50-60 games before finally getting to Diamond. It's not that Plat players and below are bad, it's just that Diamond players and above can better deal with Smurfs.
01/26/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Hauven
Those in platinum or lower tiers deserve attempts at getting a fairer or better competitive experience as much as the higher tiers,

Nah, we don't. We are third quality people for Blizz and no one cares about us swarming in mud puddle below diamond tier.
01/26/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Civerion
That's like allowing a smurf to go full rampant crazy for about 50-60 games before finally getting to Diamond

Which will actually help some other people to advance alongside him as well.
Platinum needs the same treatment Diamond got. It gets tough to get out of Platinum when your around 2900s. Some reason you end up getting throwers or leavers. Or forced to join a 5 stack vs a 6 stack. This never happened when I was climbing from 2484 to 2899.

Once I hit 2900s, yep, was forced into a losing game and drop below 2800s again. I got lucky and matched to win about 6 games in a row from 2866 to 3015
01/26/2018 03:28 AMPosted by BlazeNaruto
Platinum needs the same treatment Diamond got. It gets tough to get out of Platinum when your around 2900s. Some reason you end up getting throwers or leavers. Or forced to join a 5 stack vs a 6 stack. This never happened when I was climbing from 2484 to 2899.

Once I hit 2900s, yep, was forced into a losing game and drop below 2800s again. I got lucky and matched to win about 6 games in a row from 2866 to 3015

I concur. I've been stuck at 2800-29xx all season, the games are so random at this point.
Why would you want NO performance based SR in plat and below? That's like allowing a smurf to go full rampant crazy for about 50-60 games before finally getting to Diamond. It's not that Plat players and below are bad, it's just that Diamond players and above can better deal with Smurfs.

Sorry but they already do rampant crazy things anyway. Smurfs can deliberately control their rank more easily with PBSR by simply performing bad for some games and then stomping games again. Carrying teammates unfairly or dropping opponents unfairly in the process.

01/26/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Chronos1121
Those in platinum or lower tiers deserve attempts at getting a fairer or better competitive experience as much as the higher tiers,

Nah, we don't. We are third quality people for Blizz and no one cares about us swarming in mud puddle below diamond tier.

Haha I know the feeling.

01/26/2018 03:28 AMPosted by BlazeNaruto

Agreed, 2900-3100 is pretty bad, especially during the day. I've found so far the only way to have better matches and thus climb more easily is to play at night. Presumably this is when most of the casuals or smurfs aren't around. What I do now is use my main account at night and my alt accounts during the day (for practice primarily). My alt accounts are low to mid platinum while this one is low diamond currently and has been on a huge win streak pretty much (7-1, 5-1, 2-0 for the last three nights I've played). I even had a team where we had a Widow, Hanzo, Pharah, Reinhardt, some other tank (can't remember) and me as Mercy and we still won!

Because it will help derank the bad players do grief their teams and stay afloat with 30-40% win rates. Smurfs are much smaller problem than non-team players and I'd rather have a smurf than a troll.
01/26/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Tolfdir

Because it will help derank the bad players do grief their teams and stay afloat with 30-40% win rates. Smurfs are much smaller problem than non-team players and I'd rather have a smurf than a troll.

how about have a troll and be against a smurf?
If you're struggling to climb out of plat you probably belong there, accept it.

Your awareness, mechanical skill and or game sense are holding you back.
01/26/2018 05:07 AMPosted by monkaS

Yeah and the rest of your team isn't a factor at all in a team based game, because logic!
01/26/2018 05:12 AMPosted by DrinkyCrow

Yeah and the rest of your team isn't a factor at all in a team based game, because logic!

If this is your opinion then why do you want them to remove the part of the SR rewards that is least influenced by your team?

People like you is why the game is so toxic. Some people actually can climb out of Platinum into Diamond by it depends on your team. I had games where people refused to group up. Moira is not good healing people who refuse to group up together. I also cannot build an ult like that unless I use damage orb all the time which enemies are smart to run away from.

You get Moira's ult faster by healing your team and only using the damage orb to throw into the enemy spawn and retreat. Sometimes using the damage orb to take out an enemy healer. I do worry about my own play-style more than my teams' but they are still a big factor if you win or loss.

Once you hit Diamond, it no longer performance based and is all based on if you win or loss. I won my first Diamond game of the Season and went from 3015 to 3040. I will get 1 win 3-4 days from now on though.

I solo que but would like to go higher.
So I've watched the recent video you've posted, some good news and bad news for some of course. The one thing that greatly disappoints me however, especially after hearing that community feedback is listened to, is a popular topic on performance based SR or any competitive play changes/improvements for platinum and lower. This topic was missing from the video. Why?

Those in platinum or lower tiers deserve attempts at getting a fairer or better competitive experience as much as the higher tiers, right now during the daytime it feels so random and very much like quick play in platinum and lower tiers (typically stomp or be stomped). The group SR gap of 1000 is insanely huge and should be toned down. PBSR should either be fine tuned, nerfed or even removed for more than just the minority of players. The sudden switch from PBSR to non-PBSR or vice versa, when you climb or fall, feels unpleasant as it feels like there's a barrier around 2900 to 3100 of fallen one tricks or non-team players, smurfs and finally try hards trying to climb. I mainly play late at night now as games feel much better compared to during the day.

Please stop with this silence and at least tell the community that it is something you are at least closely monitoring, as right now it feels like it's something you are ignoring. Thanks in advance.

PBSR helps rid the lower ranks of smurfs and higher-rank new accounts. The PBSR has issues in any rank of course, but to me it helps in the lower ranks more than it hurts because it simply makes the games more fair by getting rid of people who shouldn’t be there faster.
01/26/2018 08:28 AMPosted by SquidKD

PBSR helps rid the lower ranks of smurfs and higher-rank new accounts. The PBSR has issues in any rank of course, but to me it helps in the lower ranks more than it hurts because it simply makes the games more fair by getting rid of people who shouldn’t be there faster.

Smurfs can deliberately control their rank more easily with PBSR by simply performing bad for some games and then stomping games again. Carrying teammates unfairly or dropping opponents unfairly in the process.

While in reality it should help with that, it doesn't. Smurfs can just deliberately manage they are far easier than without PBSR. PBSR also has tons more down sides than up sides.

Some of them...
- Encourages individual plays over teamwork
- Encourages one tricking and far less flexing as this kind of behaviour is rewarded more
- Discourages creative strategies and tactics that might yield a victory but less in the way of performance based statistics
- Encourages players to go DPS more than healer, as it seems DPS generally lose less or gain more SR overall
- Encourages bad plays such as Reinhardt being overly aggressive instead of shielding his teammates more (to get those eliminations and damage), or Mercy to resurrect as much as possible whether or not the team fight is lost, in other words... stat padding

Those are just a few of the issues, I'm sure I've missed a few but I've highlighted these problems in other posts too.
The removal of performance based sr has changed nothing. You're not missing out
I think the reason lower ranks want the removal is you normally get 3 sometimes 4 insta lock dps the prob is most people gold/silver or bronze are cross eye hill billies that cant hit the side of a barn with a rock. At least with the removal of PBSR it might encourage some semblance of a team composition .
01/26/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Arzoo

If this is your opinion then why do you want them to remove the part of the SR rewards that is least influenced by your team?

Swapping characters is especially needed in plat because you have people that have no idea what team comp is, so you're constantly trying to balance things out and not getting rewarded for it. Sticking to one character an entire match is guaranteed to give you more SR gains, so people don't swap even though they are being countered. This needs to change.
01/26/2018 04:35 AMPosted by silvertain

how about have a troll and be against a smurf?

I prefer to be against a surf than with a troll (or with a bad team in general). The smurf punishes you harder for your mistakes, so I will take it as a free lesson. There are no unbeatable smurfs.
01/26/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Arzoo

I wouldn't say least influenced by your team...as if you have a team that just gives up there is little impact you can have as 1v6 but i'm sure you will tell me otherwise