D.Va = OP

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 14 Next
01/29/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Nobridgibup
"D.Va has been changed too much and is underpowered" Incoming from D.Va mains. I respond with the fact that her stats are by far the best for off-tank.
My favorites are the D.Va mains who still claim that she's too squishy and need her 100 health/400 armor stats back.

It's like they're living on a different planet than the rest of us.

Beyond that, I thought that she wasn't supposed to be able to fire her missiles while using DM. I mean, she obviously can so I'm just not sure if I'm misremembering Jeff or Geoff talk about her missiles.
The term OP is really losing its value now.
Do you even know guys how she was before? lol

I like to talk with new players, it really looks like they don't care about the past.
01/29/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Arandmoor
"D.Va has been changed too much and is underpowered" Incoming from D.Va mains. I respond with the fact that her stats are by far the best for off-tank.
My favorites are the D.Va mains who still claim that she's too squishy and need her 100 health/400 armor stats back.

Beyond that, I thought that she wasn't supposed to be able to fire her missiles while using DM. I mean, she obviously can so I'm just not sure if I'm misremembering Jeff or Geoff talk about her missiles.

Until D.Va has 2000 HP and armor + ironclad she will be squishy according to d.va mains

And according to stats, she loses her mech on average as other tanks die.

But unlike them she can get it back in 2 separate ways

And before someone says that self deatruct doesn't count as a mech death:

If the mech was at more than 1 HP when the self destruct was initiated then yes, it is not a mech death

But if mech reached 1 hp and self destruct was activated, it will count as a mech death.

Dont believe me? Test it for yourself. I did.

So yeah

D.Va mains are mostly living on an another planet.
Pick your poison OP; either you get defensive dva or aggressive dva.
01/29/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Freethinker

"Defensive"

Was used aggressively as much as it was usef defensively.

Should you, of all people, even complain about the tankiness of characters, Mr. Grenade and shift+M2 for easy kill? I mean, the only reason Dva doesn't melt in a second is because you can't utilize her critbox with your nades. I, personally, am not saying Junkrat is OP, but if you really want to call other characters OP, you should probably start looking at your main first and then contemplate about this some more.
01/29/2018 01:38 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
So yeah

D.Va mains are mostly living on an another planet.

At least 4 D.Va mains read my post.
Asa D.va main that frequently plays dps i love if the enemy team has a dva. You can get a soldier ult every other teamfight.
01/29/2018 01:40 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

"Defensive"

Ah, you can count on TwixSnickers to appear wherever there is a Dva thread. Still complaining about her like clockwork, I see.

As for her aggressiveness, well...that was the point of her entire rework. People disliked her defensive nature, so they butchered it in favor for offense. As someone who seemed to hate DM so much, one would expect you would favor that change.
01/29/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Endlave

"Defensive"

Ah, you can count on TwixSnickers to appear wherever there is a Dva thread. Still complaining about her like clockwork, I see.

As for her aggressiveness, well...that was the point of her entire rework. People disliked her defensive nature, so they butchered it in favor for offense. As someone who seemed to hate DM so much, one would expect you would favor that change.

I am favoring the change

I am mostly fine with new D.Va

I was speaking about old D.Va and matrix abuse.
01/29/2018 01:46 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
01/29/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Endlave

I am favoring the change

only that you couldn't really use it "aggressively" before as you couldn't attack while you popped it. Sure, you could follow your winston and shield him, but even that would be a defensive use.
01/29/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Endlave
Really, forums? Really? Wanting more Dva nerfs again? Perhaps yet another rework?

I just want her to go back to the way she was in late 2016. 400 armour, 200 HP, no stupid missiles, and 6-second DM. You know, when she was an actual tank.
01/29/2018 01:38 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Until D.Va has 2000 HP and armor + ironclad she will be squishy according to d.va mains
It's always funny when the crowd who constantly bellows for nerfs/reworks to whatever part of her kit "Feels anti-fuuunnn!" today, always gets exactly what they asked for, even if it contradicts what they were asking for last time ("We can't have everything? That's weeb talk!") and then pitches a fit over the fact that Blizzard keeps compensating said nerfs/reworks instead of giving them the free kill they actually wanted tries to play the Victim/"You guys are spoiled!" cards
01/29/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Petersen
Really, forums? Really? Wanting more Dva nerfs again? Perhaps yet another rework?

I just want her to go back to the way she was in late 2016. 400 armour, 200 HP, no stupid missiles, and 6-second DM. You know, when she was an actual tank.

Hah, I would sign this instantly. Nothing beats eating entire ults. But that's not "fun", so that's not allowed. So we got missiles to delete squishies, but that's also not "fun" and therefore not allowed. So I wonder in which regard we will get shafted next.
What does a balanced Dva look like? What would a balanced Dva excel at, what is her role in the team? Should balanced Dva be played aggressively or defensively? What does she actually do, or not do, where everyone will be happy with where she's at?
Dva’s fine. /s
01/29/2018 01:53 AMPosted by Gunakor
What does a balanced Dva look like? What would a balanced Dva excel at, what is her role in the team? Should balanced Dva be played aggressively or defensively? What does she actually do, or not do, where everyone will be happy with where she's at?

According to these forums, a balanced Dva excels at dying and feeding ult while occassionally shielding them from Hog's shotgun whenever their outpositioned a$$es get pulled.
Ah, yes, the good ol' forums !@#$%^-*!@: let's nerf D.Va, again!
No, let's not. Blizz has other characters that need changes, and since "balancing peeps" is as rare as lithium, better not waste it.

Less total HP (buff to her counters Zarya and Mei) with more armor (nerf to Tracer and Soldier) would be actually nice. Apparently, according to someone from your side, 100/400 is the same or worse than 400/200, so you shouldn't mind if it happens.

Yeah, we're on Earth. You're somewhere past Saturn. What changed in the past 6 months ? Why didn't you cry back when she got reworked ? Oh wait, you were happy, telling us to adapt and git gud.
How about YOU adapt and git gud ?

"Defensive"

You weren't playing the game in H1 2017 ? Playing D.Va aggressively was suicide. Not enough damage to actually dive. All she had was DM to protect Winston or her supports.

01/29/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Petersen

4 seconds. DM never lasted 6 seconds.
01/29/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Endlave
01/29/2018 01:46 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

I am favoring the change

only that you couldn't really use it "aggressively" before as you couldn't attack while you popped it. Sure, you could follow your winston and shield him, but even that would be a defensive use.

Yes because D.Va is one person on the team and she doesn't have 5 teammates

Because it's fun getting slashed by dragonblade and the genji is mostly untouchable while matrix is on him. You know what else is fun? When Phahah erases 4 people because she manages to get an entire barrage off since her teammate is matrixing her

While technically "defensive" it was used just as much if not more for offense purpose than for reacting to something.