[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 153 154 155 237 Next
#RevertMercy - Because a pinned thread about the most popular hero with more than 2,900 posts, filled with their distaste of your changes to her, is proof of huge concern that should be addressed, not of merit and ignored.
I’ve been playing as Mercy for a few hours and I have to ask, what is the point of her ult? it can’t heal through anything except winston and moira (as long as they’re not nanoboosted), and using rez during it is pointless unless the team fight is over and we won. the damage boost is good, but other than that it won’t save my team from a genji ult or really anything for that matter.

can we maybe boost her healing during her ult so it actually feels more like a support ult and like I can actually do something for my team? because right now it feels like crap.
#RevertMercy - Because strategically staying alive, healing your team, and then pulling off a team res at the right moment where it counts was real empowerment. Not flying in the skybox for 12 seconds with infinite bullets and a "please sacrifice me" button when ressing in Valkyrie.
02/07/2018 04:36 PMPosted by xavvypls
#RevertMercy - Because an Ultimate as an E move on a fixed cooldown is not balanced, and never will be.

Nobody likes revive on a cool-down, we can all agree it needs to be moved back to her ultimate.

Personally I feel you can still keep some aspects of Valkyrie in her ultimate to keep her more interactive.

Two seconds to revive someone in the middle of a fight though is too situational and rarely used at the moment. At least reduce the cast time by half..
02/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by xavvypls
#RevertMercy - Because a pinned thread about the most popular hero with more than 2,900 posts, filled with their distaste of your changes to her, is proof of huge concern that should be addressed, not of merit and ignored.

Actually, it's well over 15,000 posts. Just on the PTR and forum megathreads alone, and I'd wager another few thousand from people complaining about her outside of the megathread.
#RevertMercy - Because for 99% of the player base all you had to do was fix her SR and add a counter or method to allow people to stop Resurrection from completing. You chose to balance the game to satisfy the OWL and top few percent of players who were really just salty that they made a bad play and the Mercy punished them for it. In the process you threw the balance for the entire community under the bus for half a year. Before the rework she wasn't nearly as big of a problem to anyone except the fragile pride of people who made stupid plays.

#RevertMercy and go from there in retuning her as needed.
I wonder if they could make it so Mercy gets 5 rez-charges in Valkyrie, lower the duration to 12 seconds, but make the rez have a a cast time of 0,8 seconds (no slow though!) and a 1 second cooldown - if someone was suicidal enough to try to go for a x5 rez they would spend at least 9 seconds just rezzing/waiting for the cooldown without being able to heal, so they wouldn't really get any value from the chained beams in addition to the rezzes. There would be ample time for the enemy to try to counter her and kill her and anyone she had time to rez - x5 rezzes would be very rare and the result of some very skilled play on the Mercy's side (and extreme ineptitude on the enemy side). However, the Mercy could also use her ult to get two back in the fight and get a fair share of healing/boosting done. Or she could use her whole ult to heal/boost her teammates if she so wishes.

It would be sort of a compromise between Mass Rez and Valkyrie, and because of the cast time/cooldown she wouldn't be able to get full value from both at the same time. It would make the ult versatile and give the player the power to decide for themselves how to use it best. And then we can remove her current E and give her something actually worthwhile for the mid-fight.
Jeff is being super active on the forums as of right now. Any chance we can get an update on what the Dev team thinks on Mercy's current situation? That would be fantastic.
02/07/2018 05:38 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
Jeff is being super active on the forums as of right now. Any chance we can get an update on what the Dev team thinks on Mercy's current situation? That would be fantastic.

I'm sorry.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761616811

It seems it was a lost cause from the beginning. Would have preferred to hear it here first, but... oh well.
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.
May she rest in peace.
I took a break from Overwatch due to a tough work schedule.

Came back to seeing my main become trash.

Thanks Jeff (sarcasm)
02/07/2018 05:41 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.
May she rest in peace.

Talk about being out of touch. Not you by the way, the post you responded to.
Yep it's pretty trash. Nerf her into boring as hell to playness then call it balanced. That seems about right for Blizz.
While I'd have been okay with a revert, the fact that we know we won't get one doesn't really bother me. This is the part that I hate though:
We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

She's definitely still viable, the thing is that she doesn't feel as good to play now.

Even EeveeA, who thinks the nerfs weren't too bad and still continues to play and somewhat enjoy Mercy (mainly her mobility afaik), said that Mercy's kit doesn't flow very well right now. Rez needs to either be earned or removed and replaced. On a cooldown it can't be balanced without feeling horrible to use (the cast time and slow).
02/07/2018 05:45 PMPosted by SaintBoot
... May she rest in peace.

Talk about being out of touch. Not you by the way, the post you responded to.

Definitely sucks to hear...
02/07/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Pokono
02/01/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write up thoughtful feedback here. We're reading the responses daily.

Worst and most bland blue post, this is just trying to damage control

It's his way of telling us to go fu<k ourselves.
02/07/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
These heroes are on our balance list:

Mei
Sombra
Symmetra
Doomfist
Torbjorn
Hanzo
So basically we are stuck with this version of Mercy. I'm really happy that they just decided to change things and then stare at the pickrate. This is grand. I'm so happy that Mercy was changed with no real thought that you play videogames for fun.

I'm ready to hide just so I can survive one rez. I'm ready to fall asleep while I hold M1 in the sky. I'm ready to get yelled at even though my rez is on its 30 second cool down. I'm ready for Mercy being painful to play forever.

I bought my golden gun for the Mercy I loved and now she is just chilling to play. You wanted her involved in fights and you did the exact opposite. 3000 CP down the drain, and a dead healer follows. A+ Blizz you extinguished her pickrate.

May she rest in peace.

I absolutely love how it took them 5 monthes to say this. But seriously Jeff this is ridiculous, you will NEVER balance Rez as a cooldown E ability without it being effective, Tie rez to an ultimate in some way shape or form, right now it's just bad, I had more fun playing Season 2 Mercy
As in UNDERPOWERED AND OBSELETE MERCY
THAT was more fun then this garbage!!!!!!
It's kinda the end for me then with regards to Mercy. Not because we're not getting a revert (I never expected it to begin with) but because they seem content to leave her where she is now, and that is more than I can stomach. She's not fun, she has no discernible impact that can be found without using a microscope, and she has no soul anymore. She's a walking and flying battery, there to serve for the glory of her teammates. When you attempt to rez you skulk around the battlefield like a burglar at night, hoping nobody will see you. When you ult you put your mind in rest mode and take the time to catch up on what's happening on Facebook.

There is no reward for playing her, because she doesn't feel rewarding anymore. Might as well give her back her increased fire rate and damage during Valkyrie so I at least can take out my anger and frustration on the enemy team and actually do something useful with her ult.
Posted by Jeff Kaplan

Can someone explain why people keep talking about her stats when this entire thread has admitted she's still viable? Why are her stats the reason they refuse to revert when that's not the main reason the rework was a fail? Why was her original kit never tweaked because the stats showed she couldn't compete as well in high elo?
I'm just confused as to why that's more important than how engaging and fun she is within the game.