[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 161 162 163 237 Next
hmm. I think it's time for some Overwatch abstinence.

Posted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

Time playing any hero since
02/07/2018 05:37 PM
=

Time watching OWL since
=

I consider not having a proper ultimate horrible.
Please fix Mercy's ultimate
02/08/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Moot

Posted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

when and were did he say that?
Please respond to this!

Mercy’s ability is unique but aren’t abilities supposed to be used during a fight often to sway the battle in favour of your team?
Why does Mercy have that long of a cooldown still?
Abilities like anti-nade and sleep dart, Lucios Boop and Zenyattas discord can provide great impact on a low cooldown so why shouldn’t Mercy have the benefit of an ability that is on a lower cooldown?
Mercy’s Resurrect ability needs to be reduced to 10 seconds and here are my reasons for it.
- The first reason is that an ability should be able to sway a teamfight more often than an ultimate can.
- There is no reason that the ability should not be reduced because Mercy already gets punished hard enough when using it anyways.
- The ability takes skill to use now so there should be a low Cooldown which will promote Mercy players to look for that mid fight resurrect more often.
- Currently the ability is used after the fight or before the fight happens and Mercy players don’t really have an incentive to go for a mid fight Resurrect. Putting it on a shorter cooldown will bring back that risk factor Mercy players enjoyed back with Mercy 1.0 and will promote awareness and decision making on who to Resurrect.
- This is to help defend my argument “It will promote Ressurect to be used more,” and my counter to that is why not? Mercy already gets punished hard by the ability anyways so people that use the ability more and take risky Resurrect chances should be rewarded.
- It would feel less punishing to the Mercy player if they get CC’d or killed before they finish Resurrect.
- Mercy is in a slow channeled animation for 1.75 seconds if the enemy team can’t deal with that then that should be the problem of the enemy team for not dealing with the Mercy not the Mercy player.
- I was playing Total Mayhem for the Resurrect reduced cooldown just to see how it worked and it felt so fluid for her. Even if I didn’t get the Resurrect off it didn’t feel as punishing and disheartening as it does with the 30 second cooldown.
- Having the shorter cooldown will make Mercy feel more engaging during team fights because she will be actively looking to Resurrect fallen allies in a fight which will make her kit a lot more fun than what it is now.
- It will promote awareness from Mercy players something that they miss with 1.0 and the risk and reward for completing a successful Resurrect will make her feel better and more fun. Something which she is lacking currently is the fun factor.
- Having a shorter cooldown will really show the good Mercy players from the bad ones. Good Mercy players will be able to pull off multiple Resurrects during a fight without being killed or CC’d where as bad Mercy players will die more often if they are not careful.
- The enemy team should be able to mitigate Mercy’s Resurrects since it’s already very punishable for her to use, players already capitalize on her Resurrects anyways since it’s been 4 months of the cast time slow animation so by now they should know how to deal with it but giving Mercy a shorter cooldown will make her feel more fun and the Good Mercy players will shine.

The next issue is Valkyrie:
- The ultimate feels stale and boring to use. There is no difference between what she does normally versus what she does in Valkyrie.
- There needs to be a Health Per second increase to 120 Health per second, and a Damage boost increase to 45%
- It would be less healing than a Moira ultimate and it would be less Damage Boost than an Orisa Super charger. But the benefit to Valkyrie is she has the ability to switch between the two.
- The ultimate should then be changed to 10 seconds. That would make sure Mercy couldn’t use two Resurrects during her ultimate, and it would be less healing than Zenyatta which would still separate the two as well.
- Keep the nerf to the GA speed and the cast time on Resurrect to make sure Mercy players are more focused on keeping their team alive during a fight rather than waiting for a Resurrect.

Please try this out on the PTR. I’m begging you! This would make Mercy a lot more fun and engaging but still would reduce her must pick status. Mercy players should benefit from the poor awareness and lack of reaction from other players. It will promote that mid fight ability to be used which she lacks on Live currently. Valkyrie having a boost in power will make her ultimate feel a lot better to use as well.
02/08/2018 08:22 AMPosted by glenmorangie

<span class="truncated">...</span>

[/quote]

when and were did he say that?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761616811#post-7
Oh gee, who saw this coming?

"We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable." "Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect." "But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest." "Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW."

Dayum. Heartbreaking for ya'll to handle.
I'm positive the devs don't even play or test supports before making smart and useful changes then since they said supports are very powerful and can change the outcome of the game. What? With Symm completely incarcerated in flames while Ana and Mercy thrown into the bin and Lucio just hanging at the edge for dear life I'm afraid for Moira. Been playing more DPS recently but I definitely have been playing much less Overwatch now. There are better FPS shooters out there. I believe streamers are also playing less Overwatch recently since demand just isn't as high as it used to and the state of the game is in disarray.
02/08/2018 08:31 AMPosted by m29a

"We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable." "Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect." "But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest." "Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW."

Shows how incompetent and inefficient they are at making decisions and changes to the heroes (especially the supports).
02/08/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Chiana
Mercy's now in the Ana rut. 6+ months from now the dev's may tweak this shambolic mess a little, but not enough to make our beloved Mercy great again.

Continuing to play her will make the devs think you like the changes. Let this version of Mercy go, it's the only shot we have of plummeting the numbers and getting something maybe useful back.

For any Mercy mains like myself who will stick around, but will be playing different characters - keep collecting her skins in case there's a positive change down the line.
I definitely support what you say. And as a Mercy main I’ll be collecting every skin/emote/spray she gets in the upcoming months. But I’m NOT going to keep playing her, because Jeff base all design choices on data alone though, if we stop playing Mercy, Jeff may consider to give her a buff. Ana and widowmaker mains have been in the same situation before. For Widowmaker, nerfed into the ground and after 8 months of non stop feedback, Jeff gave her a huge buff.
Well, in the whole mess, it made me do one thing more, which is damage boosting. It's something, I guess... :V At least it makes Valkyrie not be totally sightseeing mode.
Blizzard, you need change Mercy's ult name from "Valkyrie" to " I can fly" cuz really its the only it does right now, doesnt feel like an ult at all.
02/08/2018 08:33 AMPosted by ChivasUK
02/08/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Chiana
Mercy's now in the Ana rut. 6+ months from now the dev's may tweak this shambolic mess a little, but not enough to make our beloved Mercy great again.

Continuing to play her will make the devs think you like the changes. Let this version of Mercy go, it's the only shot we have of plummeting the numbers and getting something maybe useful back.

For any Mercy mains like myself who will stick around, but will be playing different characters - keep collecting her skins in case there's a positive change down the line.
I definitely support what you say. And as a Mercy main I’ll be collecting every skin/emote/spray she gets in the upcoming months. But I’m NOT going to keep playing her, because Jeff base all design choices on data alone though, if we stop playing Mercy, Jeff may consider to give her a buff. Ana and widowmaker mains have been in the same situation before. For Widowmaker, nerfed into the ground and after 8 months of non stop feedback, Jeff gave her a huge buff.

Agreed.
02/08/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Moot
hmm. I think it's time for some Overwatch abstinence.

Posted by Jeff Kaplan

Time playing any hero since
=

Time watching OWL since
=

I consider not having a proper ultimate horrible.
Please fix Mercy's ultimate
Yep.
No loot boxes have been bought since the rework was announced. I used to buy them as a show of support for this game.

Haven’t bothered watching OWL because of the Mercy debacle. Didn’t even pick the free skin.

Haven’t played since these most recent nerfs.

I don’t feel like playing with the game, especially Mercy, in this state. And if they do decide to fix her unfun problem, it will be like half a year or more before that even takes place. Which is sad because that means I will miss Uprising, which is my favorite event.
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

This. This is all the proof I needed.

I wanted to uninstall this game after the 3rd nerf hit, but I still had within me a little bit of hope that the Dev team would finally grow some brains and stop being OWL's puppets, toxic and loud *** mains' puppets, that they would stop ignoring our opinions/complains/suggestions.. Seems like I had a little too much faith on Blizzard. They only care about what will bring them money and that's it folks. This is our proof. They didn't even have the empathy to cease the matter here on the "main thread", that's how much they care about us.

They are all one of the same, and it was stupid of me to think that maybe they were different from other companies.

It's time to pack our bags, friends. We never belonged here.
#RipMercy #RipOverwatch
Since my post got locked as expected, gonna move it here:

"If you are not reverting her, rework her"
Her ultimate is still garbage and people who cry me to the rez run to the battle and die in 1 second, and now I have to wait 30 seconds to use E again. Completely wasted.

Make rez earnable. Just like my dear Torb's scrap, Moira's full healing meter or Zarya's maximum charge.

And yes, guys, I play something else, not only Mercy. I love playing Moira and Zen more than Mercy, but she still has a space in my heart. Having 47 hours as her doesn't mean I don't play something else. I have 25 hours as Ana, 20 as Zenny, 18 as Lúcio, 15 as Symm and currently climbing to 13 hours as Moira, who is my favorite support at the moment and my must pick. Oh! And I love playing tank and DPS a lot, how cool is that?

OH WAIT? Who cares!?

You will lock this thread because you don't hear my feedback. Come on, just lock it. No, I didn't tell you to revert her, just writing an idea that many people requested on the big Mercy thread. But, you keep ignoring me. Not me, all your divided fanbase.
We can't never agree.

Yes, you are allowed to downvote my post. That's my opinion.

Bye.

P.S: Before I go, if you don't want to rework her either, please add the original "Heroes never die", "My servants never die" and "Heroes never die for a price" voicelines. Is the only one thing we want.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

I'm not surprised, in fact I understand you need time (8+ months) to truly see how the new NERF is working. I'm actually growing to it (though the ult still needs MAJOR work), but to not post this first on the mega thread is in my opinion a bad PR move. It just make people think that you are just ignoring them and just give up on OW and Bliz.
I posted this in the random topic Jeff responded to, but I figured I should include it here as well. I have 550+ hours on Mercy and am very disappointed in where she's at.
Sure, she is much more balanced now. But you are missing the point. The reason why so many are asking for a revert is because Valk has little to no impact and is frankly boring.

Look at Mercy's previous Resurrect ultimate. You would track enemy ults so you wouldn't get caught out of position with rez. You could tempo rez or keep it to save a lost point. You would keep track of your teammates at all times and could choose to bring back someone who has a game-changing ult during a fight. You would focus on the numbers advantage and whether or not teammates would be rezzed in a safe position. A good Mercy would be involved in the fight but know how to survive for these awesome rezzes. A bad Mercy would die frequently and rez during suboptimal moments, feeding enemy ults and delaying respawn times. Overall, playing Mercy 1.0 had importance, responsibility, and actual thought behind it while still not being OP or meta.

But Valkyrie isn't like that. You can't outheal through enemy ults. If your teammates die, you can only bring back one with a risky slow cast speed. And if you pull that off, your other teammates might have already died since you aren't healing during the rez cast time. So we go from an ult that relies on your survival and can change the outcome of a fight to a forgettable one where you fly in the air, hold left/right click and hope your team does something.

I just hope you can see WHY there is a call for a revert and why we want something to change. We used to be able to make game-changing plays that involved much more thought and strategy. Playing Mercy back then was exciting and fun. If you insist on keeping Valk, please consider changes that will breathe life back into her ult.
02/08/2018 08:41 AMPosted by MadSkull
Blizzard, you need change Mercy's ult name from "Valkyrie" to " I can fly" cuz really its the only it does right now, doesnt feel like an ult at all.

"I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky, I think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away…" ;)
Quick, someone at Blizzard move J back to the WoW team so he can go help poorly balance that game. Then maybe we can get a revert to v1.0 and a fix for Genji's deflect bugs.
02/08/2018 08:32 AMPosted by BobtheMinion
02/08/2018 08:31 AMPosted by m29a

Shows how incompetent and inefficient they are at making decisions and changes to the heroes (especially the supports).

It shows how little they listen to feedback. She needed a nerf but they went too far. DPS are all happy because she can't fly around like a nightmare rez machine, which was entirely blizzards fault. Who tf thought her original rework was a good idea?
People who used to like to play Mercy though? Her ult doesn't feel like an ult, and she's so slow she gets shot out of the sky by damn near anything. She can't make game changing plays like so many other heroes can with her ult. It goes back to what support players were saying. Blizzard really doesn't care about us. It's the dps and the pro players who run the show, and it's honestly kind of killing the game. The next healer on the chopping block is going to be Moira, I would bet anything. Her pick rate is up and dps/pros don't like anyone interfering with their ability to wipe the whole board.