#RevertMercy
#Mercy1.0
02/11/2018 06:32 AMPosted by BleuJacques
How are these threads feedback?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761707287

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761627233

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761717051

Utterly ridiculous.
They aren't really feedback, but they break the illusion of people being content with Mercy's current status.
Hence locked and directed to the void.
If I'm being honest I was amazed the "not reverting Mercy bc pride" one didn't get locked immediately.
02/01/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write up thoughtful feedback here. We're reading the responses daily.

I was kinda hoping there would be some follow-up on this post, but now I have the feeling that won't happen.

So, let me just put it this way: If you are never going to address that thoughtful feedback in any shape or form, it effectively doesn't matter whether you read it or not.

You might feel that players are stubborn for requesting a revert to Mercy 1.x and not considering different options, but it's not like you have given them any insight on what you may or may not consider an option in the first place.

From the top of my head, here are a few core ideas that were repeatedly posted in any of the megathreads which were not based on a revert:
  • Remove/replace Resurrect on E and make it exclusive to Valkyrie
  • Make Resurrect earned by attaching a resource to it, similar to Torb's armor packs
  • Change the chain beam in Valkyrie so that the effect is stronger on the beam target and weaker on the targets getting the chain effect
  • Make the beam effect stronger to make the ult feel more powerful, and to make up for it, do any or all of the following: Remove the chain effect, decrease the beam range, reduce ult duration

Now there might be reasons why you would disagree with any or all of these suggestions, but I don't think they are so batsh*t crazy that they aren't worthy of being considered or at least being responded to.
We'll never know about your thoughts on those ideas if you won't tell us, and it's hard for us to iterate on those ideas if we don't have a clue what's supposedly wrong with them.

The assertion that you read and appreciate all the constructive feedback has lost a lot of credibility over the past few months, and again, what does it even matter if all that feedback doesn't change anything.

You should not be surprised that more and more people are moving away from offering suggestions and towards bluntly telling you that they don't like what you're doing.
My thread which garnered almost 300 upvotes was locked today, so I'm posting it here for reference:

Fun Fact: Mercy 1.0 was Not OP
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760877944

And she generally stayed underused until her rework.

Back then Ana dominated the meta, with Lucio and Zen following after. Mercy was considered a troll-pick. A F-tier hero (D-tier at best), picking Mercy on the team didn't guarantee you a win in most cases.

Now that Valkyrie is here, Mercy's pickrates and winrates grew out of control. And even after 4-5 Hard Nerfs, she's still a must pick. Even the most ambitious of Mercy's critics can't deny that her rework was largely a mistake. And the devs trying to work with her Ultimate in E-Move form has been an even messier process to fix - They generally dislike the PTR mercy and it's nerfs.

Well, if it's not obvious enough by looking at her history, there's an old saying...
If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

It's time to bring Mercy back to her grassroots. It's time for her to be balanced again. True and fair balance. Move her E move back where it belongs, as an Ultimate, and work on balancing her from there.

It's time to revert. #RevertMercy
02/11/2018 06:42 AMPosted by shakeappeal
Mercy is pretty much fine now, still more potent than a host of under-served heroes on the roster. Her community of mains should feel some measure of embarrassment for how badly they have handled this change. It was for the good of the game, and everyone who isn't a Mercy main is happy.

If for "good for the game" you mean skyrocketing toxicity towards a part of the community, generalizing a minor problem, lying for make an undesired rework and all the next changes, turning a fun and challenging to master character into a boring healbot with no skill ceiling, and in fact making a design which makes you feel like a zombie while playing her while everyone calls you names, and having to hide all the time for no reward at all, with an impossible achievement (this is just the cherry on top)... yes, it was. However, I think then that your concept of what's "good for the game" is very different to the average.

What would be good for the game? Easy. If Blizz had tweaked her old design instead of making this disgusting rework, all this nightmare wouldn't have existed. No toxicity, no mandatory pick, no alienated community, no distorted character... That really sounds good for the game, and sure it would have been.
Yeah, forums and discussion... So much allowed.
02/11/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Nicolas
Yeah, forums and discussion... So much allowed.

lol I noticed you're not posting your daily weekly data for the second time today XD...

Not to be mean but I think point is proven that the daily update on the weekly data is pointless.

So doing it for you... from last Sunday to this Sunday
Pickrate: 6.91% Up .07% from yesterday and from what you posted on Friday... up .09% on Pick rates
Win Rate: 49.69% up .28% from yesterday and from what you posted on Friday... up .49% on Pick rates
On Fire: 2.07% up .02%

So if we were to listen to you, it just shows Mercy is improving (I know I'm just rubbing salt on the wound now...)

But if we look at more accurate data, current Mercy is taking another dive...

Today's stats compared to the stats last month (30 days ago, baring in mind Blizzard use stats that look more monthly than weekly.)

Pickrate: 11.87% Down another .27% and compared to Mercy at her peak Pick Rate of version 2.0~2.4/3.0 and where she was last month we are finally down 3% pick rate showing less people are playing Mercy during this half of the Competitive Season and its only been 2 weeks since the change.
Win Rate: 51.59% Win Rate has gone down .06% not a massive drop but then again Win Rates are relatively balance on near enough all heroes having around 50% win rates.
On Fire: 3.18% down another 0.4% so thats down .07% since Friday so Mercy is making less impact.

Win Rate and On Fire aren't providing us much data to decide on anything too solid.

If her drop rates continue to plummet... we could see a change. However we would have to be in the same situation as Roadhog... going from top 10 to bottom 5.
Nice, they locked my post! I wonder when it will disappear too... So noone can see what have happend there.
Well I don't recommend anyone to play Mercy. People are watching the meta and Mercy is trash tear nowadays, almost Sym level (and as the PR guy of OW said: "Symetra is not even a support").
People will throw the game if you don't change. Just saying. I don't think it is toxicity. They just don't wanna play from a bad position.
02/11/2018 07:48 AMPosted by AkiraNasuki
lol I noticed you're not posting your daily weekly data for the second time today XD...

Your noticing failed you today, my friend: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072?page=181#post-3615
02/11/2018 07:29 AMPosted by xavvypls

It's time to bring Mercy back to her grassroots. It's time for her to be balanced again. True and fair balance. Move her E move back where it belongs, as an Ultimate, and work on balancing her from there.

Rez should just be removed from the game. Buff valkrie to increase the healing/dps boost and she's exactly where she should be.

A low skill hero with uninterrupted healing and an on demand escape ability is already bad enough without giving her the ability to negate skillful play.
I wish she could swing fights like she used to back at launch.
02/11/2018 07:59 AMPosted by brownman6661
02/11/2018 07:29 AMPosted by xavvypls

Rez should just be removed from the game. Buff valkrie to increase the healing/dps boost and she's exactly where she should be.

A low skill hero with uninterrupted healing and an on demand escape ability is already bad enough without giving her the ability to negate skillful play.

sorry but your suggestion is beyond rediculous and your statement makes no sense lol

you're simply suggesting another nerf without no knowledge of the hero's insides and outs.
02/11/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Nicolas
02/11/2018 07:48 AMPosted by AkiraNasuki

Your noticing failed you today, my friend: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072?page=181#post-3615

Fair enough

Then again the weekly increase can be contributed to the fact that in UK people are on break from school.

Aside from that the changes on a weekly basis isn't showing much change but on a monthly basis we are losing more Mercy's.

Likewise the other healers are getting more picks but its whether they are compatible for their teams.
02/11/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Nerfy
02/11/2018 07:59 AMPosted by brownman6661

you're simply suggesting another nerf without no knowledge of the hero's insides and outs.

What insides and outs? Mercy is literally in the game as a low mechanical skill hero for people who don't play FPS games.
02/11/2018 08:26 AMPosted by brownman6661
02/11/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Nerfy

What insides and outs? Mercy is literally in the game as a low mechanical skill hero for people who don't play FPS games.

you're just suggesting nerfs because you're in silver so oc she'd seem op for you and I dont see you having any time on the hero either

not trying to offend you but

biased immature hate towards the character saying they require no mechanical skill when your most played hero is Symmetra makes no sense

if you're willing to provide feedback on a hero you'd at least play them in game long enough to and you'd have enough knowledge about them to suggest a balance.

You're only asking for a nerf without compensation and removing what defines them as a character is out of the question.

You need to learn the difference between a skill floor and a skill ceiling as well . I can say genji also has a low skill floor but a high skill ceiling.

Same applies to mercy and many other heroes.
Different people, different opinions about Mercy. I suppose if the very high-tier players feel Mercy's ultimate/abilities counter their "skillful play", but the overwhelming majority of the community thinks otherwise, then maybe a hero draft system is the only real solution.

Let's face it, people have different skill levels. People think differently about what's fair and what isn't. Also, most people wrongfully think they know better than all the rest.

I've never been into forums, i don't even have enough time for the game itself, sadly... and i know that every single kid here threatening a multi million dollar company with "uninstall" isn't to be taken seriously. But i've only had good experiences with this community. I like it, and i don't want it to suffer because of unjustified rebalancing.

I've already made a post earlier: Make Mercy more fun, keep evolving her mechanics - i don't know if reverting her is the right way, but her ultimate needs to feel ultimate again.
Or make a hero draft system, where the pro players can just ban Mercy so she doesn't negate their headshots that they're so proud of.

biased immature hate towards the character saying they require no mechanical skill when your most played hero is Symmetra makes no sense

[/quote]

I'm not against low mech skill heroes. I play sym because it's fun, but I would never demand her to be as impactful as genji or widow.
02/11/2018 08:39 AMPosted by brownman6661

I'm not against low mech skill heroes. I play sym because it's fun, but I would never demand her to be as impactful as genji or widow.[/quote]

everyone's asking for symmetra buff and she's getting reworked soon , so that might actually raise her skill ceiling and make her much stronger

its what every other sym main demanded because in higher ranks things get much more complicated

sym actually counters genji too if played well
A suggestion that tries to accommodate the dev's way of thinking:

Starting from where Mercy is right now change:
- Res in valk returns to instant speed
- If res is on cool down it is taken off cool down when valk starts
- chained beams in valk are turned into single target healing \ damage that is greater than normal

While I’d like to add the second res in valk to the list I think that would cross the line into OP unless she was reworked

Reasons for changes:

Valk was supported to be a better version of your abilities. Currently everything gets better except your res ability which remains identical to outside of your ultimate.

During any type of fight, when you are more needed, stopping healing to res takes too much time. Often by the time the res is complete, assuming you even have it, the rest of your team is either in really bad shape or dead.

Mercy is the best single target healer, and giving her a chaining abilities makes her look like a weaker version of other heroes.

If we still had to consider which target to heal and buff during valk the game would remain more interactive and it would help distinguish better players choices.

Often teammates are focused, and despite the chaining I still lock onto the focused teammate hoping to save them, but I can’t. Every other healer in the game is capable of saving a targeted person. Ana could use her ult for damage reduction plus healing to save an out of place tank. Zen and Moira’s ults heal enough that they can ward off received DPS. Lucio could sound barrier, or even amp it up plus boop people away. Mercy is the only healer who can’t save someone even if she wanted to.

--------------------

While not ideal, I thought I'd mention a comprise that caters to the dev's way of thinking as something needs to be done. Right now Mercy's ult and ability to impact and change the game are too nonexistent. Also her skill ceiling has been lowered. The above mentioned changes should help with both of these points.
02/11/2018 08:36 AMPosted by WarJammer
Different people, different opinions about Mercy. I suppose if the very high-tier players feel Mercy's ultimate/abilities counter their "skillful play", but the overwhelming majority of the community thinks otherwise, then maybe a hero draft system is the only real solution.

Let's face it, people have different skill levels. People think differently about what's fair and what isn't. Also, most people wrongfully think they know better than all the rest.

I've never been into forums, i don't even have enough time for the game itself, sadly... and i know that every single kid here threatening a multi million dollar company with "uninstall" isn't to be taken seriously. But i've only had good experiences with this community. I like it, and i don't want it to suffer because of unjustified rebalancing.

I've already made a post earlier: Make Mercy more fun, keep evolving her mechanics - i don't know if reverting her is the right way, but her ultimate needs to feel ultimate again.
Or make a hero draft system, where the pro players can just ban Mercy so she doesn't negate their headshots that they're so proud of.

if the pros ban Mercy on the Overwatch League Servers

what will happen to our version of the game if Mercy is also banned from Comp play at least and not Quick Play

what would be the point of evening haveing her in a Game like overwatch

i have a quesion through

what game do you honestly thing Mercy is fit for

i would say a fighting game to be honest where i could animate all of her Fighting Moves for her

but Blizzard is afraid of my ideas which i made a thread for all of my ideas including name of the game

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760846596#1

view at your Own risk!

Feet Fetish Warning!