[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 191 192 193 237 Next
02/12/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Coulumbo
The whole #revertmercy thing has really hurt the Overwatch community.

I hope it goes away soon now that Jeff confirmed that it is not happening.
The only thing that has genuinely hurt the community about the rework is the devs failing the burden of proof.
They failed to provide concrete evidence that Mass Rez was beyond saving, thus failing to justify the need for a rework this extensive.
The backlash and requests for a revert they get is entirely their own fault for skipping out on proving there was no way to make it work.
Had they provided proof there would be no denying that as rough as the rework got it was ultimately going to be healthier than Mass Rez could've ever been. They didn't though. They dug this pit themselves.
02/11/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Ehatanai
The real reason I'm here is to request an addition to the Mercy options. Mercy is the only character I keep on high sensitivity since her primary job is healing (unless you're going battle mercy! ;D) and doesn't require precise aim to lock on and heal/buff. It also makes it much easier to keep tabs on your surroundings and fly out of danger quickly. But, when I find myself in a situation where I have to defend myself with the blaster (which btw, solo killing those flankers is probably one of the most satisfying feelings ever) it is hit or miss (mostly miss) 'cause I constantly overshoot when I'm tracking. It would be nice to have a separate sensitivity setting for Mercy's pistol (kind of like Ana and Widow have for their scopes).

I'm quoting this because I'm requesting another addition to the Mercy options, and it seems like a good idea to have these in one place.

Mercy has two targeting options for using Guardian Angel: "prefer beam target: on/off". Having it "on" lets you pull off some crazy juking manuvers and control your positioning in the immediate space around you with a lot of finesse. Having it "off" lets you effectively manage your healing a much wider area, and trades short range finesse for long range flexibility.

Once you get used to one targeting option, the other feels like a completely different ability. Could we please have a hybrid option? Where Mercy can still fly around like she has "prefer beam target off"... but if she uses it without a target lined up, she's pulled to her beam tether (as though she has "prefer beam target on"). A lot of players want another mobility ability to be Mercy's E, but I don't think that would be nessecary a hybrid GA targeting option.
Well, I have to say, Mercy is kind of useless now.
That stupid 30 second rez is still too powerful, but in contrast her ult is near useless - just additional vertical mobility.
From what I've seen she's dropped out of most matches or is only in turtle heavy games.

While it worked in killing the Mercy-dominated meta, it just kicked Mercy out of the meta completely IMHO.

We need a Revert to make at least fun to play again and not just a burdensome reminder of a failed OP rework no one asked for.
I was going to put this in my last post, but I figured it wouldn't fit since it's a balancing request instead of a request for more options.

Could Mercy please get a true glide instead of a featherfall for Angelic Decent? The featherfall always falls just short of getting Mercy from one platform to another, and it's really frustrating in that "container of your favorite snack on a high shelf that's just out of your reach" sort of way.

Platforms that are practically next to each other and roughly on the same level should be in reach for Mercy - she has wings, for crying out loud! I grew up playing a lot of action platformers like Spyro The Dragon and Ratchet and Clank (where glides exist for getting you from one platform to another), so this is something that really rubs me the wrong way. Needing a teammate on every ledge you want to get to is an unrealistic demand for Mercy's team, and it makes me feel needy.
02/12/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Lullabeii
02/12/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Coulumbo
The whole #revertmercy thing has really hurt the Overwatch community.

I hope it goes away soon now that Jeff confirmed that it is not happening.
The only thing that has genuinely hurt the community about the rework is the devs failing the burden of proof.
They failed to provide concrete evidence that Mass Rez was beyond saving, thus failing to justify the need for a rework this extensive.
The backlash and requests for a revert they get is entirely their own fault for skipping out on proving there was no way to make it work.
Had they provided proof there would be no denying that as rough as the rework got it was ultimately going to be healthier than Mass Rez could've ever been. They didn't though. They dug this pit themselves.

The devs dont owe you proof of anything

If they dont want a playstyle in their game, they have every right to remove it
Just wanted to say thanks, Blizzard, for effectively killing Mercy! Now I don't get !@#$%ed at for playing literally any other healer. /s

All the changes since adding Valk have been a downward spiral for this character. I know Jeff told us about the "balance triangle" or whatever, but it's apparent that they value their own opinions over community feedback and telemetry data. Hundreds if not thousands of pages of feedback on this forum alone, not to mention Reddit, most of it unread or unheeded.

To sum up the new Mercy changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xSyyeYcyI
02/12/2018 12:47 PMPosted by reincarN8ed
Just wanted to say thanks, Blizzard, for effectively killing Mercy! Now I don't get !@#$%ed at for playing literally any other healer. /s

All the changes since adding Valk have been a downward spiral for this character. I know Jeff told us about the "balance triangle" or whatever, but it's apparent that they value their own opinions over community feedback and telemetry data. Hundreds if not thousands of pages of feedback on this forum alone, not to mention Reddit, most of it unread or unheeded.

This video is better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ZA0CEip4k
res is bad for the game. remove it entirely, and give mercy other interesting utility.
02/12/2018 12:54 PMPosted by AkiraNasuki
02/12/2018 12:47 PMPosted by reincarN8ed

This video is better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ZA0CEip4k

My fav: https://youtu.be/-FA_aEwGDBI?t=41

A popular streamer who can be honest instead of "Shh don't say shes weak now or they'll fix her".
Here's something that made me think of this whole entire re-work mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GwVomSG1c

The video is about call of duty, but it's a video talking about the pro community and game developers, how much should the developers listen to the professional players?
honestly if they would give us something, ANYTHING other than "we're not reverting lolol btw we dont care about you mercy mains at all" then we'd be happier than now.
just one of the devs pop in for five seconds and tell us you're still reading these, tell us you're working on things, tell us you're looking at the statistics, at how unhappy we are, at aNYTHING
It's never too late to change your mind or admit your mistake.Please blizzard #revert_mercy.I miss her seriously
02/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by BenjaminWolf

The video is about call of duty, but it's a video talking about the pro community and game developers, how much should the developers listen to the professional players?

That's the thing. How are Junkrat Mains and pro players who don't play her going to give proper feedback on a hero they never played before? Of course all they're going to say it "Thx Jeff she's perfect now I don't ever have to pay attention to her so she's great thanks good job"

Why don't they round up the popular Mercy players like Eevee, Star2d2, Animetic, etc and get their opinions on how to balance her?
02/12/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Coulumbo

Then they can radically change anything with no reason to validate it?
That's not a good design approach, just saying.
02/12/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Lullabeii

They provided several reasons in the developer update regarding the Mercy rework.

Jeff also made a post shortly after:

We think the direction she's moving in is better for everyone -- Mercy mains and non-Mercy players. Having a primary healer who was hiding under a bridge telling people to "die on the point" was not our idea of optimal. We think Valkyrie is a very engaging and dynamic ultimate and Mercy's role as a primary healer is very clear now. But resurrect is too powerful and needs to be toned down. We're not going to throw the baby out with the bath water on this one. We're iterating until she's in a good place. We appreciate your patience with us while we do that.

Whether or not you disagree with the OW teams reasons is up to you, but its not fair to say that they did the rework "with no reason".
02/12/2018 01:12 PMPosted by cola
02/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by BenjaminWolf

That's the thing. How are Junkrat Mains and pro players who don't play her going to give proper feedback on a hero they never played before? Of course all they're going to say it "Thx Jeff she's perfect now I don't ever have to pay attention to her so she's great thanks good job"

Why don't they round up the popular Mercy players like Eevee, Star2d2, Animetic, etc and get their opinions on how to balance her?

The video basically states that they shouldn't change things for the pro players without first looking at how it effects the average player and the game as a whole, pro players viewed her old design as being bad for the game. These statements usually come from people who don't play the character or understand the skill behind the character. Enough of them come together and demand a change, it is up to the developers to decide whether to listen or to stand their ground. They chose to listen, the result was a huge backfire.

They made a huge mistake by listening to the pro players but they won't admit it. Like any developer they will not revert, they have made that clear... the only way a revert happens is if they fire somebody and put all the blame on their scapegoat. At this point I hope this happens, sorry in advance to the person who would get fired if this happens.

Instead if they wanted a variety in pro play they should have introduced a ban system of some type, or a rule that keeps players from playing the same characters again and again, forcing them to use different comps after the end of a round. Granted this would make character switching mid match impossible.

[I really don't understand the downvote... is it because I said the developers should listen to the community as a whole and not just the professional players, professional player opinions shouldn't be the only opinion that matter.]
02/11/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Hera
Mercy’s win rate has stabilised at around 50% and her pickrate has gone up slightly most likely because of her new skin. I hope that Blizzard don’t take this as that she’s in a good place...she really needs some changes to make her more fun and actually somewhat impactful.

It's not that surprising. Mercy is mostly played in lower ranks where most people have potato aim so she's far more reliable. And in lower ranks I've had widows in my face who didn't manage to headshot me while I was rezzing.
02/12/2018 01:12 PMPosted by cola

After everything thats happen my opinion of Eeveea is gone... like she a great Mercy player... but a drama queen now... pretty much will do anything to retain their followers... someone called her out on quitting and she literally back stab us Mercy's in the back and switch sides.

I mean I could prop's give a better opinion on Mercy than EeveeA... I mean if we want the opinion of a pro Mercy then yeah sure... as long as they don't cause emotional drama saying they will quit then don't and then brush off their comment as 'Taken out of context' and then saying stuff like oh yeah there are like way less Mercy's now yay!

02/12/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Serpenvio
02/11/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Hera
Mercy’s win rate has stabilised at around 50% and her pickrate has gone up slightly most likely because of her new skin. I hope that Blizzard don’t take this as that she’s in a good place...she really needs some changes to make her more fun and actually somewhat impactful.

It's not that surprising. Mercy is mostly played in lower ranks where most people have potato aim so she's far more reliable. And in lower ranks I've had widows in my face who didn't manage to headshot me while I was rezzing.

Mercy win rate hasn't changed all too much... might have gone up a bit... but Win Rates are relatively balance.

Also in lower ranks it is dependable... the problem with the whole competitive scene is that SR is not balance... one player can have multiple accounts spread across different ranks and some can maintain their rank and play in higher tiers...

Also some people can be smurfs or playing a role they don't usually play. One flex switch is all it takes to turn the tides of the match just people are unwilling to flex to accept they suck at DPS.

MMR value is the main important thing to bare in mind... you could be Gold but your MMR could be higher than your displayed SR... Like you could be getting the best performance stats ever... but you still won't climb if you do not win.
02/12/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Lullabeii

I agree with this person's statement, it's not a good approach. If they plan on making a large change they should be able to explain the reasoning behind the change and provide the data. If they make a change that makes things worse they need to be able to admit to making a mistake and go back to the previous state, with or without slight adjustments to that design.
02/12/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Coulumbo
02/12/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Songstrider

Hurt the community? This is like blaming a *#!*#%!# victim because they got raped.

The people spamming for a Mercy revert are not victims. They are the offenders, trying to ruin everyone elses enjoyment of the game.

I hope that they find it within them to stop being so selfish and harmful.

Sorry but the only one being selfish here it's you telling us to shut up because you simply hate old resurrect and you don't want any type of dialogue about it. You aren't bringing here any constructive feedback nor feedback at all, only attacking us. That's not needed here, and that's why I'm reporting you for toxicity/spamming, as you don't stop doing that despite all our more or less polite warnings.

This rework has caused a huge damage, you don't need to be a genious to realise that. Toxicity has skyrocketed thanks to it, and Mercy's experience is the worst thing you can have in this game. The sooner it will be fixed, the sooner the game will start being healthy again. Now it's all but healthy. Valkirie and Resurrect as an E ability has been a flawed design from the beginning. Please, Blizz, fix that.