[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 194 195 196 237 Next
02/12/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Alexaction
02/12/2018 07:15 PMPosted by BenjaminWolf
The developers have to think about the ninety nine percent of the player base, they can't just cater to the one percent.

They listen to the community, their own instincts, and statistics.

This massive failure of a re-work shows how little they listen to their player base, none of these changes were needed. None of the statistics or data that the entire player base can access shows any real problems with her old design, but they made these changes based solely on their feelings and the pro player opinion.
Posted by BenjaminWolf
The developers have to think about the ninety nine percent of the player base, they can't just cater to the one percent.

I would say many peoples' issues is that their concerns feel both unheard and unresolved.
Someone summarized and consolidated all our feedback into a very sound post in this separate thread, it's a nice read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761637371
I wish Resurrect, at the least, would be restricted to her Ultimate if it is to remain Valkyrie. I feel that Mercy would be better off with an ability that amplifies her staff's output temporarily (along the lines of Moira's Orb increasing healing / damage, and Ana's grenade having fantastic healing / utility effects). Valkyrie could be condensed, shortened and with her staff amplified by default (and the ability mentioned disabled and/or cancelled in Valk, so as to not stack amplifications. ...Unless that was all cool with everyone else). Or even, somehow, "crossing the streams" in Valkyrie (the healing beam would heal and damage boost slightly, and vice versa). Having some sort of Resurrect at the end of Valkyrie would be nice too. Say, when Valkyrie ends, if there are teammates that could be Resurrected nearby, Mercy would cry out "Heroes Never Die!", and bring them back like she used to. Mercy would have to be vulnerable and require timing and positioning, her fantastic feeling Resurrect would return, and it would likely not get more than 1-3 heroes in most cases.

Though, this is an unrefined and optimistic idea, it could in all honestly be stupid strong, and that's the last thing I want considering the past few months.
02/12/2018 08:01 PMPosted by cookieflips
Someone summarized and consolidated all our feedback into a very sound post in this separate thread, it's a nice read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761637371
I very much appreciate this thread, so to anyone in this forum who's interested, please give it a read.

Aaaand it was locked. Bang up job, mods.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761637371

Five hours, and it's already been locked. Posting it here for people to read. Spread it around, guys.
02/12/2018 07:43 PMPosted by BenjaminWolf
02/12/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Alexaction

This massive failure of a re-work shows how little they listen to their player base, none of these changes were needed. None of the statistics or data that the entire player base can access shows any real problems with her old design, but they made these changes based solely on their feelings and the pro player opinion.

Pro/highly ranked players never cared for Mercy, she had 0 pick-rate in e-sports and abysmal pick-rates in M/GM, the people who were spamming the forums with "rez ult too stronk!!11" were mid to lower level dps mains who didn't have the game knowledge or awareness to see its weaknesses.

The rework was unnecessary from the off, and now look where we are, sigh.
The game is the best its been since release. Thanks for the changes to mercy.
02/12/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Zarester

Aaaand it was locked. Bang up job, mods.
Woah, woah, woah, we’re serious? A guy took literal days from an unbias pov to analyze data and sum up feedback, requesting a clarification on Blizzard’s standing on the issue we clearly have, and it just gets locked like any other post? Not smooth, Blizzard, during a time where many fans are on the fence about actually sticking around..

Edit: So, a special reason / clarification was put out on that lock, but as I commented, a better response(s) from the Dev team would do well to quell unrest in the forum as well as assist in better feedback. It’s hard to believe they’d really leave Resurrect in the past, as it was a major part of Mercy kit and character, and the way it is now is definitely not the same Resurrect by any means. Although - Seeing a human response, rather than one that feels automated, is somewhat comforting.
I'm still having trouble enjoying when I pick her since the changes. Everything is fine to me except res should be instant when in ultimate form.
"She undid all my hard Q pressing"

https://imgur.com/a/HsMYK
01/30/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Tom Powers
Hi everyone,

We've continued to see a heavy influx of conversations revolving around today's hero balance updates impacting Mercy.

In an effort to consolidate feedback and create a consistent location for users to share their impressions or opinions, please use this thread.
[url="https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/"]Mercy[/url]
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer makes Resurrect instant
    • No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
    • The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
    • Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Developer Comments: Mercy’s recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we’re toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.

We appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us and provide insight on improving your Overwatch experience.

Thank you.
TANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
02/11/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Lithy

It was the best way to counter it and there are videos on youtube that prove it. Resurrect was an ultimate that countered ultimates and it had effect after that ultimates has had its own effects. However, you could undo the Resurrect as well with another ultimate, countering it, just the same mechanic. That's why old rez encouraged smart play (not talking about hide and rez exploit, I'm talking about engaging Mercy, the average one), if you were able to bait the rez and economize your ultimates, you could counter it. The point is that Resurrect hadn't a specific counter like Symmetra, who is destroyed by Winston, or Zen's ult, which can be denied by Ana's grenade. In this case, the counter relied on your own skill and game sense, it wasn't so obvious as others, you had to create it with your skill.

02/11/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Alexaction
https://youtu.be/oq_SLeMWWEA?t=156

Seriously tho, this is a lot of coordination to deal with just a 2 man rez.

My case still stands, its too much coordination to deal with just a duo rez, No other support ult preemptively got that much ult usage to occur back then. Also Mercy's isn't exempt from being countered in the ways that Zen and Sym and every other hero in the game can be countered. If she was nothing without instant Rez than she should've never had instant Rez.

Only problem is her ult compared to other support ults is the least effective and beneficial for the team. She can fly for 15 seconds so what? Your more likely to die from a hitscan. Lol. Then there is Ana’s ult. increases speed and damage drastically for 1 hero for 6 seconds. Also current Mercy encourages !@#$ play as all your doing for the entire match is healing. Nothing else. This also makes her boring af.
Posted by Jeff Kaplan
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761616811#post-7

We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.
Hi everyone,

We've continued to see a heavy influx of conversations revolving around today's hero balance updates impacting Mercy.

In an effort to consolidate feedback and create a consistent location for users to share their impressions or opinions, please use this thread.
We appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us and provide insight on improving your Overwatch experience.

Thank you.
TANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Your a bit late.
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

There are main dps without aim
02/13/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Luticy
Posted by Jeff Kaplan
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761616811#post-7
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

Mercy isn’t powerful. Just because she can now focus more on healing, doesn’t make her powerful. Res and the mobility of Valkyrie are what made her powerful and blizzard has just taken that away in the recent nerfs.
Again locked to consolidate it here....

If this thread didnt feel like a wasteland where we are shouting "echo" in,it would maybe mean something.

Also the fact that jeff with his 'no revert post" didnt adress the issues we REALLY have,by concentrating on balance,but stays mute about how she feels to play

he's not ackknowledging a lot of people say she IS probably balanced,but her kit is butchered beyond belief. And the stated goals of the rework are NOT MET.

Hide and rez is back and is now mandatory. And she has no ult. A good mercy should be able to distinguish herself.
Mercy needs a buff. She is just weak.
Hello there.

How's locking the threads going on? Good, I presume? Seems like discussion about Mercy is really a forbidden fruit.