[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 221 222 223 237 Next
I Know its hard to believe but they are reading all of this feedback that we keep on providing them.They are soon to realise that they cant just leave mercy like this.The biggest part of the community claims that she is unfun and underpowered.Devs have many thinks to consider about ''balance changes'',or the most popular around the community is a second rework since they dont seem to be able to balance rez.Ressurection is an ultimate ability that shouldnt have been on cooldown.Just imagine this on other heroes,soldier with tac visor on cooldown.It would be chaotic just as rez is right now.I believe the best thing that can happen now is ressurection becoming an ultimate ability again with a few drawbacks and valkyrie an ability on cooldown.I believe the most popular thread about a second mercy rework is this one which eventually got closed

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762006070?page=1
02/16/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Lullabeii
02/16/2018 08:38 PMPosted by True0Neutral

To say nothing of the fact that the character is a pacifist in lore.
Lore means nothing.
Zen's a pacifist too, D.Va's an elite soldier, Tracer's only tied to the present via her harness, Mercy can't rez in lore, and by lore standings the moon monkey should probably still be on the moon with the dead trainers and rioting apes instead of running the newly illegal Overwatch.
Plus by lore standings only Tracer, Mei, Winston and Talon operatives should be playable characters as the rest are retired, presumed dead, disbanded, haven't answered the recall, or were never a part of either organization. Soldier and Ana could be playable, as they are actively fighting, but neither canonically heeded the recall so it'd be debatable.
While I agree that Mercy's firepower really isn't her issue using the lore is probably the weakest possible argument against it.

I'm confused as to why what I said is such a big deal. I felt like pointing out a bit of lore that adds to what the original post said about her being a support, and therefore not damage focused. Nearly all the characters have some part of their lore that implies what their abilities are going to be, so even if it's a "weak" argument it's still at least vaguely relevant to what the original post said.
#RevertMercy
02/16/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Lullabeii
No they're totally reading the ~4000+ posts reiterating that currently Mercy's boring and lacking all the impact and big play making potential they promised. Unless that play is flying slowly, she's great at that.

But silliness apart, we all know they don't. She's balanced and successful rework (for some unknown reason). But their goal was only to un-must-pick Mercy. So far it works... so it's a "success".
02/17/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Nicolas
But their goal was only to un-must-pick Mercy. So far it works... so it's a "success".

Took them long enough. The dev team has no idea what its doing, and I mean that literally. I posted something along these lines elsewhere, but I think it bears repeating, I think:

Look at the Mercy that was originally released on the PTR. This is "Attack Helicopter Mercy" with 4 rezzes, increased firing speed, infinite ammo, etc etc. She was so broken and overpowered that there were meme video's of Mercy single-handedly wiping enemy teams. Take a moment to look at that Mercy and compare her to the Mercy we have now, in terms of power.

That Mercy, who was completely and utterly broken, was the Mercy that the development team released as their vision of how Mercy ought to be. They felt, by the fact that they put it on the PTR, that that Mercy was balanced.

Clearly the team realised their mistake in that department, and they adjusted Mercy to be less of an attack helicopter. Good on them, a mistake happens, you correct it.

But then they released the new and balanced Mercy 2.0 - or so they thought. Only as it turns out, she was -still- completely broken and overpowered with four rezzes. Compare original live Mercy 2.0 with current Mercy. If current Mercy is in a good spot, as Jeff claims, then objectively the Mercy Blizzard released to live was terribly, terribly overpowered. And frankly, that is something -everyone-, Mercy main or DPS main, agrees on.

Yet that was something Blizzard released. They tested her on the PTR for weeks, and this is what they released to live. Blizzard believed, in their heart of hearts, that that Mercy was balanced.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone at Blizzard - they are doing their best, they are only human, and I respect that. I understand how difficult it is to balance a game. Certainly one as complex and many faceted as Overwatch. -I- certainly can't balance the game any better than the dev team. Far from it!

But let's not pretend as if Blizzard has any idea what they are doing. They don't know what is balanced and what isn't, and they have no mechanism to determine what is or what isn't. Because if they did know what they were doing, if they had a sense of what was or wasn't balanced, they'd have spared us four months of mandatory Mercy!

What Blizzard is doing isn't calculated or thought out - not with any meaningful methodology anyway. They are just throwing random idea's at the wall and are seeing what sticks.

And that's -fine-. If a game has become too complicated to model accurately (which is apparently the case with Overwatch), then throwing things at walls is a perfectly fine method of determining what does and what does not work.

This is exactly the technique Hi-rez is using with Paladins. The difference is that they openly admit to it. They list it as principle number 4.

By contrast, Blizzard doesn't admit to using this technique, even though they clearly do (as evidenced by the broken Mercy releases on the PTR and in live). They refuse to be open about what they are doing, and admit to their own limitations - and that is part of why people are so upset.

They can call it a success and repeat that they won't do a revert and ban opposing voices like Titanium's until the text they post turns blue but the recent Mercy nerf is de-facto an admission by Blizzard that they don't know what they are doing and that everything they did with the rework was a mistake.

Which makes it all the more perplexing that they don't follow through on any of the feedback in the 20.000+ posts in the megathreads alone, all of which points a big suggestive arrow to the obvious solution: #RevertMercy
02/16/2018 06:28 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny
Hey devs, if you are listening, can't you give Mercy some ability that she can use on her reload button when she has her staff equipped? You know, so she has something else she can do while she waits for her 30 second mini ult to come off cooldown...

They might just as well let her have the ability to combine beams for a few seconds. Not what I would want myself (I would prefer something more engaging) but this should at least be pretty simple to add to her kit. Or give her a third, more powerful, beam that's on a cooldown and has a lingering effect.
02/16/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Kuuppon
I'm going to say this here. If you have a friend who mains support. Right now there is literally a war to get Moira nerfed. When she gets nerfed (and we know she will) support mains need to drop support cold turkey. Seriously they are gutting a small class of heroes that are generally the lease likely to protect themselves and rely heavily on their team to be effective.

It's time to stop babing these dps knuckleheads and give them the dpswatch they want. See how they like it because nerfing support says one thing to me. You dont want us here. And if that's the case why even bother?

You know I think there is a misconception when it comes to what a support should do...

Like between players who are of DPS/Tank and those who Support.

So in the eyes of the DPS, the support should be in the backline providing healing and to keep them alive so they can perform their duties. However what a lot of players don't realise... is the limitations of the supports heroes themselves.

Support players who play the support heroes often can find themselves knowing a lot more about that support hero than those who don't play it and as a result they know that raw healing is not the way to go unless you were playing specific heroes designed for raw healing.

Let me give an example...

DPS players will often believe that Zenyatta should be the only Support hero that provides any form of damage dealing or offensive capabilities. Because that is the hero that they will fall onto when selecting a support hero to play, because it is possible for them to transfer mechanical aim skill over to Zen and play as him.

Lucio is the same... those with experience with projectile aiming will be able to find use for him as well as being able to play a relatively beginner friendly hero.

Now onto Ana... Ana is a great healer... she was extremely strong during the tank meta and with mechanical aim and game sense, Ana can be a very powerful ally, hence why in the Overwatch World cup, these 3 heroes were so regularly picked to the point where Mercy never existed.

Now onto Mercy and Moira... these two have incredibly similar playstyle... allowing Mercy players to transfer their skills onto Moira. Now DPS players believe Mercy and Moira should do nothing but heal. For Mercy it is understandable but for Moira... it is not reasonable to pure Heal Bot.

The reason the non-Moira players hate Moira is because they believe Moira is a Hero that has no skill, a hero that ruins their gameplay... a hero that should be like a PERFECT Mercy replacement and should therefore be a brainless healbot. Hence the video from YourOverwatch.

Now Healing should be something that Moira should do from time to time but not constantly. If you want a constant healer... you should go Mercy. Also Mercy x Moira combo... NEVER have both competing at the same time.

As a Mercy I hate it when Moira just solely focuses on Healing because that cripples my ult gaining speed. For Moira she can actually gain from damage dealing or healing. So it is better for her to hold back on healing and let Mercy (if competent) to solo heal and then only support heal when there is an intense fight going on or if Mercy is dead.

Also DPS or Aggressive Moira... why is it that they exist? Because the functionality is there. It is designed in such a way that you should be damage dealing on equal balance to healing so that you have constant resource to heal.

A raw healing Moira can only do so much... As a prime healer she is strong for HPS not capable of solo healing... a lot of players may ask... why would you solo heal? Because it was a feature Mercy was fully capable of doing in the correct hands of the Mercy players... I mean I love it when I carry and Solo heal, because it shows off my skill as a Healer and with Resurrect as a Ultimate, it totally fills in for an alternate healer and that sub healer spot can go towards another DPS or tank giving you more fire power.

But Moira can't do that... Also she cannot self regen unless she deals damage and like Mercy, your DPS ignores the pest that are hitting the rear... so Moira is forced to fight and when DPS don't eliminate nuisances... Moira has to do it... also I hate DPS and Tanks that hesitate on attacking chokes... because they burn through all my Moira Resources and orbs and we end up feeding the enemy team.

If I want to heal bot... I will play Mercy but why are we choosing Moira over Mercy? It's because of this FAILURE of a unnecessary rework

Mercy is boring to play... Valkyrie is inferior to resurrect... yes you can initiate but that is only able to do so much and the impact is so low... Resurrect is like a suicide button... and with so much toxicity... I may as well play Moira and be able to do something... even if it means annoying the enemy team.

Just like Mercy... my team mates love me... my enemy hates me... DPS can't handle me so they end up crying because I ruined their gameplay by eliminating them.

Obviously if Moira isn't healing then that is also bad but here the deal... even with Healing... if the team can't make progress then whose fault is it? DPS and Tank... Moira only attacks if she feels her Healing cannot hold up and progress cannot be made.

Also Dive Comp will effectively die... the DPS and Sym are hopelessly outmatched against Moira... Moira can't do much against the Tanks, besides burning D.Va out of her Mech so effectively we may phase back into the triple tank era, which should nerf Moira and put her more on healing and damaging assistance rather than main damage dealing than healing.
How long do you have to wait until you fix Mercy?
02/17/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Nicolas
02/16/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Lullabeii
No they're totally reading the ~4000+ posts reiterating that currently Mercy's boring and lacking all the impact and big play making potential they promised. Unless that play is flying slowly, she's great at that.

But silliness apart, we all know they don't. She's balanced and successful rework (for some unknown reason). But their goal was only to un-must-pick Mercy. So far it works... so it's a "success".

Yes but the problem was... Mercy was never a pick for their Tournaments... she was practically non-existence.

On the live servers for the game for all us non-pro league gamers... Mercy wasn't that much of a must pick until the meta shifted.

Ana lost value when she can't heal through barriers... people were diving and it just made no sense to miss 75~90% of your shots trying to hit Genji and Tracer.

What? Are you going to tell them stand still whilst I heal you in the middle of your fight?

Lucio and Zen were still viable choices, but they lacked HPS so unless the team was strong and can do with weaker HPS, running them would be fine.

Mercy was better than them all in every aspect, once you reach a certain level of skill, Solo Healing was completely possible and you become a very strong and reliable healer able to pump out really good HPS to the point where you can nullify damage that your team mates were taking. But then came the SR exploit... and every one ran stuff that can earn more SR because Performance stats is all that matters... Sombra was being run because she was an SR Exploit, Mercy was runned because she had an SR exploit... Blizzard mistake from the very start of this whole competitive mess was the fact they focused on Individual Performance over Team Play and Play to win.

Dive was successful because the 2/2/2 Tank meta or triple tank meta was countered. Speed and brute power from DPS allowed them to dismantle the comp and more and more copycats popped up but just because you play a Genji or Tracer doesn't mean you are a master of the Dive comp.

Dive Comp is all about speed and fast and brutal damage dealing. You ignore Death balling and Barrier Breaking and get in there with flanks, ambush or straight up get in, kill and get out

It adds pressure BUT PEOPLE HAVE TO SECURE ELIMINATIONS!!! And know who and how to kill. Genji can dance about all day with space bar and go Oh look at me I'm so cool, I killed their DPS and Tank (taking like 1 minute to kill them) but if he doesn't take out the life support system... the Healers... then they going to either get healed to the point where damage is nullified or get resurrected.
Lore means nothing.

Well, I'm going to be a bit savage here. Hanzo is by lore a mercenary archer. If lore means nothing, why not removing his bow and giving him a chainsaw (yes, I know this is madness)? More or less the same goes to Mercy with her Resurrect. She can do that, and Soldier 76 and Genji are living (of course) proofs of that ability she has. However, in her lore, when we talk about Resurrect, what she does is to unleash a bunch of nanobots that heal her allies, even if they are mortally wounded (aka that 8 sec of respawn). Also, Reaper is a kinda result of that ability being used in a twisted way (very probably by Moira).

Lore helps to define a character. Of course, when you place it in the game, you must forget it a bit because you can't pretend to follow all the time a logic argument (for example it would be a bit weird seeing Bastion in Volskaya, or even easier, why all that people fighting in Widowmaker's house?) but it's a good base for design all the characters.

02/16/2018 03:09 PMPosted by drogon444
Just reverse Mercy back to her original state and tweak that version. How many times will you tweak the new version? Just admit you made a mistake, stop trying to fix that version. You won't get it right.

This. If you don't want to do this by any reason, just bring back her old ult, give Mercy a good E ability which could be balanced without making it unfun to play and keep the rest. That would be a nice rework, as Valkirie as an ultimate and Resurrect as an E ability have failed.
02/16/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Roseblite
02/16/2018 11:53 AMPosted by siennarena
The objective of the game is to kill other the other players to be able to successfully capture something whether it's the payload, a point, a flag (if you do CTF). In any game where the objective is to destroy the enemy. That's why Ultimates exist and why they're not as forgiving as regular abilities: Because they're meant to impact the game and secure the most kills to proceed.

In these games, the supports have the objective to keep their team alive so that they may secure these kills, and even assist in that themselves. They all have weapons for a reason. All the support ults are also things that aid your allies' health/defenses (with the exception of Ana and I'm not including Symmetra here as she falls more under defense.) When you manage to pull off multi-kills with an ultimate, it's because the other characters were badly positioned or you strategized from their positioning and took advantage of it. Original Resurrection just disbanded this completely. If your team managed to hold off the enemy team on defense, the hiding Mercy would swoop in and undo the work of your DPS/tanks and your healers while bringing back full-health enemies and giving them a second chance to ult.

Plenty of objective-based games don't have this function or if they do, it's resurrection at a reduced health cost because not only does giving you the ability to bring back people full health just meddle with the concept of the game, but you're already over-stepping over the other supports. They can only boost their team's health with their ultimates. Why should yours bring them back AND give them full heath? If you don't think that's over-powered you are silly. I've seen plenty of great alternatives to Mercy's kit here but if it doesn't involve the original rez, or instant rez it immediately gets down-voted because it doesn't fit into your narrative of, "Already was balanced."

inb4 you check my profile, I mostly play support/tanks with most of my hours on Mercy between QP and Comp (141). You're welcome.

And in all that, you say the MAIN thing is that killing off enemies is what the game is about (true enough in a limited fashion), and Rez should not be in a FPS (not in so many words) or if it is it should be at reduced health. Problem with that is ORIGINAL Rez Mercy normally died, same with the squishes (DPS, other Supports) making it instant Ult building for the enemy team unless the Tank is a shield one AND puts up their shield FAST.
There were ALWAYS counters to a Huge Rez, though most of us went for Tempo Rezes to keep key players in the game. Kill the Mercy is the easiest. I can't tell you how many times I was Solo Ulted right before the enemy team Ulted the rest of my team. Then the claim of "Hide and Rez" was thrown about, a LOT, but even THAT had defenses against pulling it. All the enemy team had to do was keep 1 Ult in reserve just in case the Mercy pulled a "Huge Rez". I just wrote that up, so here is my own quote:
02/16/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Roseblite
Yep, an I stated this in here before.
3 enemies all pulled their Ults at once, getting team (but Mercy) killed in the "Showboating Express" (each trying for POG since someone else had pulled Ult). Me as Mercy coming back from Spawn I see my team dead, I fly in and pull a PERFECT 5 man Rez bringing back everyone, an this dang lil Tracer bombs the entire team. If the Tracer had not kept her Ult in reserve, then my team who mostly had their Ults would have moped the floor with the enemy team.

ALSO, I will reiterate this once again; "If you look up First Person Shooters, nowhere in any definition does it say that a FPS cannot have Resurrect in their game." Being that Overwatch is NOT a typical FPS but more of a Hybrid FPS with different abilities that are not normally found in MOST FPS. So unless you want to change Overwatch to DPSwatch give us something better than what we have now. Because what Mercy is right now is sooooooooo much less than what she originally was upon release.
part of the disconnect is that Mercy players still think "just kill her" is viable argument when the ability made you invulnerable, required no los, and there was no way to waste the ability. In other words, less counter play than any other ult in the game.

The "ult economy" arguments are equally problematic. It assumes that the team can pick and choose how they wipe the enemy team. On 2cp you are fighting right outside the enemy spawn. It takes a lot to wipe the team and holding back isnt always an option
02/16/2018 11:53 AMPosted by siennarena
The objective of the game is to kill other the other players to be able to successfully capture something whether it's the payload, a point, a flag (if you do CTF). In any game where the objective is to destroy the enemy. That's why Ultimates exist and why they're not as forgiving as regular abilities: Because they're meant to impact the game and secure the most kills to proceed.

In these games, the supports have the objective to keep their team alive so that they may secure these kills, and even assist in that themselves. They all have weapons for a reason. All the support ults are also things that aid your allies' health/defenses (with the exception of Ana and I'm not including Symmetra here as she falls more under defense.) When you manage to pull off multi-kills with an ultimate, it's because the other characters were badly positioned or you strategized from their positioning and took advantage of it. Original Resurrection just disbanded this completely. If your team managed to hold off the enemy team on defense, the hiding Mercy would swoop in and undo the work of your DPS/tanks and your healers while bringing back full-health enemies and giving them a second chance to ult.

Plenty of objective-based games don't have this function or if they do, it's resurrection at a reduced health cost because not only does giving you the ability to bring back people full health just meddle with the concept of the game, but you're already over-stepping over the other supports. They can only boost their team's health with their ultimates. Why should yours bring them back AND give them full heath? If you don't think that's over-powered you are silly. I've seen plenty of great alternatives to Mercy's kit here but if it doesn't involve the original rez, or instant rez it immediately gets down-voted because it doesn't fit into your narrative of, "Already was balanced."

inb4 you check my profile, I mostly play support/tanks with most of my hours on Mercy between QP and Comp (141). You're welcome.

And in all that, you say the MAIN thing is that killing off enemies is what the game is about (true enough in a limited fashion), and Rez should not be in a FPS (not in so many words) or if it is it should be at reduced health. Problem with that is ORIGINAL Rez Mercy normally died, same with the squishes (DPS, other Supports) making it instant Ult building for the enemy team unless the Tank is a shield one AND puts up their shield FAST.
There were ALWAYS counters to a Huge Rez, though most of us went for Tempo Rezes to keep key players in the game. Kill the Mercy is the easiest. I can't tell you how many times I was Solo Ulted right before the enemy team Ulted the rest of my team. Then the claim of "Hide and Rez" was thrown about, a LOT, but even THAT had defenses against pulling it. All the enemy team had to do was keep 1 Ult in reserve just in case the Mercy pulled a "Huge Rez". I just wrote that up, so here is my own quote:
02/16/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Roseblite
Yep, an I stated this in here before.
3 enemies all pulled their Ults at once, getting team (but Mercy) killed in the "Showboating Express" (each trying for POG since someone else had pulled Ult). Me as Mercy coming back from Spawn I see my team dead, I fly in and pull a PERFECT 5 man Rez bringing back everyone, an this dang lil Tracer bombs the entire team. If the Tracer had not kept her Ult in reserve, then my team who mostly had their Ults would have moped the floor with the enemy team.

ALSO, I will reiterate this once again; "If you look up First Person Shooters, nowhere in any definition does it say that a FPS cannot have Resurrect in their game." Being that Overwatch is NOT a typical FPS but more of a Hybrid FPS with different abilities that are not normally found in MOST FPS. So unless you want to change Overwatch to DPSwatch give us something better than what we have now. Because what Mercy is right now is sooooooooo much less than what she originally was upon release.
part of the disconnect is that Mercy players still think "just kill her" is viable argument when the ability made you invulnerable, required no los, and there was no way to waste the ability. In other words, less counter play than any other ult in the game.

The "ult economy" arguments are equally problematic. It assumes that the team can pick and choose how they wipe the enemy team. On 2cp you are fighting right outside the enemy spawn. It takes a lot to wipe the team and holding back isnt always an option
Make Guardian Angel her highlight intro "Battle Angel" when her pistol is out, a self healing target less version of GA on a 10 second cool down.

Im tired of hiding.
02/17/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Alanar

That’s a very big statement coming from you. A lot of people knew that old Resurrect needed to be fair for both sides and one person gave the idea that her old ultimate should be LOS and blockable by barriers. But what happened that thread got locked and they were suspended from posting on the forums for giving a really good idea. They could’ve even got away with it as another rework not even a revert but we aren’t even being listened too and everyone thinks that the player base revolves around OWL and what they want. If they want balanced but fun and impactful ideas for Mercy maybe the best place to look for good ideas would be to ask a bunch of high tier Mercy players.
02/17/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Alanar

I understand that countering the old Resurrect isn't as easy as "just kill Mercy." A Mercy who is either hiding away or knows how to use her mobility well are hard to focus. Resurrect did need to be changed in order to make it more counterable and to punish hiding, but Blizzard could have changed something about Resurrect while keeping it as an ultimate. They didn't need to change her this much just to discourage hiding.

What I want to focus on here is "there was no way to waste the ability." Remember that Resurrect as an ultimate was still an ultimate that Mercy had to charge, and it had a lot of different uses. Yes, you could get huge 4 or 5 man rezzes, or you could tempo rez to keep a numbers advantage during a team fight, or you can use the invincibility during Resurrect to keep yourself alive when an enemy deals a killing blow to you while also bringing a teammate back. There were a lot of ways to use it, and a lot of ways to waste it. You could tempo rez two teammates during a team fight, only for the enemy Zarya to trap them in a Graviton Surge and kill them again. You didn't expect Zarya to have grav yet, so you thought it was safe to rez, but you were wrong. Doomfist may try to punch you, and you rez in order to stay alive. Then other enemies start using their ultimates, and they wipe your team. Resurrect could have been useful then, but instead you had already used it for yourself. That was what made Resurrect as an ultimate an interesting ability, too. It required good ult economy and even better decision making, and your decision on when to use it could change in an instant depending on how each battle goes. Even if you never get off a huge rez in an entire game, if the tempo rezzes you did gave your team enough of an advantage to change the outcome of team fights, than they were rezzes well used. It's all about reading the situation, and it could be wasted if you don't read it well enough.
You might as well delete the resurrect ability because it's useless now. Valkyrie is terrible because of the limited mobility and the huge nerf to the resurrect ability. I just don't understand why you see that Mercy needs to constantly be nerfed into the ground to the point she will never see gameplay.
02/16/2018 08:38 PMPosted by True0Neutral

To say nothing of the fact that the character is a pacifist in lore.
Lore means nothing.
Zen's a pacifist too, D.Va's an elite soldier, Tracer's only tied to the present via her harness, Mercy can't rez in lore, and by lore standings the moon monkey should probably still be on the moon with the dead trainers and rioting apes instead of running the newly illegal Overwatch.
Plus by lore standings only Tracer, Mei, Winston and Talon operatives should be playable characters as the rest are retired, presumed dead, disbanded, haven't answered the recall, or were never a part of either organization. Soldier and Ana could be playable, as they are actively fighting, but neither canonically heeded the recall so it'd be debatable.
While I agree that Mercy's firepower really isn't her issue using the lore is probably the weakest possible argument against it.

Still, it doesn't suit Mercy's character. It's like if Reaper suddenly gains the ability to heal allies and joyfully skips around while doing so. It could be a very powerful and useful healing ability, but it's completely weird and out of character.
Please swallow your pride and revert Mercy.
Blizzard said that they reworked Mercy because she was too passive/reliant on rez, but I think they overlooked an obvious and much simpler solution:

GIVE MERCY 1.0 AN E ABILITY.

She stayed on the fringes of the fight because she had nothing to use to participate in it, aside from rez. You want Mercy to be more active? Then give her an active ability!

Mercy players being "too passive" wasn't a L2P issue, it was a design flaw in Mercy's base kit... One that's still there.
02/17/2018 09:58 AMPosted by lettucefase
Please swallow your pride and revert Mercy.
It's not about pride in this case.

They had good intentions with the rework, and it became too powerful. While they may know that she needs continued work after the latest nerfs, they CAN'T revert her without the rest of the playerbase experiencing what they did before the original rework. So while many people in this thread/the forums want Mass Rez back, large majority do not, and for good reason imho.

Best thing to ask for at this point in time, if you're not happy with where Mercy can go with her current kit, is for a second rework. You won't see Mass Rez again though, and constantly posting "#RevertMercy" or similar lines may even be why Blizzard has potentially stopped reading the posts in this thread. I know I wouldn't want to when the large majority of posts have been "#RevertMercy" or something similar. They're counter-productive posts.