[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 235 236 237
02/20/2018 07:24 AMPosted by LordArtorias
To those thinking we want blizzard to cater to mercy mains little news flash we just want them to fix the broke character she has no flow and it’s worse than 1.0 mercy. And I know this is going to come up, yes she’s still a viable hero but lacks everything else

Blizzard wouldn't even need to pay attention to Mercy players if they never forced this outrageous garbage down our throats. We would still be sitting quietly supporting our team with Tempo and Clutch Rezzes and I wouldn't be here giving my voice to an overdue problem.
02/20/2018 08:58 AMPosted by inplane
02/20/2018 07:24 AMPosted by LordArtorias
To those thinking we want blizzard to cater to mercy mains little news flash we just want them to fix the broke character she has no flow and it’s worse than 1.0 mercy. And I know this is going to come up, yes she’s still a viable hero but lacks everything else

Blizzard wouldn't even need to pay attention to Mercy players if they never forced this outrageous garbage down our throats. We would still be sitting quietly supporting our team with Tempo and Clutch Rezzes and I wouldn't be here giving my voice to an overdue problem.
youd still be quietly reversing team fights through walls or making us watch helplessly as you invulnerably rez the team in overtime on 2cp?
02/20/2018 07:03 AMPosted by QuizzyBunny

Moira can put a better dmfight than the Genji on your team that keeps ignoring her. Orb and beam but remeber to turn back and heal

Uhm, what? Sorry, don't really see what my quoted post has to do with your response.

What i meant is that DPS needs to learn how to aim and eliminate because at the moment if a Mercy flex over onto Moira and goes on the offense they are so much more realiable at eliminating Mercy, the so called Genji and Tracer pro on our teams
02/20/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Alanar
youd still be quietly reversing team fights through walls or making us watch helplessly as you invulnerably rez the team in overtime on 2cp?

If you consider a generalized stereotype the common rule, yes. If you want to know the truth, that only would happen too few times, a lot less than a dps ult destroying your whole defense in overtime on 2cp coming from nowhere. I did that with Reaper and almost with Junkrat, and I can assure you I almost wished a Mercy rezzed the other team because of how bad we had coordinated (I ulted at the same time as Pharah, both in the same place coming from the same hiding place, behind the same corner in Hanamura).

In addition, I would prefer a lesser problem easy to fix (aka, tweaks and/or SR fix to her old 1.x version) instead of a huge and global problem with an specific design (current situation).
Here are my ideas for Mercy, if anyone is interested:

-E key Ability "Medicine": When Mercy is near an ally, she can create a protective aura around that single ally to make them immune to most status conditions. (Ex: Ana's Anti-Heal, Zenyatta's Discord Orb, Mei's Freeze, Sombra's Hack, etc.) This aura last for 5 seconds and its on a 10 second cooldown.

-Ultimate Ability: It should still be "Valkyrie", but now it has a bigger focus on "Resurrect". When activated, the "Medicine" ability is swapped for the "Resurrect" ability. The Rez is instant, and its on cooldown for either 5 or 10 seconds. As for the Healing beam and Damage beam, they should no longer pass on to another ally in order for Valkyrie to not be OP. (At least that's what I think.)

So, what do you guys think? Does this work?
02/20/2018 08:58 AMPosted by inplane

I mean what ever floats your boat and still being on hiding Rez and invulnerability from mercy 1.- we are well beyond that we’re talking about addressing the issues we have currently, I don’t see clutch Rezes anymore nor do I see mercy’s ult do anything great it does the same amount of healing as she does just standing there every other support has great ults but if you can look people dead in the eye and say she’s fine you and I have issues
As long as we are spitballing ways to make Mercy more fun, here is one way to do that.

Objectives
    Make Mercy's midfight more engaging
    Increase Mercy's skillgap
    Balance the rez mechanic

Changes
    Move Valk to E, give it a cooldown of 15-20 seconds, and give it a duration of 3-5 seconds (depending on cooldown).
    Make Rez an ultimate again, make it instant again, but keep it single-target.

Effect of the changes
As an E ability, Valk is much more engaging and skill-intensive than Rez. The current flowchart for Rez is comprised only of (1) is it safe to rez? and (2) is rez off cooldown? That is not much to think about, and it is not very fun. An extremely brief Valk, however, would act much more like a Lucio Amp in that it requires a lot from the player. Players will need to ask themselves: do I pop Valk early to damage boost this team push? Should I save it to escape from a flanker? Is it worth using Valk to confirm a kill? Is it worth using Valk to take a shortcut like flying under last point King's Row or across the Eichenwalk moat? The list goes on.

Meanwhile, as an ultimate, single-target Rez is much more engaging and skill-intensive than Valk. Currently, Valk as an ult can feel like a spectator mode, and it asks little of the player. Pop it when the teamfight starts and dart around. If your team is clumped, you don't even need to flick your beam around anymore. Rez, on the other hand, requires you to keep track of who on your team has ults, who on the enemy team has ults, where to position to get a clean Rez, and how to time your Rez without letting teammates die. Further, as an earned ability, Rez will require the Mercy to know whether rezzing a teammate will actually swing a fight, or whether she would be wasting her ult.

tl;dr Switch Rez and Valk and rebalance each accordingly.
02/20/2018 10:40 AMPosted by LordEarle
Make Rez an ultimate again, make it instant again, but keep it single-target.

Single target Res might be too under powered... because it becomes a difficult choice if say like all 5 players are dead. The impact of resurrecting one person will do more harm than good because you will be offsetting the resurrection time.

Current Valkyrie can stagger the cause of the death by healing through the damage being dealt on the player.

Also with a single target... people may still just use it for rapid tempo res... res and heal as much as possible then res again... the benefit of the ultimate res from 1.0 was that the mult res function made it more difficult to just cast it on the one person... sure Mercy can regain the ult just by healing but is it worth casting it on a single person.

Also the so called 'skill gap' back on system basis was still Resurrection Done... unless you can determine a way to define the Mercy skillgap then single res is not the way to go... since people will just instant cast it to get as much value as possible, if it were single target
Mercy is a super fun healer to play, but from this nerf she's just not the same anymore. Her ultimate doesn't even feel like an ultimate at all. All it really does is that it can heal multiple people or strengthen multiple people at the same time. I feel that she should AT LEAST be able to revive 2 people in her ult (gain an additional revive).
02/20/2018 11:05 AMPosted by KrisUniwolf
Mercy is a super fun healer to play, but from this nerf she's just not the same anymore. Her ultimate doesn't even feel like an ultimate at all. All it really does is that it can heal multiple people or strengthen multiple people at the same time. I feel that she should AT LEAST be able to revive 2 people in her ult (gain an additional revive).
Plus the cast time is awful, especially in ult form.
wow there were 4,000 comments recently ... let's go 5000 !! and I think Mercy is a bit boring on ult now. When you play Ana and do "YOU POWERED UP GET IN THERE!" Or Moira, "SURRENDER TO MY WILL" you feel that you have some influence on the game, and Mercy? you can only hold the stick and fly away towards the sun
02/20/2018 10:16 AMPosted by LordArtorias
...youd still be quietly reversing team fights through walls or making us watch helplessly as you invulnerably rez the team in overtime on 2cp?

I mean what ever floats your boat and still being on hiding Rez and invulnerability from mercy 1.- we are well beyond that we’re talking about addressing the issues we have currently, I don’t see clutch Rezes anymore nor do I see mercy’s ult do anything great it does the same amount of healing as she does just standing there every other support has great ults but if you can look people dead in the eye and say she’s fine you and I have issues
im in the boat of letting the meta settle. Shes balanced right now. The only difference between this build and last build is that Mercy is now balanced. Everyone seemed to be having a fine time playing her before the nerf
Just give me back my old Rez with some tweaks, that is all it needed in the first place.

Get rid of the dang exploitable SR gain for Huge Rez, for those that use Rez incorrectly by "Hide and Rez". Remove the incentive, you get rid of the problem.

Also, an "E" ability, Valkyrie would be good then we could fly above boosting damage or healing for a push.

The Rework is a total failure, any 1st grade student could plainly see that since it was originally so Over Powered that it took 5 Nerfs to get it to where you say it is balanced. But it is a Suicide run to attempt a Rez unless you Hide TO Rez, and that was the complaint that got us the rework in the FIRST place.
So fix this crippled Hero already.
02/20/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Alanar
<span class="truncated">...</span>
im in the boat of letting the meta settle. Shes balanced right now. The only difference between this build and last build is that Mercy is now balanced. Everyone seemed to be having a fine time playing her before the nerf

In no way shape or form is she balanced nerfed to the ground isn’t balanced, I’m not saying boost her back to the way she was I’m saying fix the character as a whole your missing that completely and this is coming from someone who has play so little time playing any type of healer let alone mercy and saying she’s fine stop playing devils advocate and actually play the character then give some constructive feedback
Giv us back suicide 5 man rez, that way we go back to a time where the Hide and REz was ineffective as it came with the disadvantage of both a dead healer AND the enemy having positioning advantage.

Then after that we give Mercy an ACTUAL E ability
Not some mini ult with drawbacks slapped on to make it look like an E but an actual E ability that can be balanced on a cooldown between 6 and 12 seconds.
Flash Heals
AOE burst heal
Enemy slowdown effect
Damage reduction on allies
Just SOMETHING that is an actual E

Then Mercy is fixxed and we can all be happy
...im in the boat of letting the meta settle. Shes balanced right now. The only difference between this build and last build is that Mercy is now balanced. Everyone seemed to be having a fine time playing her before the nerf

In no way shape or form is she balanced nerfed to the ground isn’t balanced, I’m not saying boost her back to the way she was I’m saying fix the character as a whole your missing that completely and this is coming from someone who has play so little time playing any type of healer let alone mercy and saying she’s fine stop playing devils advocate and actually play the character then give some constructive feedback
i dont think what you are saying is reality. I dont play healers much but i can say that if my team is going to have a solo healer i would vastly prefer it be Mercy.
02/20/2018 10:15 AMPosted by SilverSteel
Here are my ideas for Mercy, if anyone is interested:

-E key Ability "Medicine": When Mercy is near an ally, she can create a protective aura around that single ally to make them immune to most status conditions. (Ex: Ana's Anti-Heal, Zenyatta's Discord Orb, Mei's Freeze, Sombra's Hack, etc.) This aura last for 5 seconds and its on a 10 second cooldown.

-Ultimate Ability: It should still be "Valkyrie", but now it has a bigger focus on "Resurrect". When activated, the "Medicine" ability is swapped for the "Resurrect" ability. The Rez is instant, and its on cooldown for either 5 or 10 seconds. As for the Healing beam and Damage beam, they should no longer pass on to another ally in order for Valkyrie to not be OP. (At least that's what I think.)

So, what do you guys think? Does this work?

You know what, I take it back. Lets just bring Mercy 1.0 back with the Multi-Rez Ultimate; only this time, she's now given the "Medicine" ability.