[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 73 74 75 237 Next
i'm kind of confused on why playing a lesser zen's ult when you can play the true zen's ult? isn't it better to just use Zen then considering Mercy is offering less?
01/30/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Marsu
Please try to see the Valkyrie rework didn't have the desired effect and try something else. Mercy 2.0 just gets so boring to play.
Sincerely, most Mercy mains

#RevertMercy

Totally agree with this. I understand completely that two revives after activating Valkyrie was too much, I also understand that being able to use them instantly was also too much. Most changes are good, but right now Mercy is only able to revive while she's not in a full on team fight. She can't save the game anymore like she used to and like most supports still can. (Aside from maybe Ana)

Mercy trying to revive in a team fight is almost impossible, only way it's possible if your opponents are absolutely oblivious to where you are. So I think that all changes are good, except the new time it takes to revive someone while in Valkyrie form. I still think it should be instant, because I believe that her pick rate will go from every game, to nearly no game. Unless there's a Pharah on the team I other wise feel like she's just useless right now.

Yes, I am a Mercy main and no I'm not salty. I just think you guys nerfed her a bit TOO much. I honestly don't like playing her anymore, now it's literally just holding left click and reviving every now and again. I feel useless and it's boring.
What's the point of Mercy's ult? It has become nothing more than an auto-flight for Mercy.

There's no point to tell your team whether your ult is ready because it has no impact.

Rez is a 30s cycle no matter what. If it's a 6mins game, she can only Rez 12 times. No more, no less. That haven't even include if she gets stunned or killed while rezzing.

In the end, this Nerf only make Mercy 2.0 no different from Mercy 1.0 in terms of engagement.

This Nerf does nothing more than appease the DPS mains at the expense of Support players. For several months of silence in the PTR, this is the best iteration they could come up with?

Either Blizzard lacks designers or their focus are else where because this iteration looks like someone could come up with in just half an hour. No thinking needed, no brainstorming needed.

Done.

Move on the next thing on the list to do.

People have spent hours and time to think of a way to make Mercy better while nerfing her but instead the feedbacks we're told off with "It's too complicated."

With the release of OWL, it is clear that this Nerf is nothing more than a quick fix for the OWL. They had clearly forgotten about Mercy's iteration in the PTR and only remembered it upon OWL. Hence, this Nerf.

This proves they only listen to the pros, big money and esports. All the talks of listening to everyone, regardless of their level, was nothing more than a facade.
Blizzard, nice joke on the feedback part, as you can see, most of people in this thread agree that you !@#$ed up on her kit, so where is your feedback ? You nerfed her so hard that she is literally unplayable and many people don't even pick her only because what ? Some pro players gets all whiny and %^-*!y when a Mercy ressurects some people when that player for example gets a nice headshot on one ? I don't care that you want your game to become some e-sport @#$% and you listen to these guys. All I want is to have a nice and fun gameplay. I used to play Mercy a lot after rework, she was fine, 2 ressurects on ult or one slow without, you could easily counter that just by killing her before teamfights, that was done really nicely, but what you've done now is a pure joke, if this game is going to become what it's aiming for, then bye, I am definitely not gonna stay here any longer.
You could erase the 1,5 sec rez time while ulting, or you could bring back the second rez but keep the rez time
I'm sure blizzard knows this and probably has been mentioned by many people but the main problem with mercy being overpowered is the resurrect ability. We remember why Lucio's speed boost got nerfed right? because people were just running back into the fight so fast after dying that it was extremely frustrating to fight against an enemy team that keeps running back and makes each kill feel less significant. Well here we have mercy who can boost the person back into the fight with a basic ability every 30 seconds.

No matter what aspects of mercy they touch the resurrect ability will definitely be the core of the problem in every iteration. Mercy's strength is dictated by whether she can successfully resurrect the dead ally. This means that she'll never find the point of balance between being overpowered and underpowered.

Now then the solution is relatively simple. Nerf the resurrection or remove it from the basic ability and only have it attached to Valkyrie ultimate.

First option of nerfing the resurrection itself could involve something like:
1. Make the resurrection temporary, or for about 15 seconds after being resurrected, the resurrected target only stays alive while mercy is alive for a certain duration after resurrection and dies with her in this time frame.
2. Give a penalty on resurrected target, such as not being resurrected at full hp, not being able to receive any healing for short duration after being resurrected, some sort of movement or damage debuff for short duration after being resurrected.

Another option of removing the resurrection as a basic ability will involve either enabling the resurrect ability only when Valkyrie has been cast or give some sort of utility skill that could do something like increase healing amount on target or some survivability skill which switches to resurrect when Valkyrie is cast.

If any of the options feels too weak mercy could get a meaningful secondary weapon that provides some form of survivability. As resurrection seems to be Mercy's identity I don't think it will ever be removed but the ability itself will never truly be healthy in a game that is about fighting to take over a point in a limited time. Mercy's old ultimate was bad and it was good that they changed it but the team has simply failed to balance her kit.

Hopefully devs swallows their pride and take time to read through community feedback and experiment with viable changes because at the moment, all mercy 'nerfs' has been extremely lazy. Even the community knew that this 'nerf' wasn't going to work and gave feedback but Blizzard hasn't addressed such concerns at all.
Seeing both sides of the coin ill put in my 2 cents.
For all those people who try to justify these nerfs to Mercy by saying she was:
* The most picked hero.
* The team with the only Mercy is an automatic win.
* Her resurrect has too much impact on the game.
* Nerfing her took Blizzard longer then any other hero.
* She was too hard to kill in Valkyrie.
Some of these points are partially true but after playing Mercy today i really feel sorry for the players who one trick her or have her as a main.
She is basically a Healbot now. That is the best way i can put it.
You can say she also damage boosts, but you got to be real its only 30%. You all know it's only ever used when all allies are topped off and paired with certain Ultimates which are all situational at best.
The ability [Resurrect] which defined her character is pretty much stripped away, you can say she is just like Pre-Patch D.va with only 2 abilities for her Resurrect ability is as good as gone.
Practically it is now only used during a poke phase before a team fight to bring an unfortunate enemy pick on a team mate or if an ally is positioned just right for her to get in that safe Resurrect.
Removing the instant Resurrect during Valkyrie was the change that destroyed her. Before when you heard her ultimate voice line you knew it will be a big contribution to the fight but now it's like a joke to a point i would even say its on the same level as Widowmakers Ultimate.
I am saying all this as a Neutral mind set, this nerf is way too much.
I may be in the minority that does NOT want pre-Valkyrie mercy back. She's more fun now, more versatile. However, that being said...

Valkyrie is broken right now.

My fix

standard abilities - no change:
Guardian Angel
Resurrect 3 sec cast, 30 sec cool down

Ultimate Ability (15 sec)
*No bonus resurrect
*Resurrect 1.5 sec cast, cool down 55% faster (gives possibility of second rez if you do it right)

* If resurrect is used prior to ult then full cool down will be in effect

**(maybe) during ult will heal AND boost at same time!**

just my opinion.
Mercy's rez in and out of ult can be countered if you're paying attention and anyone who says they are "forced" to play mercy just doesn't know how to take care of themselves when they have no healer or a diffrent healer.

Practice, learn.
Just get rid of rez at this point. Please.

Give her miracle worker or something.
New E ability to replace revive. If you use it and you're healing someone, they can't go below 1 HP for 5 seconds. Cooldown 2 minutes.
Give back to what she used to be!
From 5 man instant Rez to now only 1 and it isn’t instant!OMEGALUL

Tons of feedbacks have given to you,just revert her and slightly change her a bit is already enough.

Btw,It is a false trade descriptions, false, misleading or incomplete information to me the players who buy this game for Mercy because Mercy now is totally different .You used Mercy’s five man Rez to do promotion of this game and 1 year later now you ruined everything of the character.I would have my right to file a complaint to BBB to seek help from them.It is a unfair trade practices.
Just put her back to 1.0. The rework was not “a success” it’s been so many inconsistent changes and was a bad idea in the first place. This breaks two blizz core values of “game play” bc she isn’t fun what’s so ever and “listening to the player base” because no one was ever happy with the rework. I don’t even know who asked for it in the first place. I never saw anyone use hide and rez but it was to gain an sr bonus that has been taken away so theoretically ppl wouldn’t hide anymore. Tweak 1.0 give that cast time, an E, or charge that decays if inactive like zarya.
She might be balanced right now, but she's not particularly enjoyable in the state she is in when it comes to how her gameplay feels to the player. Even if you do have impact you can't really feel it, the flow of her kit feels messed up.

Resurrect on a cooldown doesn't work, listen to EeveeA's suggestions for that ability and fix her: Put it on a resource meter instead of making it so unenjoyable and frankly unusuable in most mid fights that it basically only functions as a fast respawn after you've already won a fight. Or remove it and replace it with something else.
I'd prefer the first, but I'd also welcome the latter if it means making her more enjoyable to play again.
Because mercy is easy to play and the heel is easy and the line is indispensable. Support is the line that every game has to offer. You are making no support at all in each game and you are destroying your own game. The game has 35 million players. Why is it so long?
01/30/2018 01:27 PMPosted by MercyMainBTW
You guys are joking with this right? The other feedback post from November gets ignored and you put up another one? For what? So you can ignore everything again? over 6200 comments on the other feedback post and nothing. How many comments do you need for you to actually acknowledge this post?
more people wanted her nerfed than buffed. not a lot of people like playing a character that sits around holding one button.
02/01/2018 04:16 AMPosted by poom
Because mercy is easy to play and the heel is easy and the line is indispensable. Support is the line that every game has to offer. You are making no support at all in each game and you are destroying your own game. The game has 35 million players. Why is it so long?

People that say that Mercy is easy to play pisses me off. Yes, it might be easy to learn her but it takes a long !@# time to get good at her. Especially with all these changes that keep happening.
02/01/2018 04:23 AMPosted by antonio
01/30/2018 01:27 PMPosted by MercyMainBTW
You guys are joking with this right? The other feedback post from November gets ignored and you put up another one? For what? So you can ignore everything again? over 6200 comments on the other feedback post and nothing. How many comments do you need for you to actually acknowledge this post?
more people wanted her nerfed than buffed. not a lot of people like playing a character that sits around holding one button.

More people probably did want her changed, not nerfed, but right now it's only holding mouse button one and every now and again you revive someone.
The Mercy nerf is not ok she is not fun or usefull anymore you cant use rez on team fights this is a nightmare for Mercy mains we cant play our favorite hero because she is trash.Blizzard please listen to support mains as well and not only the dps mains.If valkyrie doesent work think of anew rework or bring back the old mercy with some changes.I hope blizzard will understand this problem and try to make Mercy the guardian angel that all these players loved uncluding me before the rework. #revertMercy
When I press to ult as Mercy now and she says "I will watch over you" in a semi heroic way I just end up thinking like roughly "I'm trash talking like I have ult impact and I'm more likely to fall dead on top of them than watch over them." It has no ult impact, changes nothing and is very easy to knock out of the sky now. At times I feel like "why even press Q to ult, it's not going to help. I'll get more healing off overall and more safely too if I stay on the ground in non ult."