New heroes content pace

General Discussion
We all love skins and other cosmetics, we all love event. They are great and fun for some time. But they add nothing to the core game.

Core gameplay is about maps, gamemodes and, the most importantly - heroes.
Heroes are the core of this game. Heroes are what makes this game fun to play and to watch. Heroes are tools we players interact with the game. Heroes create gameplay moments and situations.

Jeff once said that it becomes more and more difficult to add new heroes because of all things they require to have: skins, emotions and other stuff. And now, all new heroes should have OWL skins too.

Because of that I want to ask you, my fellow players, what kind of pace for new hero implementation you prefer more?
1) To receive a new hero with all cosmetics it should have, but with longer periods between new heroes.
Or
2) To receive new heroes faster, but get some cosmetics in later patches.

Keep in mind that it affect only amount of cosmetics and non-gameplay stuff and does not affect hero and its functionality and balance.
I'd rather wait longer for a hero with no cosmetics but is balanced.
I didn't really understand why he said that TBH.
I personally don't care if a new hero has a sit animation or not, as long as they add something new to the game.
Pretty much every other game releases new characters with 2 skins and adds them over time, and I personally would prefer that method.
Yes and lets face it, most heroes core cosmetics are their worst ones, or at least fairly weak. Some have really good ones and they all have a handful of high quality stuff but just look at Doomfists skins at launch, very few were that great and Moiras weren't much better. All the original heroes ones didn't really change them much and frankly a lot of this stuff can feel like filler. I'd rather my hero had less cosmetics but played well and the stuff they have is of higher quality.
Even if they had heroes launch with incomplete galleries, you'd still see long periods of time in between heroes. The devs need to look at how that hero will affect the existing roster, and how'll they effect the future of the game, what old/new heroes will be their counter, what old/new heroes will they counter, what old/new maps will they be good on, and what old/new maps will they be bad on. That's just how it is
01/20/2018 01:50 PMPosted by JakuNonon
Even if they had heroes launch with incomplete galleries, you'd still see long periods of time in between heroes. The devs need to look at how that hero will affect the existing roster, and how'll they effect the future of the game, what old/new heroes will be their counter, what old/new heroes will they counter, what old/new maps will they be good on, and what old/new maps will they be bad on. That's just how it is

Yep, but Jeff said that new hero is already complete. It has a base model and animations, they like how it works and how it is balanced. And now they only do cosmetic stuff like skins and story trailer.
It is complete now, in January, but we have to wait until March simply because of cosmetic stuff.
I don't think cosmetics are the thing slowing down hero releases, sure the new hero might be done, but that doesn't mean its perfect
Heroes are every 4 months and hasn't changed since release... I'd rather have the cosmetic/emotes released naturally... as in when the team think "Oh I've got a great idea for this hero" rather than "Oh Crap, I have to think of a sit/laugh emote for this hero now I have to shoehorn one in"

The point of introducing a new hero is:
- Providing a role that the game needs (... a Healer/Tank hybrid is a good example)
- Provide an interesting character as a selling point for the role (Maybe Mama Hong as a cook that's big and tanky but heals teammates with food)

The cosmetic stuff was an after thought to begin with and it should remain as an after thought.