Comp season 8 is absolutely stupid

Competitive Discussion
-Orisa is better than Rein in almost every way, people refuse to play her because Rein has worked fine for 6 seasons and they have a golden hammer
-Mercy is a hero you either pick or lose
-Junkrat can double mine most of the roster
-The Mercy and Junkrat changes are on the PTR and have been for two months but are being witheld for no reason(Mercy I could understand if they said they were changing her eventually, but Junkrat? The hell is he taking so long for?)
-Mei is STILL absolutely unplayable at higher SR
-In the past two days, I've lost all but a few games. Every loss can be explained by either a smurf on the enemy team, a one trick on my team, or not having a Mercy main on my team. My wins can be traced back to these reasons but working against the enemy team
-There is now zero incentive left to flex with the SR changes above diamond. I have two accounts, one flex and one where I only dps, and with the changes I cannot and will not flex anymore. Personal performance no longer has a part to play so when I get a one trick or Ana player who's mentally stuck in season 2, I will lose the same SR I would if I picked offensive Mei and actually enjoyed myself. And believe me I spent a good week trying to flex and win but I just cannot, despite 4 golds most of the time as Zarya.
-1/4th of the hero roster is "off meta" and deemed a troll pick
-Mob mentality rules the forums and as a result Blizzard caters only to people who yell on the forums about how broken everything is
^
01/22/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Champ
-The Mercy and Junkrat changes are on the PTR and have been for two months but are being witheld for no reason(Mercy I could understand if they said they were changing her eventually, but Junkrat? The hell is he taking so long for?)

You know that nerf to Junk will make him trash tier isnt it?
01/22/2018 08:43 PMPosted by DarkCat

A hero that can only be viable if overpowered is a poorly designed hero. And that's pretty much the only reason why Junkrat was/is viable and why people jumped 1000-1500 SR solely by playing Junkrat.

I have an entire folder of screenshots of players going from bronze/silver/gold to high diamond and masters only by one-tricking junkrat after he was buffed.

It would the biggest favor Blizzard has done to the community of OW, in the history of the game. Nerfing a hero that has been broken for 6 months and still saying the game is awesome. For real???
01/22/2018 08:45 PMPosted by TwixSnickers
I have an entire folder of screenshots of players going from bronze/silver/gold to high diamond and masters only by one-tricking junkrat after he was buffed.

your life sure is interesting...

I wont bother to argue with you, you are irrational and your hate towards Junkrat makes impossible to even try to talk to you about the balance of the hero.

Forum Moderator Note: Player Callout removed.

A hero that can only be viable if overpowered is a poorly designed hero. And that's pretty much the only reason why Junkrat was/is viable and why people jumped 1000-1500 SR solely by playing Junkrat.

Actually I think you are one of those players as well.

Your 5 top most played heroes:

Hanzo - 8 hours
Junkrat - 6 hours
Doomfist - 3 hours
Moira - 2 hours
McCree - 2 hours

Your winrates:

Hanzo - 53%
Junkrat - 65%
Doomfist - 54%
Moira - 42%
McCree - 35%

Of course that you don't want junkrat balanced. It's back to gold for you if the changes go live.

Oh no, making it so his mine doesn't do full damage if it barely hits you and making him required to AIM his mine is going to nerf him into trash tier! Whatever shall we do?! God forbid the highest dps spam hero in the game in an fps is required to vaguely aim now!
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
01/22/2018 08:51 PMPosted by TwixSnickers
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Actually I think you are one of those players as well.

Your 5 top most played heroes:

Hanzo - 8 hours
Junkrat - 6 hours
Doomfist - 3 hours
Moira - 2 hours
McCree - 2 hours

Your winrates:

Hanzo - 53%
Junkrat - 65%
Doomfist - 54%
Moira - 42%
McCree - 35%

Of course that you don't want junkrat balanced. It's back to gold for you if the changes go live.

First: My winrate with Hanzo is surprisingly good, damn

Second: Junkrat is one of my mains i dont care about his winrate i like the hero and im good at it and i dont always play him, in some matches i only play him for like half of it or even less so the Winrate with him is kinda busted ( the same could be said about Doomfist, i tend to switch off him kinda quickly)
01/22/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Champ

Oh no, making it so his mine doesn't do full damage if it barely hits you and making him required to AIM his mine is going to nerf him into trash tier! Whatever shall we do?! God forbid the highest dps spam hero in the game in an fps is required to vaguely aim now!

You know nothing about the hero im sure of that
-Orisa is better than Rein in almost every way, people refuse to play her because Rein has worked fine for 6 seasons and they have a golden hammer
-Mercy is a hero you either pick or lose
-Junkrat can double mine most of the roster
-Mei is STILL absolutely unplayable at higher SR
-In the past two days, I've lost all but a few games. Every loss can be explained by either a smurf on the enemy team, a one trick on my team, or not having a Mercy main on my team. My wins can be traced back to these reasons but working against the enemy team
-There is now zero incentive left to flex with the SR changes above diamond. I have two accounts, one flex and one where I only dps, and with the changes I cannot and will not flex anymore. Personal performance no longer has a part to play so when I get a one trick or Ana player who's mentally stuck in season 2, I will lose the same SR I would if I picked offensive Mei and actually enjoyed myself. And believe me I spent a good week trying to flex and win but I just cannot, despite 4 golds most of the time as Zarya.
-1/4th of the hero roster is "off meta" and deemed a troll pick
-Mob mentality rules the forums and as a result Blizzard caters only to people who yell on the forums about how broken everything is

if blizzard followed mob mentality mercy would still have 4 rezzes during valk, dva would still have 400 armor, genji would have no dash reset and a pointless deflect leaving him trash tier, tracer would do about half damage per clip she does now etc.
[quote="207593693825"]

It would the biggest favor Blizzard has done to the community of OW, in the history of the game. Nerfing a hero that has been broken for 6 months and still saying the game is awesome. For real???

Since when has Junkrat been broken for 6 months? Even after he got his latest buffs people screamed at people for daring to pick him in competitive cause Tracer, Genji, Pharah, and Soldier are better and more reliable.

It's fine though, it just showcases the mentality of meta hero players not willing to share the spotlight with other heroes. You guys will cry just as hard when and if Symmetra, Doomfist, Mei, Hanzo, or any other "terrible" hero gets buffed and starts seeing play.
I say any hero is a threat in the right hands. I loved junkrat before and after his buff it didn't matter to me. I don't know if that's because I flex so I don't have a specific hero that I main but out of all of them I have always had the most fun with junkrat. Yeah some heroes are more reliable than others but I play the hero depending on the team comp and which fits the current map we are playing on the best. Soldier may be a more reliable hero but junkrat may be better to use over soldier on certain maps or heroes your up against. I've seen all heroes be used an wreck the other team. I just played a match today where the enemy team used a torb on attack moving the payload and he destroyed my team. It also had to do with my team being idiots thinking they can take on the team running in one at a time but I could tell he was skilled regardless of that. You play a character enough and you will beast with them but alway keep in mind that there is always someone more skilled then you are that you will face eventually and lose no matter what you do.
Totally agree. I'm just waiting for a new game to replace this. I can't do this anymore. I feel like over half my games are a waste of time. And I may get 1 or 2 decent games a day...out of several hours of playing. Every game...

(1) nobody will pick a healer
(2) nobody will pick a tank
(3) nobody will flex and pick a counter pick
(4) Widow players who can't hit anything
(5) teammate leaves
(6) the list could go go on

Do you think that soldier 76 is balanced?
-high dps
-incredibly forgiving on aim
-instant 120 dmg
-healing station (potentially healing 1200 over 5 seconds)
- best consistent mobility
- aim bot ult

Wow ur main such a underpowered high skill hero.... The irony is real.
01/23/2018 10:13 AMPosted by GucciS0mbra

Do you think that soldier 76 is balanced?
-high dps
-incredibly forgiving on aim
-instant 120 dmg
-healing station (potentially healing 1200 over 5 seconds)
- best consistent mobility
- aim bot ult

Wow ur main such a underpowered high skill hero.... The irony is real.

Good strawman argument. Maybe you don't want Junk to get nerfed because that'd mean you'd go back to gold too?