Blizzard World in competitive

Competitive Discussion
Listen if you want to give the rabid hordes their nostalgia injection so they keep buying your skins fine, but dont submit the competitive scene to it. Keep blizzard world out of comp rotation.
01/23/2018 01:24 PMPosted by funkydrummr
Listen if you want to give the rabid hordes their nostalgia injection so they keep buying your skins fine, but dont submit the competitive scene to it. Keep blizzard world out of comp rotation.

is it even in comp??
I clicked on this post hoping for some starts for the new map ;(.
I can only imagine the hellscape that will be capturing first point in comp
Blizzard World isn't in comp.
01/23/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Hattori
Blizzard World isn't in comp.

No one said it was...
It will go in rotation eventually right? I really like it, why wouldn't they include it
01/24/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Zeff
It will go in rotation eventually right? I really like it, why wouldn't they include it

Season 9 as I understand it.
No one liked horizon when it was originally made either.. give people time to learn the map and strats for it before you call it an awful map that shouldn't be in rotation..
01/24/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Voluer
No one liked horizon when it was originally made either.. give people time to learn the map and strats for it before you call it an awful map that shouldn't be in rotation..

A lot of players still dont like Horizon.
01/24/2018 01:51 PMPosted by EmoWeeb
01/24/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Voluer

But some do. Some hate eichenwald, some don't. Some will hate blizz world.. Some won't. That is simply how it goes when dealing with an audience of millions of people.
Out of my 20+ games on BlizzWorld, I have only seen Attack win 3 times. It seems, now I say seems, heavily in favor of defense. Just my opinion so far.
01/24/2018 02:46 PMPosted by DrinkyCrow
Out of my 20+ games on BlizzWorld, I have only seen Attack win 3 times. It seems, now I say seems, heavily in favor of defense. Just my opinion so far.

2 friends and I played 6 games on it (It's on arcade as its own level). We won twice as attack and enemy won once or twice on attack (Wasn't paying attention as discussing new skins etc in group chat).

So close to 50-50 from an incredibly small sample size of gold tier players... Let's see how the pros do.
01/24/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Voluer
01/24/2018 01:51 PMPosted by EmoWeeb

But some do. Some hate eichenwald, some don't. Some will hate blizz world.. Some won't. That is simply how it goes when dealing with an audience of millions of people.

There was a poll while ago about least faborite map in reddit with thousands of replies about favorite and least favorite maps. I think the most hated map of all was Horizon with something like 53% of votes on it.
The capture part of blizz world is fairly strong, but I've won most attacks I think tbh.. found it incredibly frustrating the few times we didn't.

The rest of the map seems a roll over, it gets worse for defenders further in it goes
01/24/2018 02:46 PMPosted by DrinkyCrow

Map design affects team compositions. People who come at Blizzardworld like King's Row are not going to have a good game.
I love blizzworld, spent all night with my usual comp stack practicing on it and won every game attack/def out of about 20 games. I think it takes a much more cooridnated team to make work on either side.
It's a great map, but not for comp. It should only be in QP and Arcade.
what so wrong with it that it should be out of the comp rotation? some explanation to your hatred toward it would give us some context