No Mercy Nerfs Yet - And That's a Good Thing

General Discussion
01/30/2018 08:05 AMPosted by idcIFurLGBT
01/30/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Pokono
But weren't we talking about how to counter Valkyrie here? You know I can fly during it, right? Without Pharah? Again, they can try to shoot me, but Moth's weird movement patern and small hitbox makes it really hard to hit her unless High Noon or Soldier ult, and again, Genji would dash to me, if he were on the high ground, but like I said I can fly away.

She needs a GA target to fly to during Valkyrie, unless that's a Pharah she's gonna dive into the ground where her team is, your team just shoot her then.

Genji just doesn't counter Valk dude

If I target the Mercy specifically on Genji with a Dragonblade I kill her more often than not, some goes for when I make her my priority on Pharah, 2 shots, not hard.

GA targeting distance is EXTREMELY long during Valk, I can fly half the map If I wanted to, I will always have someone to fly too.

''Oh, but them you will dive into the ground, won't have enough time to go back up and I will easily kill you like I do against other Mercys.''

Idk which Mercys you have gone against, but they seen pretty bad if what you claim is true, that you can kill her easily during Valk as Genji, because a way to avoid ''Diving into the ground'' like you keep claiming is to press shift, yeah, if you press shift you can cancel GA, doing this you will dive down, but just a little, enough to countinue making it hell for your team to hit me but enough so you don't have enough range to hit me. You know when pro Pharahs stay in roofs going in and out of cover to hit people and it 's annoying AF? I can do the same with Mercy, the beam stays on someone for 1s without LoS, so that's another way of doing it.

I'm a strong independemt Mercy that doesn't need no Pharah to survive. xd
Idk which Mercys you have gone against, but they seen pretty bad if what you claim is true, that you can kill her easily during Valk as Genji, because a way to avoid ''Diving into the ground'' like you keep claiming is to press shift, yeah, if you press shift you can cancel GA, doing this you will dive down, but just a little, enough to countinue making it hell for your team to hit me but enough so you don't have enough range to hit me. You know pro Pharahs stay in roofs going in and out of cover to hit people and it 's annoying AF? I can do the same with Mercy, the beam stays on someone for 1s without LoS, so that's another way of doing it.

Again, if Genji goes wrong because the map doesn't allow him to get the Mercy for whatever reason (only like 2 maps) then go Pharah and 2 shot her before she can do anything
01/30/2018 08:18 AMPosted by idcIFurLGBT
Idk which Mercys you have gone against, but they seen pretty bad if what you claim is true, that you can kill her easily during Valk as Genji, because a way to avoid ''Diving into the ground'' like you keep claiming is to press shift, yeah, if you press shift you can cancel GA, doing this you will dive down, but just a little, enough to countinue making it hell for your team to hit me but enough so you don't have enough range to hit me. You know pro Pharahs stay in roofs going in and out of cover to hit people and it 's annoying AF? I can do the same with Mercy, the beam stays on someone for 1s without LoS, so that's another way of doing it.

Again, if Genji goes wrong because the map doesn't allow him to get the Mercy for whatever reason (only like 2 maps) then go Pharah and 2 shot her before she can do anything

I didn't read it properly, I thought It said that you can do the same (Easily Kill Valk Mercy as Genji) with Pharah, my bad. Well, its not like it changed the argument.

But anyway, when I valk, If I see that the team is doing okay, I will go and kill pharah myself like I do for widow myself, (Widow is more risky though) they (Pharah) don't even bother trying to hit me for some reason, when they do they miss because of the mentioned tactis to avoid plus more but I don't feel like going extremely in depth, but if you can do it constantly, well, good for you I guess.
Why would the developers choose to go back to a less-fun, also broken Mercy 1.0? I hope they push these PTR changes through soon, and then see how it is working out in live. They will have a lot more data than they do on the PTR. Continue tweaking it until it makes sense. An emotionally volatile vocal minority isn't the best trusted source for feedback.
01/30/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Eric
Why would the developers choose to go back to a less-fun, also broken Mercy 1.0? I hope they push these PTR changes through soon, and then see how it is working out in live. They will have a lot more data than they do on the PTR. Continue tweaking it until it makes sense. An emotionally volatile vocal minority isn't the best trusted source for feedback.

>Doesn't play Mercy
>Wants to talk about her being fun

''You know nothing''. Ana~

-----------

>Broken Mercy 1.0

lol, I still don't know how people think Mercy 1.0 was broken, she was underpowered and just needed huge rez to be tweaked and give her an actual E ability.

-------------------

''They should see how these works on live''

Everyone has been saying it, she will continue to be a must pick, but be even more boring, clunky and more of a chore to play, make it even worse for those being forced to be her.

-------------------

''Continue tweaking''

No matter they do it, Rez on E is OP, will always be and can't be balanced, should just revert.

-------------------

''Vocal minority''

Mercy is the most popular hero in the game, with the biggest fan-base, I don't think we are that of a minority you people keep taling about, even then, at least we are the part of the comunity that express our opinions instead of standing there in silence while they ruin the hero.
She needs a GA target to fly to during Valkyrie, unless that's a Pharah she's gonna dive into the ground where her team is, your team just shoot her then.
I really doubt you've played the game after Mercy 2.0 went live. Otherwise, you'd have known Valkyrie gives Mercy unlimited flight.

01/30/2018 08:05 AMPosted by idcIFurLGBT
Genji just doesn't counter Valk dude

If I target the Mercy specifically on Genji with a Dragonblade I kill her more often than not, some goes for when I make her my priority on Pharah, 2 shots, not hard.
No, you don't. The only time when an ulting Genji kills a Mercy in Valk, is when the Mercy F'd up her timing.

And no, Pharah ain't going to reliably kill a Mercy in Valk, either. Not if the Mercy has any semblance of awareness. In fact, it's likely to be the other way 'round.

Stop spreading BS, mate.
01/30/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Pokono
01/30/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Eric

>Doesn't play Mercy
>Wants to talk about her being fun

''You know nothing''. Ana~

-----------

>Broken Mercy 1.0

lol, I still don't know how people think Mercy 1.0 was broken, she was underpowered and just needed huge rez to be tweaked and give her an actual E ability.

-------------------

''They should see how these works on live''

Everyone has been saying it, she will continue to be a must pick, but be even more boring, clunky and more of a chore to play, make it even worse for those being forced to be her.

-------------------

''Continue tweaking''

No matter they do it, Rez on E is OP, will always be and can't be balanced, should just revert.

-------------------

''Vocal minority''

Mercy is the most popular hero in the game, with the biggest fan-base, I don't think we are that of a minority you people keep taling about, even then, at least we are the part of the comunity that express our opinions instead of standing there in silence while they ruin the hero.

I play Mercy. I'm not really sorry if you think me being flexible enough to play a wide variety of heroes is a negative. The friends I play with usually cover healing, and therefore I play other roles more often. I have 50+ hours as Mercy through all seasons of Competitive.

How many active posters do you think are on these official forums? 1,000? 2,500? 5,000?

There are probably at least 5,000,000 active players through PC and consoles currently. You aren't speaking for the masses.
01/30/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Fireboy769
Plus you don't see pros complain about the state of Mercy, only these forums. Which is like 1% of the playerbase (let's be real, here. Have you seen anybody wanting a Mercy Revert outside of these forums? I sure as hell haven't)

That's literally the opposite of the truth. Keep trying though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNX9jD-nJLQ
Nerfs are live :)
01/30/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Symjörn
Nerfs are live :)
YES
I hate pulling the "main" card here but you really aren't doing yourself any favors posting a pro-Mercy thread with a Mercy avatar and the vast majority of your hours played on Mercy.

She's boring to play against, even more boring to play and far more valuable than any other support hero to the point where she is considered a must pick in nearly every situation.

The devs have had more than enough time to adjust her at this point, it's been months of people both casual and professional complaining about how frustrating it is to play against her.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA