Lost connection without the reason

Bug Report
Hey folks, our network engineers have investigated an issue causing connection problems for some west coast players. They've made a change to mitigate the problem and players who were affected should have stable connections now.
01/22/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks, our network engineers have investigated an issue causing connection problems for some west coast players. They've made a change to mitigate the problem and players who were affected should have stable connections now.

Is this the same thing as the dc/rejoin loop bug? Or is this a separate issue?
Folks in-game have told me they’ve been experiencing “missing packet” issues. I haven’t experienced it myself for 4/5 matches but I have repeatedly witnessed people on both my team and the enemies AFKing and getting disconnected from voice. Of course, at first I suspect it was internet issues but it happened in every match I’ve played so now I’m convinced something is up.
01/22/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke

Hello Bill, could you guys please review the reconnect policy? Right now the system is way too eager to dish out SR penalties and suspensions. The situation described in this post is more common than it appears, and even in cases where something on the player's end hiccuped be it the ISP or the player's setup, it's in everyone's best interest to allow a re-connection so the match can continue. Right now if anything happens early, the system just cancels the match not even allowing a chance to reconnect.
I have been banned from competitive on 2 separate accounts now because of disconnecting. I have had the game since about the time it was released and played in every competitive season and this was the first season this has been a real issue. I have talked with support and tried everything I can but nothing seems to work. I never lose internet connection and I am always able to log right back in to my game after I disconnect so it's hard to understand why this is happening and I am running out of ideas of how to fix this. I find that competitive is the only place where people play the game properly and I can enjoy playing the game, but since I can not play competitive any more, I may have to give up on this game unfortunately. Please try to look for something to fix so I can keep playing this amazing game
This just happened to me on Xbox (Wildcardbeachs) and recorded it. I lost 50sc and went down in rank. Not happy
02/15/2018 04:55 PMPosted by JimJammss
I have been banned from competitive on 2 separate accounts now because of disconnecting. I have had the game since about the time it was released and played in every competitive season and this was the first season this has been a real issue. I have talked with support and tried everything I can but nothing seems to work. I never lose internet connection and I am always able to log right back in to my game after I disconnect so it's hard to understand why this is happening and I am running out of ideas of how to fix this. I find that competitive is the only place where people play the game properly and I can enjoy playing the game, but since I can not play competitive any more, I may have to give up on this game unfortunately. Please try to look for something to fix so I can keep playing this amazing game
It happens to me on a consistent basis so i have stopped playing Overwatch
After the new patch, Im keep getting dc for no reason.
plz fix it
Queued for a competitive match, it then, as soon as it found a match I, lost connection to the server. It said I could rejoin the match it never loaded a game. After a while it just returned to the normal home screen and I was penalized the usual leaving a match punishment. This has happened a lot and its kinda frustrating considering I never even loaded into the match in the first place
i rank lose dc same all peopl
pls fix it server
Xbox is having this issue too. Been disconnected 3 times today and the last time it kicked me, automatically gave me -50SR and wouldn't let me rejoin despite this all happening within 20 seconds but it allows me to search for another comp game...
Can you make it so if someone doesn't even join the match and lose connection before joining they don't get freakin suspended and lose 50 sr its not my fault my wifi is crap and there is nothing i can do about it.
The same. Ok, im reconnected wi-fi to LAN and then re-entered the game, or sometimes connection losts on 5-7 sec and game going out, when u going back -there is NO BUTTON to return to game.... idk why, my friends playing, say that I have time to back, but I have only lost points and this 10 mins.... Already lost 400+- points because that, today too and its very blow me why I wrote here... Can that points be retourned? I can send u log if its needs...
same here
Same thing happened to me as well, except I hadn't even joined the game yet on my screen. I was in a group with another player and for them we joined when my game was frozen. I'm super upset because I dropped 50 SR and got a 10 min ban. Really unfortunate.
I have been having this issue for some time and a bit annoyed by it I’ve already done the router but to no avail. I have not done any competitive but would be grateful to play this game after a long day of work.