Ana should shoot through full health allies

General Discussion
Good idea; although many ana plays heal teammates even when full so that they can get the added on healing in case damaged seeing she has an effect like Moira or vice versa!

Still good thing to take into account wouldn’t hurt to give it a try!
Am I allowed to bump a two and a half week old post?
Probably not.

This would only really be good if ana's rifle healing was instantaneous. Since there is value in using the healing over time to heal allies right as they're taking damage.

(Instant healing alone would be a very nice buff).
As someone who might become a PC Ana main, this is amazing
Great idea! Seems reasonable.
I hope Blizzard considers this.

Although it might just be a spam fest for easiest healing. Still reasonable it seems.
I dont hate this. I would just be fine with a larger ammo capacity though. I find her reloading wayy too much, and think that a 12 or 15 magazine would keep her combat ready when its needed
I really like being able to preheal my team, especially pharahs and Hanzos that are peeking the enemy, but it's far more common that an ally(damn you Lucio!) jumps in front of me and blocks a crucial heal that I think this change would be far more beneficial than prehealing.
I've been saying this for the past month!

The amount of D.va's I'e had troll me by standing in my way when I'm trying to heal our Zarya or Rein is such a pain in the !@#.
Her heal is a hot though. So techically you can preheal after a someone gets hooked for example.
Agreed
Love this idea.

We could take this even a step further and allow the projectile to ricochet once from surfaces. Like shooting at a wall or ground and it can hit a target after that.

Something that makes her special, because let's face it, her toolkit is boring.
02/17/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Ungod
I really like being able to preheal my team, especially pharahs and Hanzos that are peeking the enemy, but it's far more common that an ally(damn you Lucio!) jumps in front of me and blocks a crucial heal that I think this change would be far more beneficial than prehealing.

I can't tell you how many times allies have died because other allies step in the way of my shots. It's ridiculous.
I feel like this is going to be way clunkier than it sounds. Mainly because it doesn't change anything if your teammates all have some damage and get in the way of your priority target.

All the same, if this change is ever made, the Grenade should have some minor HoT to compensate that lost from her rifle, because I feel that's a bigger part of her Healing than most realize.
02/17/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Bansheebot
I feel like this is going to be way clunkier than it sounds. Mainly because it doesn't change anything if your teammates all have some damage and get in the way of your priority target.

All the same, if this change is ever made, the Grenade should have some minor HoT to compensate that lost from her rifle, because I feel that's a bigger part of her Healing than most realize.

She'd lose nothing and gain at least something. As for the heal-over-time on her shots, I find it kind of overrated. I'd much rather hit someone who is actually missing health, especially since she can run out of ammo as well.
Pre-healing is too important to see it go.
I think it would make sense to have some kind of priority system, where a shot will go through a full health target that's directly in front of you (maybe a Rein or Orisa).
Or a raycast that determines the targets and their health on it's path and prioritizes the one with less health. (Maybe also reading the enemies on the path, and prioritizing those if all friendly targets on the path are full health)

There's options to give this change to Ana without removing pre-healing. Please don't make pre-healing go away.
02/17/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Fareeha
Pre-healing is too important to see it go.

I think with a well coordinated team where people won't run in front of the Ana the pre-healing would definitely be better than what I'm suggesting.
However I still think Ana needs something to more consistently heal teammates, even if it's not what I suggested. She can't heal through barriers which also adds to her inconstancy of healing.
I just find her so much fun, it's a shame that she is so weak compared to some of the other supports.