Not all one tricks are equal

General Discussion
I know what I'm about to say might be upsetting to a few people, but I genuinely think some one tricks are better than others. For example, I think being a Genji or D.Va one tricks is better than being a sym or hanzo one trick. It's not because I like Genji and D.Va or cuz the pros play them but because they are viable in most situations. And heroes and sym and hanzo are not. Unless there were more than 2 on my team, I would be far more comfortable having one tricks on a meta heroes than on niche heroes.
Question: If that one trick Genji or Dva is being countered hard by the enemy team, are you gonna ask them to switch?

Because that's the thing I find most frustrating about this. Off-meta, how dare you drag the team down, report them. Meta, oh you just suck at -----.

And meta can change at a heartbeat. Just look at the flood about Mercy right now. Guess whose getting harassed just as badly as the sym/hanzo one tricks even though the Swedish doctor is the most played hero in the game. They haven't even given the adjustments a chance yet.

Then you have the opposite, like South Korea taking not one, but two World Cups by mopping the floor with the other teams, using everyone but Symmetra in their matches. It makes you wonder if you want someone who is competent on one hero, meta or not, or someone who can be competent on 5 or more.
01/30/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Miraude

And meta can change at a heartbeat. Just look at the flood about Mercy right now. Guess whose getting harassed just as badly as the sym/hanzo one tricks even though the Swedish doctor is the most played hero in the game. They haven't even given the adjustments a chance yet.

Then you have the opposite, like South Korea taking not one, but two World Cups by mopping the floor with the other teams, using everyone but Symmetra in their matches. It makes you wonder if you want someone who is competent on one hero, meta or not, or someone who can be competent on 5 or more.

I can tell you're American because your people often confuse Sweden and Switzerland.

Being a one trick in the regular player base is more acceptable because most of us are not pro players, therefore, we don't have the time to play multiple heroes at a high level.

I should add that being a one trick in plat and belong is inexcusable since the matches are easy enough to be at least decent on many heroes.

I especially think being a sym or mercy one trick is inexcusable since they are literally the easiest heroes in the game, you can at least master one and the other since they're so similar.
Agreed.

Blizzard themselves has said that not every hero is designed to be played in every situation. Playing heroas on suboptimal situations is throwing and reportable
01/30/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Miraude
Question: If that one trick Genji or Dva is being countered hard by the enemy team, are you gonna ask them to switch?

Because that's the thing I find most frustrating about this. Off-meta, how dare you drag the team down, report them. Meta, oh you just suck at -----.

i dont know how you hard counter dva she is a tank. she is suppose to take all the damage and create space for her team. mei can freeze her but cant really do much damage to a tank on her own. how do you hard counter a genji? he has the greatest mobility among all of the dps. winston can get on a high ground with his jump which is on a CD, fine i can move on to another high ground with my double jump,wall climb,dash.
how do you hard counter a sym? just jump on the team the sym is not going to do !@#$ she has no mobility her turretes are eaten by tesla gun her damage ouput is not high enough her tele or shield is easily killed. play pharah and kill her from skies.play winston and jump on her. play. any hitsan and poke her from long range.
she does not bring anything valuable to the table. which is why she is a horrible pick to one trick
Symmetra is difficult.

Like how accounting is difficult to a gym teacher.
02/02/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Amerasian
Agreed.

Blizzard themselves has said that not every hero is designed to be played in every situation. Playing heroas on suboptimal situations is throwing and reportable

False.

Here is the reasoning for why your statement is incorrect:

12/18/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Josh Engen
We believe players can choose to play any available hero during any game at any time, and that their choice of hero alone is not a behavior that should be penalized by our customer service team under any of the player report categories (including griefing, inactivity, or poor teamwork).

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760716149#post-10
01/30/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Freethinker
I know what I'm about to say might be upsetting to a few people, but I genuinely think some one tricks are better than others. For example, I think being a Genji or D.Va one tricks is better than being a sym or hanzo one trick. It's not because I like Genji and D.Va or cuz the pros play them but because they are viable in most situations. And heroes and sym and hanzo are not. Unless there were more than 2 on my team, I would be far more comfortable having one tricks on a meta heroes than on niche heroes.

You can ask the Junkrats how lucky they are that his hero got a huge buff and is OP, otherwise they'll be getting banned too, even tho Hanzo maybe can kill Pharah, while is a lot harder with Junk. I have an alt where I main Hanzo but not OTP, I like playing cree or soldier against a pharah, or tracer on KOTH, and I get banned, so the thing is, you don't even need to be a OTP.