Mercy main players insta-locking Moira

Competitive Discussion
Thank you all for responding to my post, feedback was appreciated. Closing thread.
I'm probably one of those players. I have wanted to 'main' Moira since she came out, put in a decent amount of time on her PTR to learn her ahead of time (as much as one could during that PTR), but couldn't pick her 90% of the time because either someone else had already picked her, the team would get unraveled if we didn't have a Mercy, or it was a situation where rez/valk was just too valuable to pass up on.

Thank god I can fight you for Moira now, she's way more fun to play.
Thanks for your feedback! Really appreciate it :-)
no one has any real experience on her, she hasn't been out that long. Its good that mercy mains want to play her because at least they know how to heal
01/30/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Vladnuke
no one has any real experience on her, she hasn't been out that long. Its good that mercy mains want to play her because at least they know how to heal

Moira's healing is highly dependent on orb placement. New Moira players tend to overuse her left click heal and misplace healing orbs, if they use them at all. Not taking a side, just sayin' Mercy skills don't necessarily translate to efficient Moira healing.
So people begged for nerfs so Mercy players would play something else, but now they complain when they play something else?

What exactly do people want?
01/30/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Dragonify
So people begged for nerfs so Mercy players would play something else, but now they complain when they play something else?

What exactly do people want?

I’m not complaining at all, I’m more concerned about not trying a hero in quick play or arcade first before going into a competitive match.
lol mercy mains.
yeah im not a mercy main but shes my 2nd most played, as others said you go moira then the other healer goes lucio or zen and youre like wait we need a mercy guess i have to swap to win.. hated that
Moira's healing is dependent on the player first, orb placement second.

Most "Moira mains" are Zen/Lucio players. I praise the sun now Mercy mains will player because that means Moira will actually be healing instead of trying to DPS the entire time. They'll learn orb placement soon. And I'll happily wait for soon rather than having a dried out DPS Moira main.
No healers. Highest damage output wins. This includes self healing characters/Soldier: 76's Biotic Field.

I think I just found an idea for a new arcade daily brawl.
The fact she can heal and dps at the same time is most likely why she's so popular.
01/30/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Kilo
The fact she can heal and dps at the same time is most likely why she's so popular.

Nothing to do with the fact Mercyvis now shot to bits and Moira is basicly a Sym that self heals and can fire everlasting bouncing balls of death that pass through shields.
LITERALLY DAMNED IF WE STILL PLAY MERCY AND DAMNED IF WE PLAY SOMEONE ELSE.
What would you like them to do not play? They didn’t ask for this nerf. Well now you have it so deal with it.
I get the impression they just want mercy-players to find a different game. They being the community.
You're frustrated someone picked the hero you like to pick? Get over yourself, you don't have exclusivity on any hero.
01/30/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Astrobauble
LITERALLY DAMNED IF WE STILL PLAY MERCY AND DAMNED IF WE PLAY SOMEONE ELSE.

I know right today I got abused in comp cause I wouldn't switch off mercy.. I am a mercy main and only time I will switch to moira / other hero is if mercy is not working.
I am mercy main, I am proud of it, I will player her till I die cause I love healing.

She is sure dead but she can still heal and damage boost only thing now is that she can't instant rez or rez at all. Don't know why blizzard just takes rez out if they going to much around with it so much.
id rather them instalock a relatively easy to play support than a dps
01/30/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Dexter
Just frustrated that Mercy players are now insta-locking Moira in comp games with no experience on the hero and not switching. Happened multiple times today. I really enjoy playing Moira myself in comp but this is just really frustrating. Any one else have this happening in their games? Any advice on how you are dealing with it?

expand your hero pool

i have almost exclusively played tracer for 3 seasons but now everyone is suddenly a 100+ hour Tracer main