If current Mercy charged ult 50% faster...

General Discussion
Shot in the dark here, bear with me.

We're seeing all the expected (and not entirely uncalled for) reactions from Mercy players regarding the current nerfs, with most agreeing that Valkyrie is now pretty much one of the most useless ults in the game.

I have to say, when they first reworked her I was really excited about how fun it was to pull out your pistol during Valk and actually get to shoot at something for once. She was way overpowered but it was something most Mercies would never ever get to do unless cornered or you were legit playing battle mercy.

So what if we just agree that her ult is kinda useless and accept that, but make it charge far far faster? So like Tracer's pulse bomb, it's very easy to waste but builds up quite fast. The better the Mercy the more ults she'll generate, raising her skill ceiling a little too.

Would that compensate for her current nerfs? Would Mercy mains play her again and healbot for a little while if they knew they'd get 3-4 ults per map?

Discuss.
Valk is not useless... It's 15 seconds of chain healing that does 60hps on each target. Her ult thrives on engaging/prolonged teamfights.
Saying her Ult is useless isn't entirely true. It has some use its not very good but it has some use. It won't out heal a lot of well timed DPS ults but it isn't useless. Now having said that her Ult is not a lot of fun. All it does is make her press the heal button better. Wow so engaging. Oh and you can fly which is just kinda pointless.
She would take first spot in mobility over every mobile hero in the game. If it was to be fast like tracer's bomb it would have to last for a much, much shorter time and at that point you might as well revert.

Valk is not a waste and using it more often won't give her a higher skill ceiling. At least it will cause even more hatred towards her in the community. No one likes tying to hit her in valk just like no likes trying to aim at a tracer or genji.
Her ult is awesome... want to win a team fight, start the battle off with an Orisa !@#$o and a Mercy Valk. If your team can't win that fight you should all probably quit the game.

Also, if you do the above the 4 other heroes should have their ults for the next fight.

Mercy isn't bad. Valk isn't bad. Everyone just needs to actually use her correctly.

That being said, I do think her new play style is less fun for the Mercy player and that sucks.
01/31/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Abandofhobos
Her ult is awesome... want to win a team fight, start the battle off with an Orisa !@#$o and a Mercy Valk. If your team can't win that fight you should all probably quit the game.

Also, if you do the above the 4 other heroes should have their ults for the next fight.

Mercy isn't bad. Valk isn't bad. Everyone just needs to actually use her correctly.

That being said, I do think her new play style is less fun for the Mercy player and that sucks.

One soldier sights, high noon, good tire quick Genji ult, Moira normal attack valk done.
Why do people when they say something never think the other team has ults to?
Oh yeah Moira ult to can kill a valk mercy.
Valkyrie is still useful, but the perceived effect (from Mercy's perspective) is even weaker than it felt before. My own complaints are not really about the power of Valkyrie, because it was too powerful before, but about how clunky she feels to play whenever you try to rez. The mechanism of being frozen in place, unable to react to changing circumstances, goes against the rest of her kit and playstyle.