Any advice to a mercy main that needs to reroll?

Competitive Discussion
Hey guys.

So the new update makes mercy kind of obsolete to say the least, and I need help rerolling on a hero since I kind of one tricked her for 2 seasons.

So, back 3 seasons ago, I decided that bronze sucked and so picked up mercy and climbed my way to low/mid gold. It was going good till the nerf came out and mercy was no longer viable and I quickly noticed that I had no impact in the game at all.

So, does anyone have a good suggestion or idea what hero I should move on to?

Before you shame me for being a noob and playing mercy in the first place and then making joke suggestions like Moira or Sym because supposedly I can't aim, just hear me out first.

I picked up mercy because she was actually fun for me and I climbed with her because she was enjoyable and made me want to improve my gamesense and team work. My aim is competent for gold. This I know because I did fine when I had to go dps the few rare times and in quick play everyone is gold.

Ok, anyways, any good heroes that are op rn? I was thinking Roadhog or Junrat, and I'm so disgusted about what they did to mercy that I don't feel good playing any support anymore.
Take the time to learn the tanks if you want to still learn to improve your game sense and team work.
just play something you want to play, theres a ton of heroes, take the opportunity to improve your hero pool, so that in an event like this, you have other characters you know how to play. Since you one tricked with mercy and can't play other heroes you may be the one holding your teams back now. No big deal, just start learning to play.
Moira - serious suggestion. I find her fun to play.

Junkrat is still very good. Played him first time in comp today. Is another fun hero IMO.

Just play what's fun is best bet.

That said, if you find Pharah fun, there's your pass out of gold...
Mercy is still strong, she just isn't free win if the enemy doesn't have one.
Learn to aim...

*braces for the downvotes*
She’s not obsolete with a co heal. She can still Rez in the back line and ninja Rez. I won quite a bit with her with a co heal. Solo heal was a little rough.
Moira, dva, Ana.
Honestly, Moira is a ton of fun and viable, just need to learn to balance her heals and damage. I find that support mains usually use too much healing while dps mains use too much damage, so it is tough to balance both out which adds to the skill floor.

Learn to play Tank, they are easy to pick up especially if you are a support main.
The fact you main anything is one problem to begin with. Be versatile.
01/30/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Torivorx109

Definitely broaden your hero pool regardless, try adding at least 1 tank and 1 dps to it. Ideally 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 dps so you can always fill with a character you are strong with.

Apart from that I wouldn't give up on Mercy just after the patch came out. It seems her changes affected her ult and not her normal play. Sure the previous ult lasted a long time, but if you honestly found non-ult play too boring (it certainly makes up the majority of her play) it would seem odd to be one-tricking her in the first place.

Regardless try mastering 2 of each role, it will bring you a long way, if you need inspiration as to who, have a quick look at OWL char picks, as arguably if you get good enough they are the optimal picks to make if you are playing to win.
As a support main you tend to be pretty self reliant (don't have to care where the other healer is).

So, play someone with self heals:
- Reaper
- Mei
- Another support **
- S76.
- Roadhog
- Tracer (*maybe*) - the skill cap there is rather high.

I have ordered the list, based on how good your aim needs to be, pick accordingly.

** - Zen and Ana need good aim.
I go Moira/Zen usually.

Tanks are a waste of time if you soloQ. In a team they have impact.
Apparently Mercy mains are "throwing" if they play anyone other than Mercy right now.
They're also apparently "Throwing" if they still choose to play Mercy.

My advice is to just not even join voice chat anymore. Getting yelled at and accused of throwing the match before it even starts no matter what I do is getting so old.
01/30/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Torivorx109

Sombra, great alternative healer, insane ult build up rate and ultimate tilting source either for enemy team or your own. :D
My mercy main friend who has over 300 hours as mercy is ready to delete the game. She loved mercy now she is pissed. Way to piss of dedicated players who played the game for years blizzard.
Symmetra

No aim required.
Actually good in any composition at any rank.
Most people don't even know how to counter her (lol at Winston as a counter).
Can be played like Junkrat on chokepoints, like Reaper on point and like Roadhog on flanks.
01/30/2018 11:21 PMPosted by creek
My mercy main friend who has over 300 hours as mercy is ready to delete the game. She loved mercy now she is pissed. Way to piss of dedicated players who played the game for years blizzard.

To be fair it's all about appeasing the non-healer Overwatch League players xD
01/30/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Astrobauble
01/30/2018 11:21 PMPosted by creek

To be fair it's all about appeasing the non-healer Overwatch League players xD

You mean the gel froofroo boys who can’t grow facial hair.
For support heroes, Moira is a shorter-range alternative for Mercy, without the rez but somewhat-reliable damage and annoyance to your enemies. Lucio is good if you know how to position yourself and wallride the map. Zenyatta has always been a solid choice and even more so with good coordination, but way less healing so you need to know what your other support picks (avoid picking him when you got Lucio in the team and vice-versa). Ana is only if you're good with her timings, aiming and all.

Any other than support heroes I can't recommend exactly but Junkrat and Roadhog should still be decent. And if you need more offensive dps, Soldier or Reaper would be the most solid pick. As for tanks, you can pick whatever hero for as long as you can create space.