I’m scared for Moira.

General Discussion
Highly Rated
There is, without a doubt, going to be more Moiras in matches with these Mercy nerfs in play. While this may seem like a good thing, we know how things work around here.

The amount of nerf Moira threads are prominent as is, but I fear that as Moira becomes more played, people will begin to complain more and more about her - and people will start to agree.

It sucks knowing that a hero I enjoy and feel is perfectly balanced is probably going to be nerfed later down the line based on the history of this game and it’s heroes alone.
She should be fine. The big problem revolving around mercy was her ressurwct changing the game way to much and having such a large effect during team fights. Honestly moira is strong but doesn't have that type of ultimate or kit that just turns a fight around.
i hope not, shes one of the most balanced heroes in this game

Reinhardt Main btw
Moria is next... she is semi fun to play.. blizzard can't have that.
01/30/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Taaveti
I love Moira and would hate to see her nerfed. She's probably the the most balanced support along with zenyatta.
I don't understand why some people are still complaining about her.
Moira is next for sure. Then we’re back to Dva (she needs to change playstyle every 5 months)
Moira will be nerfed if Blizzard finds her too strong or she isn't working the way Blizzard wants.

And then there will be more cries of favoritism, owl viewership, dpswatch or some other non-sense, but it won't matter in the end. What matters is you either adapt or get out.
I play moira 99% of the time and I fear a nerf is coming too. Although she received a small one in no longer targeting turrets which was good. She rendered Sym useless.

However once she starts getting more time in the complaints will come. Moira is a very balanced character but not everyone can see that. So now I just wait to see if she will get crippled as much as Mercy
Moira its kind of a dps, so she wont be nerfed. Relax
01/30/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Taaveti

also can counter Genji and Traced which is forbidden.
Lucio and zen didn’t get nerfed hard when they were running !@#$ so I don’t think it’s gonna happen
If Moira gets nerfed then I fear that it would be dark days for the support cast.

With 80% of the cast nerfed from 2017 levels, Zenyatta will stand out as the uncontested strongest support, and he may just be the last domino.

Every single support may never see their 2017 power levels again.

01/30/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Arashi
Lucio and zen didn’t get nerfed hard when they were running !@#$ so I don’t think it’s gonna happen

Lucio got nerfed. It was just that back then Ana and Mercy were even worse.
Moira may prove to be a little too strong compared to the other supports. We will see if they choose to go the route of tuning her to the level of Ana and Lucio or buffing the other supports to the level of Moira.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they either made a change such as making her orbs lose 10% of their remaining juice per bounce or slightly lowering her heals-per-second/ resource meter.
01/30/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Fsouza87
Moira its kind of a dps, so she wont be nerfed. Relax

Do you even play this game?

-Lowest damage in the game
-“Moira is kind of a DPS”

like ... hello?? This is why I fear why Moira will be nerfed. Ridiculous opinions like these are going to pile up, plague the forums and other small communities, and aid in the process of her being nerfed.
01/30/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Legos
Moira may prove to be a little too strong compared to the other supports. We will see if they choose to go the route of tuning her to the level of Ana and Lucio or buffing the other supports to the level of Moira.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they either made a change such as making her orbs lose 10% of their remaining juice per bounce or slightly lowering her heals-per-second/ resource meter.

Ana and Lucio have very different power levels.

One is viable with certain team comps

The other is cannon fodder.

Support balance is at its worst atm.
If Moira gets nerfed no one is going to play healer anymore.
Moira does way too much damage for how much healing she does. You can't have Mercy's healing and Zenyatta's damage together on the same support.
Well see, we already see a lot of Moiras in QP and overbuff stats already show that she's as popular as Mercy. So i feel like most of the complaints against her are from QP regulars. If Mercy's pick rate goes down and gets replaced by even more Moira's, the complaints are probably going to get even worse.

And if the meta in Comp turns into Moira and they actually start seeing as many Moiras as we do in QP. Well, i'd say the forums are going to get really interesting.
01/30/2018 05:04 PMPosted by VMajoris

The amount of nerf Moira threads are prominent as is, but I fear that as Moira becomes more played, people will begin to complain more and more about her - and people will start to agree.

I am 100% sure of that.

A support that lets:

- A 1200 SR player pwn hard several high plat DPS running Junkrat and S76 in a FFA,

- That can damage the divine Genji and annoy the godly Tracer;

- That loads her ult very fast;

- And who (GASP) doesn't require God-tier aim to deal damage or heal?

She's as good as dead meat.